Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quests that involve collecting items?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
Okay, I'm on a mission currently, which involves collecting an item. So let's say I use a fire spell when I need to collect hay. Would that affect whether or not I can collect it? Or would it burn the item? I don't think it plays a factor but I've been trying to collect an item but it isn't collecting, so I'm assuming it doesn't drop every time

Thanks

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jasonmii on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
Okay, I'm on a mission currently, which involves collecting an item. So let's say I use a fire spell when I need to collect hay. Would that affect whether or not I can collect it? Or would it burn the item? I don't think it plays a factor but I've been trying to collect an item but it isn't collecting, so I'm assuming it doesn't drop every time

Thanks
I'm not sure if you were serious with this question (would a fire spell burn the hay?).

And I'm not sure what world you are in, or what quest you are working on, but I have found that as I reached the higher worlds, the "defeat and collect item" quests got harder and harder, because they took so long. I guess "harder" isn't the correct word. They weren't actually hard, just frustrating.

Starting at Celestia and upward, those quests take forever to collect the items you need. Good Luck with that.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
I think if you are able to get into the first turn of the battle, it might increase your chances.
Otherwise, it's just luck.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Drop rates are not good on most hunt and gather quests. When a mob spawns it has a chance of dropping what you need but you are never garaunteed to get the drop. Just keep at it and you will get what you need.