Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The death door

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Hi, Kingsisle! My name is Parker. I have 2 wizards, By the names of; 1. Blaze AshFlame(fire level 56) 2. Kyle storm(storm level 32) And i was wondering about the death door in the haunted cave. Does it also lead to nightside? does it have something to do with a higher level death school quest? Or is it simply just for show? Please answer this, i would love to know!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
parkerswizard12332... on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
Hi, Kingsisle! My name is Parker. I have 2 wizards, By the names of; 1. Blaze AshFlame(fire level 56) 2. Kyle storm(storm level 32) And i was wondering about the death door in the haunted cave. Does it also lead to nightside? does it have something to do with a higher level death school quest? Or is it simply just for show? Please answer this, i would love to know!
At this point it isn't accessible. But that doesn't mean it won't lead somewhere someday. :)

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Would be fun with a new ''waterworks'' based on the next world with new top lvl gear... Just an idea

Jonathan Frogheart - Armiger in Avalon - Lvl 75 Ice

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
:/ It's nothing unfortunatly. It'd be a great idea for an expansion though... Queen Morganthe returns to Wizard City! . If that happens, I'd have to be some kind of fortune teller.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
At this point it isn't accessible. But that doesn't mean it won't lead somewhere someday. :)
True that is what KI does by putting inaccessable stuff in game it lays in wait for an update that uses it.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
The death door is the way into nightshade...the place wear the real death school is...and there is a dungeon called "The Sunken City."

from
Luke Greentail

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I could be wrong, but if i remember correctly, once you beat Sunken city,there is some kind of extra exit that i once went through, and it led me to the haunted cave Through that door.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
eeee303 on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
I could be wrong, but if i remember correctly, once you beat Sunken city,there is some kind of extra exit that i once went through, and it led me to the haunted cave Through that door.
That's not correct. Professor Greyrose has addressed this same question in other posts.
The door is not functional. Yet.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
RavenLady777 on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
That's not correct. Professor Greyrose has addressed this same question in other posts.
The door is not functional. Yet.
well sorry, i said i could be wrong, and somtimes i remember things wrong. anyways there are other things inactive in the game like the cryptkeeper in grizzleheim, the guy near the phonebooth in marleybone, the painter near the fountain in wysteria, and even barkingham palace in marleybone is unenterable.

Ryan Death-Level 71 Fire
Ryan ShadowStone-Level 29 Death
Ryan Thunderglade-Level 14 Ice
Ryan Trollshield-Level 7 Myth
Ryan Lightningpants -Level 1 Storm(lol)

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Luke Greentail on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
The death door is the way into nightshade...the place wear the real death school is...and there is a dungeon called "The Sunken City."

from
Luke Greentail
not THAT one, the one in the haunted cave, not inside the waterfall in the commons.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
No one knows where it goes, no one know where it leads. Everyone wants to know.... We just have to wait.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
For a few years now I have been wondering: "What the heck is in that gate and when can I go in?"
So, I think my question is clear, What is in the Death gate in the Haunted Cave? I don't care how I get there or what to do I just want to know if there is a plot to actually GO IN yet. A yes or no question, THAT'S ALL!

Sincerely
Grandmaster Necromancer Dylan GoldShield

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I'm Christina life in life on level 34 and has unlocked that area on level 20 something. So it's not just death and I'm life so you should be getting a quest soon.
- hope I helped

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
where does the death door in huanted cave lead i really want to know

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
LOL I just noticed that door today! Anyway, also saw the fire door in Golem court about a month ago and i'm wondering what it is. I haven't noticed anyone going there, so I'm guessing it might be one of those doors that doesn't lead to anything... but if it does, tell me where! Don't worry, I don't care about spoilers!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Chrissygirl12 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I'm Christina life in life on level 34 and has unlocked that area on level 20 something. So it's not just death and I'm life so you should be getting a quest soon.
- hope I helped
Um... not that one... the one IN Haunted Cave, near the Stormdrain tower

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
balancegirl831 on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
LOL I just noticed that door today! Anyway, also saw the fire door in Golem court about a month ago and i'm wondering what it is. I haven't noticed anyone going there, so I'm guessing it might be one of those doors that doesn't lead to anything... but if it does, tell me where! Don't worry, I don't care about spoilers!
It is used in a quest for fire wizards, then later, all wizards go in it for a quest in DS.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I've heard it's where the "death kingdom" is held, but I don't know if it's ture. The guy who told me this told me on a different game, and he said he was level 68 death; and he said he wanted to be level 90 which made it easier to believe, but idk if he's lying or what. I guess the only way to find out is get a death wizard on your account.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46 elf. =P

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
balancegirl831 on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
Um sorry to break it to you but only wiz can enter that place the next to golem court.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I am a wizard and I can go into Dragon's Mouth cave whenever I want so...

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Lord of Necromancy on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
I am a wizard and I can go into Dragon's Mouth cave whenever I want so...
I'm a level 13 fire wizard and and I remember getting the quest when I first went into dragons mouth cave around lvl 10 or 12. I got it from professor falmea so im assuming that its fire wizards only. I've only seen pyromancers in there anyway so, yeah. It's very unlikely that you can go in there anytime, it could just be a glitch.

Autumn nightblood, Lvl 13

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
i am a lvl 62 wiz and funny story i spen an hour trying to get in the death door XD

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
People, the OP is not talking about the Dragon's Mouth cave at all.
This was asked: "...death door in the haunted cave.' This is in Triton Ave near the dungeon where you defeat Lord Nightshade. It is a gate, not a door.

And the gate does not open. Professor Greyrose confirmed this awhile back, also stating that it may be used in the future.

Squire
May 10, 2013
BalanceMythHarmony on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
:/ It's nothing unfortunatly. It'd be a great idea for an expansion though... Queen Morganthe returns to Wizard City! . If that happens, I'd have to be some kind of fortune teller.
Isn't that a spoiler for the new ones?

@Riker123:

You are currently incorrect. We are talking about the one in the Haunted Cave not in the Commons.

Its opening up soon