Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leveling up with new addition to game

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have several wizards that have never been to Grizzelhime {spelling} and I have several that have never been to the addition of it. The Ice world.
With these wizards getting all the xp from all the places others played and didnt get the xp because of no leveling bar at that time, I am seeing my wizards reach level 66 and higher before they even enter Zafaria. So lets take a wizard starting out Today new. He will get the entire xp benefit from Wizard city all way through the game to Zafaria. I am really wondering what levels he is able to reach before he even enters Zafaria? We all Know the higher levels brings a stronger wizard. If you are starting a new wizard, take advantage of every quest you can find. It will pay off in the end.
I wanted to also say something about life wizards here. If you have a life wizard I will ask you this one question, What purpose was life intended for in the game? "Healing" He was not originally a fighter. I have my life wizards set up to heal first and fight second. Life is a safety net, when you call him for help he can maybe do two things, Heal you keep you in the fight or maybe finish the fight for you. When someone calls my life for help, I look to heal first, and fight second. I never go with a group expecting to fight unless there is two healers. Someone has to keep us in the fight.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally I tend to bounce around with my new wizards, I did take advantage of Crab Alley for additional experience and gear to sell to be able to buy better gear, I do all of Wizard City before I head to Krock land, there I do all the quests and side quests but that one dungeon offered toward the end. I do try to do a few quests at a time at Grizzlehiem so I can get to the Jotun fight by level 40 only because I am going to want to go to Wintertusk around level 55 and do the main story line to my pet quest there so by level 55 I need to have done Jotun and Ravenscar, Grizzlehiem is the only world where experience is not there and drops aren't all that either so you are only fighting to get it over with. Westeria really threw me, I liked doing that world and it didn't seem like it took to long to complete, I wish it was longer and again you gain some experience and gear so a better level for MarleyBone which I do all quests at accept Kennsington dungeon, I do all the quests at Mooshu and really like that world and all in DragonSprye, it gets spotty at Celestia when I am gearing up now for Zafaria which now that I am almost all they way though with one wizard am starting to feel it can wait and may do all the quests in Celestia.

As for being a Life wizard, it was the first wizard I made and I played it until Legendary before I made another school wizard, I feel then and now that I did not make my wizard for the benefit of others in the game to use. There are no rules that state just because you choose to become Life you are the game helper accept for maybe WaterWorks but that is mainly because I despise that dungeon and it is much easier for me to second seat it by just providing health spells, accept when another says throw Forest Lord now, after an entire game of not playing life support it was tough to figure that routine out, other wise all my friends on my list that I help and I have helped tons, know I am a fighter, I have soloed much of the game which was why I chose life in the first place and am used to the set up and kill, in group or alone I am not taking back seat to no fight, lets face it if I were to help life only and let the fight drag on how would I really have time for any of my own quests, so far no one has taken me off their list because they think I am a bad life wizard, most like the idea that I am going to come in and get that monster out of their face?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
brwac wrote:

As for being a Life wizard, it was the first wizard I made and I played it until Legendary before I made another school wizard, I feel then and now that I did not make my wizard for the benefit of others in the game to use. There are no rules that state just because you choose to become

Thank you! I'm really tired of people assuming that you're there to save them. Everyone is given one healing spell, and should use it. Others are available to train or in treasure cards. My life wizard is there to fight, just like everyone else. If we're only there to heal, why bother with fighting spells?