Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken City VERY TOUGH

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2009
One: you can easily get attacked by the 3 myth monsters at the beginning. And two: the death monsters in the tower at the end of the street are Extremely HARD.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
selena15432 wrote:
One: you can easily get attacked by the 3 myth monsters at the beginning. And two: the death monsters in the tower at the end of the street are Extremelyjavascript:emoticon(':('); HARD.
i know i got a grand ice so i was bored and started a life and for the dryad spell the life x spell you got to do sunken city and kill an oni

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
What's the point of an optional area designed for extra challenge if isn't challenging? If you don't want to group, then wait until your level is in the mid 20s or so and you'll be able to solo it.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
yes, like Quizzical said, Sunken City is meant to challenging, particularly for low levels. There's instances like Sunken City in the other worlds which are also meant to be very tough, like Tomb of the Beguiler in Krokotopia and Kensingston Park in Marleybone.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 04, 2009
The thing is that even though it is supposed to be challenging it is a little too. :? I could prob beat it except that it is 3vs.1 and that is really unfair. :(

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I wouldn't worry about the number of opponents unless you're a life wizard, as every school except life has an aoe attack spell of some sort. once you get a strong aoe spell, those baddies will drop like flies just the same, even if its 4v1. :D

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Survivor
May 28, 2009
selena15432 wrote:
what do you mean by an aoe spell? Oh and thanks for the motivation :D .
he means the attack all enemies spell

Survivor
May 23, 2009
That Sunken City place isn't following the rules. In monster areas, if you stay on the sidewalks, they won't bother you. Yet obviously that rule doesn't apply here, because right at the beginning of Sunken City, I am walking on the sidewalk! And all of a sudden, I am attacked by three 500 health monsters! And that's like battling 3 Krakens!

Ryan DragonSword,
Initiate Wizard

P.S. Please tell me if there is any monster repel clothing!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
Well, I tried to beat Sunken City at level 16 with only one friend who was around the same level I was. Needless to say, we didn't get very far We got sucked into the battles even while staying on the sidewalks (hugging the buildings) so I'm giving up on Sunken City until I'm at least mid-twenties level. But, it's meant to be challenging, right?

-Scarlet Angelbane

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
My best advice is to do 3 things.

1.Take two or three friends (try to make one a healer).

2.Fill up on treasure cards.

3.Fill your potion(s) :)

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
selena15432 wrote:
One: you can easily get attacked by the 3 myth monsters at the beginning. And two: the death monsters in the tower at the end of the street are Extremely HARD.
i know its is hard and im a level 32 thamaturge, anyone know wants to help me go to kelvin area 1 anyday 8:00 am my name is david silverspear! help!

Survivor
May 21, 2008
firewarriorcat wrote:
selena15432 wrote:
what do you mean by an aoe spell? Oh and thanks for the motivation :D .
he means the attack all enemies spell

AOE actually stands of area of effect, but you're right that what it means is that the spells attacks all enemies.