Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Noob Attack (Wizard Ediquette)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
The Noob attack is not an attack against computer enemies, but against other players. It works like this...

You're low on mana or life, or both, and you get snagged while trying to grab a whisp or something. You'll be fine as long as it's just the two enemies. Things are getting kind of tight and you're glad that the next hit should finish them off. But just then a Noob joins your battle, and then another. Two fresh enemies are brought into the battle which neither of the people joining can deal with in short order. And chances are neither have the means to heal you either. You end up defeated and more than a little annoyed.

This has happened to me twice recently in Mooshu. I don't have an issue with Noobs venturing far and wide in search of high experience quests. It is how I build my own characters, but please respect Wizard Ediquette. If you see someone at low energy in a battle, ask them if they need help, don't just barge in and increase the risk to them in the process.

I sometimes pop in on friends unannounced, but I am capable of quickly eliminating any threats I may introduce in the process, and my main wizard is a proficient healer. After the last time I was Noob attacked, I returned to the scene of the crime and did the same thing to them. They were both defeated while I watched. Then I took out the enemies.

Incidentally, don't cast defense spells if you can take out the enemy that same turn. It just drags things out.

Regards,
Valdus

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I COMPLETELY AGREE. when Diego sends you the message saying to jump into anyones battles he ( i.e. KI) should explain it better

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Sorry, I missed the latest election results. Did we vote you law maker?

For your information:

1) A wizard not in a battle (i.e. "on the sidewalk") can't see the stats of a wizard in battle, unless the wizard in battle has said something that appears on the chat screen.

2) A "noob" isn't necessarily a new player; that would be a "newbie" or "newb". A "noob" is a generally annoying player, and or one who has no interest in learning and who leans on others to do things for him/her.

3) The correct spelling of the word you mean to use is "Etiquette".

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Do you hate that guy or something? You told him everything he did wrong

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
A wizard not in a battle (i.e. "on the sidewalk") can't see the stats of a wizard in battle, unless the wizard in battle has said something that appears on the chat screen.

You can look at the ring around their feet to see their health though.

Even with my Legendary Life I question jumping into battles and bringing on another enemy. Same thing with Death, neither has a four pip enchantable AoE that can be cast right at the beginning, like Myth (Frog), Fire (Meteor), Ice (Blizzard), Storm (Tempest), Balance (Sandstorm). And even then, the monster might not 'light up' until the next round, I have people join me and I hold off on casting Scarecrow until the monster lights up. Hmm, wonder if Life can enchant Unicorn or is it 100%?

Defender
May 25, 2009
colagada wrote:
Sorry, I missed the latest election results. Did we vote you law maker?

For your information:

1) A wizard not in a battle (i.e. "on the sidewalk") can't see the stats of a wizard in battle, unless the wizard in battle has said something that appears on the chat screen.

2) A "noob" isn't necessarily a new player; that would be a "newbie" or "newb". A "noob" is a generally annoying player, and or one who has no interest in learning and who leans on others to do things for him/her.

3) The correct spelling of the word you mean to use is "Etiquette".

Even though you cant see the stats of the people who are battle while you are on the sidewalk, it is still rude to jump in a battle without asking. You can ask politely "May I join in your battle?" and if they're low on health or mana they could say "No, sorry".
And a noob is an annoying player, and that is what a noob is in that scenario. He/she was "more than a little *keyword* annoyed".

Signed,
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist