Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The "Find SGT Cullpepper" quest...Tragedy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Can someone please explain this to me:

I am a level 70 Balance wizard. I was doing the "find sgt cullpepper" quest on Colossus blvd in wizard city.
In this quest you enter a tower, pass a guy who warns you go have friends help with this one. Fine and dandy.

after, you go to the first floor, battle four rank 8 monsters. all good
next floor, four more monsters at the same level (rank 8 or 9). all good.

last floor, you encounter the boss, rank 9 fire boss. looks like the scarecrow. so far so good.

battle carries on for several rounds, he is close to death, and has only 2 pips...looks like certain victory for you.

however...

he then does this spell...meteor shower. goes critical...no biggie right? this has happened in this fight a few times now...usually about 300-500 damage...or 600-1200 damage if critical.

SO WHY is this one hitting at over 16,000 damage, killing everyone, regardless of shields or resistances??

How could a level 9 monster with 3 pips hit for over 16,000 damage?
this did not happen only once, but everytime me and my other level 70+ friends try this quest.??

KingsIsle....any explanation??

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Dazzler76 on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:

I am a level 70 Balance wizard. I was doing the "find sgt cullpepper" quest on Colossus blvd in wizard city.
In this quest you enter a tower, pass a guy who warns you go have friends help with this one. Fine and dandy.

last floor, you encounter the boss, rank 9 fire boss. looks like the scarecrow. so far so good.

battle carries on for several rounds, he is close to death, and has only 2 pips...looks like certain victory for you.

however...

he then does this spell...meteor shower. goes critical...no biggie right? this has happened in this fight a few times now...usually about 300-500 damage...or 600-1200 damage if critical.

SO WHY is this one hitting at over 16,000 damage, killing everyone, regardless of shields or resistances??

this did not happen only once, but everytime me and my other level 70+ friends try this quest.??

You were warned on the first floor that those boss' cheat and cheat big time. That is precisely why they recommend that you take help with you. If you do not kill this boss FAST he kills all, very thoroughly too. He is one of the challenges of the tower that you need to figure out. Plan ahead and be ready to kill him fast. Have a short deck ready that has just what you need to set up and clobber him quickly or out you go.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

however...

This is Briskbreeze Tower and is entirely optional. It is meant to be a challenge. KI owes you no explanation. You were warned about cheats before you even battled your first set of NPCs.

The only tip I have is this: Once you get to the top level, take out that minion and fast. If you don't, you will be defeated again. and again.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

however...

It's not the boss that killed you. He summons a minion. If you don't kill the minion within 4 rounds, he explodes causing a 10,000 base meteor. You just have to kill him quickly when he appears. He only appears a max of 3 times.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Like Chrissy said, this is a cheatin' boss.

This guide gives a lot of info on the Briskbreeze Tower:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?31235-Gauntlet-of-Woe-the-Illustrated-Guide

And if you are interested, they have groups of player on that same fansite, who volunteer to help with difficult areas like this. Here is another link to them, in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

And at the end of the guide on Christo's post, he gives the link for another group of helpers:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?217832-TAS-Request-Center-Assistance-For-ALL-Bosses-Dungeons-amp-Towers-In-ALL-Worlds

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for the help on this one. Info was extremely helpful. Cheers!

Blaze Nightshade - Level 70