Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken City, too hard for a Magus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
I'm a Balance Magus and have beaten Sunken City the first time I entered (Thanks to three amazing top level wizards) and have gone back to see if, now that I'm a Magus, I can beat it solo. I can't, i get drawn into battles on the street and not even 3 full potion vials help me. I'm not angry or anything before you think I am, but could you explain why put such an annoying dungeon in the first world? It deserves to be a DragonSpyre type quest (From what I've seen of Dragonspyre anyway, I'm only in MooShu

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Four level 13 wizards (about the time access to Nightside is granted) can beat Nightside if they play well. Obviously, it would be near-impossible to solo at that level without the use of Henchmen.

Nightside isn't too tough for some schools. I beat it on Life at level 28, using a Sprite Guardian to help keep me healed. It's very easy to solo on a level 28 Storm, using Tempest as the key spell.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Really? I never get the Nightshade quest and I'm level 18!

Ashley Angelbreeze
Level 18 pyromancer journeyman

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Webkinzsnowcrystal wrote:
Really? I never get the Nightshade quest and I'm level 18!

Ashley Angelbreeze
Level 18 pyromancer journeyman

Lord Nightshade is the boss in Stormdrain Tower in the Haunted Cave. You get that quest after finishing all of the storyline quests on the three streets that branch off of Olde Town, followed by the quest to defeat Foultooth.

You may have meant Nightside. That's the area behind the Waterfall in the Commons. If you've finished the above, Merle Ambrose should have given you a quest to go to the Death School, which is in Nightside. Marla Stinger is standing outside of the Death School, and she has a quest that will eventually lead you into Sunken City.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I quite agree with your statement.. I never finished that quest till I was a grandmaster. Even then it was a challenge(mainly being easily pulled into battle). Wizard101 does need to lower the standards for it. It simply, is not a piece of cake. That's for sure! But some of the rewards are incredible. Such as a few day mount. And some exclusive pets! This is Wizard City's best boss! Then again, probably too tough for what it is set at for who can receive the quest.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Castorez wrote:
I quite agree with your statement.. I never finished that quest till I was a grandmaster. Even then it was a challenge(mainly being easily pulled into battle). Wizard101 does need to lower the standards for it. It simply, is not a piece of cake. That's for sure! But some of the rewards are incredible. Such as a few day mount. And some exclusive pets! This is Wizard City's best boss! Then again, probably too tough for what it is set at for who can receive the quest.

It's not suppose to be a piece of cake. KI designed several dungeons to test the limits of wizards abilities. They were all designed to be completed with a group, not solo (and to be challenging for that group too).

Sunken City
Tomb of Beguiler
Kensington Park
Briskbreeze Tower
Spiral Geographic Warehouse
Waterworks

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Nightside wasn't hard at all for me

I did it at level 14 on my necro only with help from my brother who was a 12 or 13 life. (he leveled up in the middle of it)

We did get pulled off the sidewalk into encounters but the encounters weren't that hard either.

Didn't use any pots either

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
For an average wizard to solo Sunken City you should be around level 40.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I beat Sunken City with one other person when i was level 13. (He was level 11 i think.)

I was relatively new to Wizard101 when I pulled that off :3

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
If you're having trouble with Sunken City i recommend you wait until you're in Marlybone because Sunken city is not required just like Kensington Park or The Ironworks. (If you need more xp when you're in Marlybone to level up and didn't do Sunken City then you should go in and DO IT WITH SOMEONE ELSE