Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

malistaire darkmoor chest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
ok so i've just gone through the whole darkmoor thing and when i got to the end malistaire's chest was there. i was wondering what the drops are. thanks in advance.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's a "second chance" chest. You pay crowns for another chance to get the gear you're farming for.

The chest asks for crowns (an increasing number, the more often you use the chest). In return, each time you pay crowns you will get the equivalent in gear drops of having just defeated Malistaire all over again. So, using the chest three times (100+200+300=600 crowns) is like running that dungeon three more times. It's a time saver.

Be warned, however, of the law of diminishing returns. Each round of use costs more and more crowns. Worse, only the first couple of tries will provide another round of good drops. After that, the only thing that chest gives is the cheapest Darkmoor gear. The best results come from the first 2-3 tries, after that you're just wasting crowns.

Alia Misthaven