Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sultan's monkey gargantuan bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
I have bought the bundle that has the sultans monkey pet inside it and have been using it, and i have noticed that when you use the gargantuan card the monkey gives you the numbers do not match up. The pet gives the card gargantuan which is a sun school spell that modifies the damage on a spell to give it +225 damage. I have put this spell on my Ghoul spell that does 160 flat damage. It is expected that the modified ghoul spell with the gargantuan spell attached should do a flat 385 damage, but instead it only shows to have 310 damage and only does 310 damage. The same bug occurs on vampire too. Vampire does a flat rate of 350 and is expected after modification it should have 575 of damage, but only has 500 damage. I have tested to see if the bug occurs on other cards also, but the numbers match up. This bug only occurs so far on spells that have a fixed amount of damage (like ghoul always dealing a flat 160 damage before modifiers), and in both instances of ghoul and vampire both spells were cut short 75 power from what should be expected. I do not know if this is just a game mechanic that i do not know about or a actual bug. Please tell me if it is just a game mechanic or a bug, and if it is a bug please fix it.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2016
It's not a bug, it's just how steal spells (i.e. Ghoul and Vampire) react to damage enchants by only receiving 2/3 of the whole enchant. Anything else that deals damage should receive the full enchant.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The problem is, Death school's drain spells don't get the full damage enchantment from Sun school spells. So what you're seeing is, unfortunately, the way that drain spells work vs. full damage spells like Skeletal Pirate or Banshee. If you try those, you should see the full damage enchantment take effect.

Why Death's drain spells are treated differently is a matter of controversy - most Death wizards are annoyed by it, to say the least. But, that's the way KingsIsle decided to do it and so far, they are showing no interest in changing this mechanic.

It's not a bug, it's just ... "life" as a Death wizard.

Alia Misthaven, 124
Fallon Raven, 92