Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tartarus Bad Luck?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Hi there guys, as you can tell by the title of this topic, I will be talking about tartarus.
1.Ok here's the thing, I am a level 96 promethean storm wizard, and of course I am the main hitter so people always blade stack me to hit, so one day i decided to farm cronus and I see a max ice wizard with no gear whatsoever or pet, all he did during the match was shield himself and i did all the hitting, after the match he got the hades wand first try and this one being at least my 10th try I get nothing, I know the drops are random but seriously, how does a person get the good drops while not doing anything.

2. Everytime I farm hades or cronus, I find myself only getting senator gear, haven't gotten athame or ring either and the best thing I got was the zeus promethean bolt wand.
I am not saying they should increase rates though It would be awesome, I just want them to make them school specific and maybe even give the better stuff to the people that heal or blade instead of going in without gear and sitting there while someone else takes the hits and/or hits.

3. Its not very easy soloing the dungeon as a storm wizard, not because I can't kill, but because my resist and damage aren't all that high and bosses have pretty decent block and critical. So finding 4 people that actually stay on throughout the entire dungeon isn't all that common.
I know this sounded like a rant and that I just wanted tons of things changed, but people like myself spend hours farming tartarus just to find themselves getting senator gear and useless regents.

Thank you for reading! level 96 wizard Brady ThunderSword

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1. It's random, that's the most fair way to do things. Otherwise only Storm and Fire would ever get anything.
2. To be fair, most storm hitters do the least work in most dungeons. You sit as save pips while everyone blades and traps and heals and shields you, then cast one spell. It's all part of the team. If the game based it off pips used, hitters would get nothing.
3. It's not easy for anyone to solo it, my Myth is my only wizard that does so easily. You need to find people who will go together as a team. The problem you seem to be having is just timing. You are late coming to Tartarus so a lot of people have gear and have moved on to farming Morganthe. The Senate gear plagued us all, it's just one of those things you have to deal with.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
1. Sorry he was a jerk, man. As long as you cast a spell in battle, you're eligible for rewards. Non-Ice Hades wands are pretty useless, they're all critical no block. I managed to get a Frosty Stare Tiki Torch from packs, so I use that instead.

2. This is just Lady Luck not liking you. I got the defensive armor on my first run, the defensive boots on the second, and the Hades wand on the third. Frankly, I don't care what school senator's gear I get, it goes immediately down my pet's gullet.

3. Hardest part of the dungeon, I feel your pain. Nothing more annoying than some guy leaving and ruining the entire run.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It is worth farming Cronus for the Blade of the Felled Titan. With 4 players and a storm hitting that fight should only take a few minutes and the drop rate of the blade isn't bad.

You can skip farming Hades and the Gladiator. They have nothing essential for storm wizards. Most of the drops from Tartarus are junk most of the time.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
I bet you don't want to hear this, but it is mostly random. It's all luck as to what you will get, if you get anything. To be honest, I've been farming this dungeon since it came out. I know several people who have gotten the amulet, and I even have a friend who got all 3 pieces of the set he wanted on his 3rd try. I, on the other hand, only have one of the two pieces of gear i want after 76 tries. Once, I got nothing for killing all 3 enemies because the other people, while they kept trying, couldn't do anything to kill the bosses. At the very end, one person who we had to keep alive because they were afk the entire time came back, and got the amulet of divine influence. After that they had the guts to act like they were the only person doing anything, and all 3 of us reported him. As to the Hades wand thing, I myself use the hades wand and crafted azteca block boots. I know many storms who are higher levels than me and literally ALL of their stats are lower than mine. Just feel lucky. Some people spend whole days farming, weeks of those days farming, all for nothing. And they stay hopeful, which is what I do.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Most of it is random but if you die you better have potions because if your team defeats Hades you wont get the gear but i hear ya. during school i played every weekend (didn't want to quest in part 2 until my resist was worthy of a lvl 99) but now who knows how long its gonna take. I happen to have a theory if you defeat Hades die and then flee and come back you wont get gear.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Wyrm on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Most of it is random but if you die you better have potions because if your team defeats Hades you wont get the gear but i hear ya. during school i played every weekend (didn't want to quest in part 2 until my resist was worthy of a lvl 99) but now who knows how long its gonna take. I happen to have a theory if you defeat Hades die and then flee and come back you wont get gear.
That's not only true with Hades. It's any boss in any dungeon. If you flee after killing the main boss (Hades in this case), you get nothing. Once the main boss is killed, you must be healed back to life in order to still get drops.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
WOW guys i realized I was wrong, after this post I ended up getting zeus robe, blade of felled titan and hades staff wand XD thank you for responding though! I guess it is fair, and the feeling of working for something so hard is better than just getting it! ;D

And I also ended up getting poseidon hat lol