Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Statue in the Lake

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 27, 2009
So when I was in Wizard City one day, on my way to the bazaar, I looked over to the mini lake in the commons and that odd statue caught my attention. I've gave notice to it before, but I've never really thought about it. The statue features a boy wizard and a girl wizard, both holding their wands in the air. In the middle is a piggle with a sun on it's belly. On the base of the figure is a plaque, saying "Gratias Ago Vos". Thinking it was Latin, I went on to google translate and tried to find out was it means. It means "Thank You." I know this is a stupid question, but what is the statue there for? Are the wizards and pet on it relevant to the game? And who is Wizard City thanking? If anybody knows please respond. But if you don't know, please don't reply and say "I don't know".

Bailey Skullvault
Level 55 Grandmaster Pyromancer
Sword Saint
Genius is initiative on FIRE- Holbrook Jackson

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
robotdino123 on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
So when I was in Wizard City one day, on my way to the bazaar, I looked over to the mini lake in the commons and that odd statue caught my attention. I've gave notice to it before, but I've never really thought about it. The statue features a boy wizard and a girl wizard, both holding their wands in the air. In the middle is a piggle with a sun on it's belly. On the base of the figure is a plaque, saying "Gratias Ago Vos". Thinking it was Latin, I went on to google translate and tried to find out was it means. It means "Thank You." I know this is a stupid question, but what is the statue there for? Are the wizards and pet on it relevant to the game? And who is Wizard City thanking? If anybody knows please respond. But if you don't know, please don't reply and say "I don't know".

Bailey Skullvault
Sword Saint
I am thinking maybe it is thanking all the wizards for making this gamea big success, or maybe not, this is just a guess and maybe it will be relevent to a quest later in the game

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
robotdino123 on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:

Bailey Skullvault
Sword Saint
This is a thank you to us, the players, the wizards that keep the game going. It's simply a nice gesture by KI. No, it's not relevant to game play; the boy and girl and again, us. The piggle is a piggle - we all get one.

(and please don't tell people not to reply even if they don't know; that's not nice)

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I think it was put into the game once wizard101 reached a certain number of players.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
it was a statue celebrating 1 million players if I remember and it mentioned the 1,000,000th by name which was a Fiona Ashblood if memory serves correctly. hope it helps
caleb G.
lvl 35

Survivor
Feb 03, 2012
i dont know maby because its saying thank you for everyone who is playing... once again i dont rely know.

melissa silverblossum lvl16

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I guess it is to celebrate 1,000,000 players.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011