Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So many questions...I need some help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
1.) How do I just chat in the window? I click the little window thingie and it opens the chat window. I type in it and hit enter and no one sees it...

2.) I bought the crowns..now, what do i do with them? I was under the impression i could use them like game gold...? No?, Yes? Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks Fiona Dragontamer

Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
Explorer
Jun 21, 2008
Great, Glad to Oblige!

Chat: Ok, when you type, are your words red or white

Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
Ok...cliked on the chat bubble and a empty chat window came up in front of me...I hit enter and typed in the line...The words were red while typing and as soon as a word was done it turned white...I hit enter and nothing came up

Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
I am sure there will be tons of responses but here goes...
If you have text chat, you can just hit enter and type. If someone does not have text chat (voice balloon with red line through it), they just see ... . If you do not have text chat, you have to click on the icon on your upper left corner of the screen.

As for crowns, you have to buy stuff at Zeke. He is in each of the worlds of the spiral. In WC, he is in Old Town (next to shopping district).

Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
I figured out a lot of it...Just a suggestion....Wizard101 should ask thier members what was the hardest things to figure out and then post a faq about them...I still don't understand the chat system but I guess with so many young children playing its better not to allow open chat. I am playing this so that i can involve my 8 yr old granddaughter and wouldn't want her to see bad stuff...although she will never be allowed to play when i'm not with her..at least for awhile...

The tutorial that you get from Diego the Duelmaster in immesurable in value..It should occur much sooner than the lv 6 or 7 that I was offered it..Also, some explaination as to the value and use of crowns would help..I am an adult that plays lots of these games so I pretty much knew what to do with them but youngsters that are new to role playing games just don't know..

Thanks for the answers and help here..I appreciate it from everyone who answered!!
Fiona Dragontamer

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
Crowns are just like gold, except you cant find them anywhere in the game whatsoever. You have to buy them using real money, and then use the crowns you bought to buy special armor within the game. People use crowns because armor and other items cost a lot of gold, and it takes forever to get this gold. Also, people like to wear black or red clothes, but they cost MUCH more gold than other colors such as blue or white. I wear all white clothes so i dont have to run around farming gold. With crowns, if you want to buy clothes, every color is the same price. To purchase these clothes or other items, find prospector zeke and click on "purchase items with crowns." Prospector zeke can be found in each world. In wizard city, he is in the commons near the pond. In krokotopia, he is in the Oasis near the library. In marleybone, he is in regent's square, in the center where all the shops are. I haven't seen him in mooshu yet, but in dragonspyre, when you go down the stairs and see Cyrus Drake, turn right and go down those stairs and he will be there. Hope this Helps!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
1.) How do I just chat in the window? I click the little window thingie and it opens the chat window. I type in it and hit enter and no one sees it...

2.) I bought the crowns..now, what do i do with them? I was under the impression i could use them like game gold...? No?, Yes? Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks Fiona Dragontamer

well you may ot have text chat and you can buy things with crows at prospector zeke.