Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some observations about Nightside

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I've noticed some... inconsistencies about the Death school building. Namely, it doesn't fit in with the other schools around Ravenwood. For instance, the death school has six turrets and a big skull mural on the roof, which none of the other schools have anything resembling. I mean, the Fire school having chimneys, that makes sense. The plants covering the life School only seem natural. But if the death school got put back in it's place, juxtaposed with the rest, everyone would think that it's roof is just showing off. Even the school tower doesn't match. Other school towers have their school symbol in the middle of the door. The Death tower has a window, and a smaller symbol above the door.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I'm guessing when he was the death teacher, Malistaire had something to do with planning the architecture.

Alternatively, when the school was founded it started with only one building everyone shared. As the school grew, the other teachers moved out to new buildings, and Malistaire got to redecorate. Hmmm, why do you suppose the other teachers might not want to share a building with death school? Maybe all the dead things waiting around?

Survivor
May 21, 2015
average moe on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
I've noticed some... inconsistencies about the Death school building. Namely, it doesn't fit in with the other schools around Ravenwood. For instance, the death school has six turrets and a big skull mural on the roof, which none of the other schools have anything resembling. I mean, the Fire school having chimneys, that makes sense. The plants covering the life School only seem natural. But if the death school got put back in it's place, juxtaposed with the rest, everyone would think that it's roof is just showing off. Even the school tower doesn't match. Other school towers have their school symbol in the middle of the door. The Death tower has a window, and a smaller symbol above the door.
This is probably because of the fact that it is not supposed to.
It is supposed to be a unique thing, encountered right near the end of wizard city, and that is why it does not fit in.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Here's another one, up in Ravenwood, all the school towers are very close to Bartleby, like, between his roots. (Possibly invading his personal space.) There is some space between his roots where the Death Tower would have been, but the chasm doesn't get close enough to his trunk. There's just a nondescript patch of perfectly healthy grass.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Very astute observations!

To which I will respond with that's because a Wizard did it!

Haha, no I see you're concern, but from a design perspective- I agree that they probably just wanted to make it unique.

Lore perspective- I do think that it would be highly likely that Malistaire could have made some alterations to the Death School. I don't know if Malistaire was just extending his influence or what, but you have noticed that while there are creatures from each school on their respective streets, there is a larger influx of Death Magic hanging around Wizard City. What I mean is Fire Cat Alley doesn't just have Fire Elves, but Ghostly Haunted Minions and Skeletal Warriors and Triton Avenue is full of Banshee's and Rotting Fodders and Ghostly Minions too! I wonder if that excess Death Magic bolstered the physical appearance of the school? Dworgyn could also have been trying to make repairs once he figured out that the school actually had sunk. Perhaps Merle had extra funds for renovationsonce he realized that the school had not been destroyed.