Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life or Balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2011
3
Hi. I have been playing as a life until lvl 12, when I decided i wanted to play a balance. I have been going back and forth and back and forth between my life and balance. I love life because of all the healing spells, and with death as your secondary, ( which i do ) you almost never die. Life also has one of my favorite spells, centaur. I love balance just because they are an all around player. I have also discovered recently that they are not ( suprisingly ) that boring to play. I wouldn't consider my self a beginner, since i have been playing since 2009, but i have never had a grandmaster, and i would like a balance or a life to be that grandmaster. I am starting to lean towards life though, but i wanted a user answer, from real players. If i want a reliable wizard that is going to take to avalon, which should i pick. P.S I am eleven, if anyone was wondering my age

James Lifeblade lvl 12 Thuergist
James Hexblade lvl 10 Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
18
I am a lvl 72 life (; and i think choose life! its powerful and you barely die. I solo allot of things cause i can heal myself. I barely need help and I'm in zafaria. soooo choose life!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
I am a lvl 75 balance wizard. Pick balance. So you say you love life because it has centaur, eh? Well, i say choose balance as your main school and if you love life that much have life as your secondary school. Dont do it life as your main school and balance as secondary because if you choose balance it can heal itself and other players. But if your favourite spell is centaur why not use training points to get it. That is my suggestion.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
207
DYLANBERGESON wrote:
I am a lvl 72 life (; and i think choose life! its powerful and you barely die. I solo allot of things cause i can heal myself. I barely need help and I'm in zafaria. soooo choose life!


Agreed. Being a Life wizard myself, I think you should choose it because of all it's amazing properties.

Life has a very particular talent in healing. They can heal themselves as well as they can heal other wizards. Balance is different. Balance is about skill and precision.
Balance focuses on shields and blades a lot. But they don't have the healing skills that Life does. Life is good for questing and dueling, and on the other hand, Balance is for PvP, they are great at it. Life seems to be the best choice for you, but you can decide!

I hope i helped! Miranda ThunderGem

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
38
I have both schools, and so far Life is the highest.He is on the last world of the Malistaire story, Dragonspyre.(He is stuck in the tower archives, a tall tower )

Survivor
May 15, 2011
3
Thanks for everyone's responses, this is just what i needed. I am going to go with life. I don't do PvP that much. another question. Is life still good for pvp? Now I think should start to focus more on school than wizard101, now that it is coming up soon. I don't want to make the same mistake that i made last year. Thank you everyone again for all your responses. See you in the spiral! :)

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
76
aditha12 wrote:
I am a lvl 75 balance wizard. Pick balance. So you say you love life because it has centaur, eh? Well, i say choose balance as your main school and if you love life that much have life as your secondary school. Dont do it life as your main school and balance as secondary because if you choose balance it can heal itself and other players. But if your favourite spell is centaur why not use training points to get it. That is my suggestion.

agreed balance has everything in it and it can use a spell that counts for storm fire ice(Hydra) or myth life death (Chimera) so just choose balance as main and life as secondary
Keelan Sunvault lvl 50 balance wizard

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
14
Well, I have two wizards now, a Balance wizard and a Life wizard, they both seem pretty cool, so I cant really decide, they both have good things, life can heal a lot and Balance has a bit of everything, so I cant choose for you, if I were you I would choose Balance, and earn training points and get the Centaur, Balance has cool spells too,( my favorite one is Judgement its almost like the Seraph) :) But its you who has to decide.

Brianna DawnBlood

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
105
StormShark3780 wrote:
Hi. I have been playing as a life until lvl 12, when I decided i wanted to play a balance. I have been going back and forth and back and forth between my life and balance. I love life because of all the healing spells, and with death as your secondary, ( which i do ) you almost never die. Life also has one of my favorite spells, centaur. I love balance just because they are an all around player. I have also discovered recently that they are not ( suprisingly ) that boring to play. I wouldn't consider my self a beginner, since i have been playing since 2009, but i have never had a grandmaster, and i would like a balance or a life to be that grandmaster. I am starting to lean towards life though, but i wanted a user answer, from real players. If i want a reliable wizard that is going to take to avalon, which should i pick. P.S I am eleven, if anyone was wondering my age

James Lifeblade lvl 12 Thuergist
James Hexblade lvl 10 Sorcerer

Choose balance they are great and very powerfull if you get the collosaul astarl spell line plus they can heal and attack in every other school with hydras chimeras and spectral blasts, i am an archmage sorcerer (Lvl 80) and just created a life not to long ago, and i dont regret a thing i am proud of my balance and glad i picked him so choose balance or life its up to you (spoken like a true sorcerer)
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
273
StormShark3780 wrote:
Hi. I have been playing as a life until lvl 12, when I decided i wanted to play a balance. I have been going back and forth and back and forth between my life and balance. I love life because of all the healing spells, and with death as your secondary, ( which i do ) you almost never die. Life also has one of my favorite spells, centaur. I love balance just because they are an all around player. I have also discovered recently that they are not ( suprisingly ) that boring to play. I wouldn't consider my self a beginner, since i have been playing since 2009, but i have never had a grandmaster, and i would like a balance or a life to be that grandmaster. I am starting to lean towards life though, but i wanted a user answer, from real players. If i want a reliable wizard that is going to take to avalon, which should i pick. P.S I am eleven, if anyone was wondering my age

James Lifeblade lvl 12 Thuergist
James Hexblade lvl 10 Sorcerer


Pick Balance. If you are picking Life because of an offensive spell, you are wasting your time.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
47
Pick life school they heal better and with death as your secondary your almost undefeatable Also you get the satyr pet at lvl 48, forest lord pet at lvl 58 and gnome pet at lvl 78! Personally i think that the forest lord pet is the most coolest pet!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get it

Matthew Lifefist Level 20 Life wizard

Survivor
May 07, 2011
18
StormShark3780 on Aug 10, 2012 wrote:
Thanks for everyone's responses, this is just what i needed. I am going to go with life. I don't do PvP that much. another question. Is life still good for pvp? Now I think should start to focus more on school than wizard101, now that it is coming up soon. I don't want to make the same mistake that i made last year. Thank you everyone again for all your responses. See you in the spiral! :)
If you ask me pick Life
Hmm Life good for pvp? Uh yeah if you don't mind getting targeted?
But if I pvp I always dye to a different color than green white.

~Christina DreamGem level 39 Life secondary Death.
Give a shout if you see me!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
47
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
10
Both are very good choices. Altho I see you've already made up your mind, I feel I have to say that your favored school is something you should choose for yourself. I have an unusual way of picking. Walk into both schools. Which feels more like home to you? Now that I think about it there is no real reason why you must choose between. Use both and play which ever you feel like at the time. Btw Balance is not at all boring. Now i'm wonding why anyone would think that.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
14
I'm a life wizard, myself and I'm on level 12, too. Here is a short clarification ...
Life: Excellent healing/defenses

Balance: Plentiful cards

What do I like?: Life

Why: You can always buy more cards from booster packs, or earn some from missions. However, you can't get better healing and defenses for balance.

I'm life 100% of the way!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
21
StormShark3780 on Aug 9, 2012 wrote:
Hi. I have been playing as a life until lvl 12, when I decided i wanted to play a balance. I have been going back and forth and back and forth between my life and balance. I love life because of all the healing spells, and with death as your secondary, ( which i do ) you almost never die. Life also has one of my favorite spells, centaur. I love balance just because they are an all around player. I have also discovered recently that they are not ( suprisingly ) that boring to play. I wouldn't consider my self a beginner, since i have been playing since 2009, but i have never had a grandmaster, and i would like a balance or a life to be that grandmaster. I am starting to lean towards life though, but i wanted a user answer, from real players. If i want a reliable wizard that is going to take to avalon, which should i pick. P.S I am eleven, if anyone was wondering my age

James Lifeblade lvl 12 Thuergist
James Hexblade lvl 10 Sorcerer
Why not just create a player with life as 1st school, and balance as 2nd.
I personally would prefer life over balance though.

~Madeline Summer, Master Necromancer

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
83
i am a lvl 72 balance and i have almost no trouble with anything. balance can attack, heal, sheild, power up, and weaken. with life all it has is healing and some attack spells. i say choose balance.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
25
Life is the best school as far as I have discovered. I've made it the farthest with my Life wizard(Level 51 and counting!). I've tried almost every school. I'd definetely pick life.

And life is definetely good in PVP. But, you do get targeted ALOT. Especially if you are a high level wizard. Also, in PVP, you have to watch your deck, especially when going in with a team. If you don't have any 'heal all' spells, your team sometimes gets mad at you (in my experience anyways, because then you have to pick and choose who to heal). Build your deck around what you're doing. It doesn't have to stay the same. I change mine alot, even if I'm battling street creatures.

Choose Life!!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
66
StormShark3780 on Aug 9, 2012 wrote:
Hi. I have been playing as a life until lvl 12, when I decided i wanted to play a balance. I have been going back and forth and back and forth between my life and balance. I love life because of all the healing spells, and with death as your secondary, ( which i do ) you almost never die. Life also has one of my favorite spells, centaur. I love balance just because they are an all around player. I have also discovered recently that they are not ( suprisingly ) that boring to play. I wouldn't consider my self a beginner, since i have been playing since 2009, but i have never had a grandmaster, and i would like a balance or a life to be that grandmaster. I am starting to lean towards life though, but i wanted a user answer, from real players. If i want a reliable wizard that is going to take to avalon, which should i pick. P.S I am eleven, if anyone was wondering my age

James Lifeblade lvl 12 Thuergist
James Hexblade lvl 10 Sorcerer
Life, balance is more for boosting attacks rather then living.