Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please explain how the equipment is different

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Prof. Greyrose and wizards;

I spent most of yesterday in Aquila and earned 3 badges, while also getting rewards in gear. And just read that the wand that I have 2 of from Ares, can offer 120 damage when an Ice wizard uses it.

Question: I am still using crafted Avalon hat and robe and yesterday noticed that I got better results (maybe?) from using the Ice boots at level 70 versus 90. If the Aquila gear doesn't rely on criticals, what was the point of Diego teaching us that, much less seeing the critical gear in the Celestia-Azteca Arc?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:

I spent most of yesterday in Aquila and earned 3 badges, while also getting rewards in gear. And just read that the wand that I have 2 of from Ares, can offer 120 damage when an Ice wizard uses it.

Question: I am still using crafted Avalon hat and robe and yesterday noticed that I got better results (maybe?) from using the Ice boots at level 70 versus 90. If the Aquila gear doesn't rely on criticals, what was the point of Diego teaching us that, much less seeing the critical gear in the Celestia-Azteca Arc?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Actually aquila is packed with all strategies (Crit, healing, balanced, and slight defense.). And diego taught you a lesson about criticals not what worlds would have critical based stuff. Congrats on the badges!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Diego teaches us about the Critical to help us know what it is, in the case we do choose to use it. I would rather like to know what it is, know what to do with it when I have it, than not no what in the world it is. And Diego is not teaching us about Critical and Critical block, just for Aquila. He's teaching us Critical and Block to know what it is and how to use it. There are plenty of worlds with Critical focused gears between Dragonspyre to Level 90 Aquila.

Gear does not need to focus on Criticals to simiply discard the training. It can still have some pieces of Critical or Block that you're going to need to know how to use.

Aquilan gear does focus on lots of critical. Down in torchard Tartarus, Hades' level 90 set increases Critical rating immensely. I saw a post one day, where a Myth wizard showed us the stats of the full Myth Level 90 Hades set that gave him 405 critical chance and +29% Pierce. Little defense though, but I found it nice.

-Zeus's gear gives Level 30 gear that increases the School powers ( school damage, school accuracy, a little resist to certain schools, and a fair amount incoming and outgoing heal). His Level 30 lighting bolt staffs increase a schools damage and accuracy. He does give Level 90 lighting bolt staffs that increase critical chance.
-Poseidon's gear is based on the Waterwork's set for level 70 to each school. It sacrifices areas of damage and resist for more critical, block, pierce, accuracy, health, incoming and outgoing heal, and some pip chance. His Trident staffs increase outgoing and incoming heals.
-Hades' gear gives two different sets to each school for Level 90. One is a very offensive based set that boosts critical and gives a lot of pierce. The other is defensive that is a Level 90 upgrade of the Waterworks set (and I must say it's a nice upgrade). Based off of the new Death Hades set, it increases critical, block, gives pierce, a little accuracy, more health, increased In. and Out. healing boosts, more pip chance and gives a fair amount of damage. Resist remained the same as the Level 60 Waterworks set, but this could have changed on other school sets.
-Senator's gear is focused on the school and it's offenses and increases defensives of schools only opposite to it. So the Life Senator's set will increase Life offense and increases defenses only to Death and Myth. Gives fair critical, lots of pierce, accuracy, damage, in and out going heal, large resist to one school and block to another school (only Ice has universal resist on there's). With this set are Ares' spears that give accuracy and damage at lower levels, while Universal Critical at higher level. At any time, the set and spears can be crafted into a stronger version (to craft the set you'll need the original version which will remove the original set for the stronger crafted version).