Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Novice Wizards-Important!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
27
Hey everybody :D
I am posting this because I don't want novice thaumaturges having
to do what I did.
Colossus Boulevard is just a side quest!! The whole thing is just a side quest
so ice wizards, you DO NOT have to do it.
I really hope you novice wizards read this!

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge, Jinxx 8)

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
146
Adherent
May 20, 2010
2899
This is bad advice, in my opinion.

Wizards should do Colossus Boulevard. The experience earned will be helpful in raising the player's level, which will give more health and mana, and which will make the wizard eligible for better equipment sooner. Colossus Boulevard is good for about a level and a half. The items won in battle may be useful and/or can be sold for gold.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
19
colagada wrote:
This is bad advice, in my opinion.

Wizards should do Colossus Boulevard. The experience earned will be helpful in raising the player's level, which will give more health and mana, and which will make the wizard eligible for better equipment sooner. Colossus Boulevard is good for about a level and a half. The items won in battle may be useful and/or can be sold for gold.

you are right :P

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
colagada wrote:
This is bad advice, in my opinion. Wizards should do Colossus Boulevard. The experience earned will be helpful in raising the player's level, which will give more health and mana, and which will make the wizard eligible for better equipment sooner. Colossus Boulevard is good for about a level and a half. The items won in battle may be useful and/or can be sold for gold.
i'm with colagada on this. i wouldn't recommend Any wizards, at least any new to the game, to skip this. An ice wizard may have the health to get away with this, but even they will be wanting the stronger gear and spells that go with leveling up for the stronger worlds. -eli and crew

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
65
Also, even if you choose to leave the main CB quest until later, it's important to explore the whole street. There's a spell shop with some key spells in it, one of the Smiths, and one of the books you need for a library quest.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
196
this happend to me and it was easy for me because i'm FIRE but when i got on to krok i felt stuip but still did it

Explorer
May 09, 2011
92
Hello,

I honestly think it is VERY Important to do this street... First of all, it may be a side street, but it will affect you in the long run, like what if need more XP to get in to Celestia to meet the Level 48 Restriction, I myself skipped this street but came back to it on Marleybone, noticing how important side quests are. You should do this, it affects you later on! :) Besides, it's not too hard, and it's fun!

- Mason D. -Level 42 NecroMancer-

Survivor
May 10, 2010
27
Justin 3620 is right! It is a side quest and you dont have to do it... unles you want to finish the smith quest book quest and all the other side quests. Not to mention if your an ice and you want your minion and your iceblade. and also if you want to do briskbreeze and for life wizards, nature's wrath.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
At some point you will have to complete a portion of Colossus. This comes when you are in Dragonspyre and are doing the Obsidian Chest quest. However, I never do it until it's required for that quest. With Crab Alley being brought back, and of course the clothes quest, you can level up very quickly in doing those. Although good for multi-MOB fighting experience, it is unnecessary.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
96
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
53
Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
4
man3100 wrote:
colagada wrote:
This is bad advice, in my opinion.

Wizards should do Colossus Boulevard. The experience earned will be helpful in raising the player's level, which will give more health and mana, and which will make the wizard eligible for better equipment sooner. Colossus Boulevard is good for about a level and a half. The items won in battle may be useful and/or can be sold for gold.

you are right :P
i do agree but still they dont have to i am not saying they cant like it glitched or something i am saying they can do what ever they want to with that side quedt like i did

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
15
Hey everybody
I am posting this so that all novixe wizard do what i did colossus blvd is a street i highly recomend you do

First it has the trainer that gives you some important spells

Second it has one of the smiths

Third it has one of the books

Forth it has one of the obsidian chests
And fifth it prepares you for your battles in krok

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
jasonhercules20 wrote:
Forth it has one of the obsidian chests


Yes, most importantly it has the Obsidian Chest (required main quest in Dragonspyre).

I skipped Colossus Boulevard entirely with one of my wizards and had to come back and complete the ENTIRE zone to gain entrance into the Gobbler King's area for that chest. Very boring at level 45.

Save yourself the trouble now, because later it is NOT optional.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
5
Um, this is some bad advice and you really shouldn't posted this. The thing is that Collosus Boulevard may be a side quest, but its good to do it because you'll get more experience and have a good time learning about it. Also, Collosus B. isn't only for Thaumaturges. No offense, but this made no sense to me at all.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
197
I always do Colossus, as I find it is very helful preparation for Krokotopia. 8)

Explorer
Jun 17, 2009
70
colagada wrote:
This is bad advice, in my opinion.

Wizards should do Colossus Boulevard. The experience earned will be helpful in raising the player's level, which will give more health and mana, and which will make the wizard eligible for better equipment sooner. Colossus Boulevard is good for about a level and a half. The items won in battle may be useful and/or can be sold for gold.
thats not a bad advice because all of my wizards are going to cb or krok after they defeat lord nightshade in the haunted cave around levels 11-13

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
178
Colocus Blvd. is basically getting you ready for the next worlds, notice how it is the first part in Wizard City where you battle 2 monsters at the same time. :?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
I didn't do it until I got to MarleyBone! I totally forgot about it! I accepted the first quest from Mindy Pixiecrown and never came back until a few worlds later.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
9
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

I honestly think it is VERY Important to do this street... First of all, it may be a side street, but it will affect you in the long run, like what if need more XP to get in to Celestia to meet the Level 48 Restriction, I myself skipped this street but came back to it on Marleybone, noticing how important side quests are. You should do this, it affects you later on! :) Besides, it's not too hard, and it's fun!

- Mason D. -Level 42 NecroMancer-


Why do you Say your level? it changes on and on? so i shal not say it and also ya dont tell novic Wizards not to do it They Sure have to if they want to level up and for fire wizards thats where i leved up acouple of times and also got my card of heck hound

-Johndragonspear
-School: Fire

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
17
I recommend you do it, because like it was stated, one of the smiths is there and the ice magic book. You can also get XP and get stronger. And where is the secret shop place? I never seemed to find it :(

~Sohpia MoonCloud, Level 24 Thaumaturge
~Rebecca SunBlossom, Level 3, Pryomancer(working on)