Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Mount Olympus too hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
Mount Olympus is kinda hard. I really suggest though that you do bring a couple of people with you otherwise you will die. I think it is a good idea that you bring a person with you so that they can heal you. When I went I went with 3 other people and I did die but the person healed me. I don't think that you should be too worried about not defeating Mount Olympus but i suggest you bring a couple of friends. You will have to face Zeus though and he is pretty hard to defeat but i suggest that if you are not a pretty high level or you do not have high level people go with you i don't suggest that you go in the dungeon. Remember a dungeon is where if you go in and come out you lose all your progress. You will also have to have crowns with you to go in because it takes crowns to go in. Just make sure you do all that above and you'll be good.

I'm a level 31 marissa willowhunter

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
mount olympus is way to hard. I got the quest at level 15.i haven't batteled anyone there since level 15.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
I got the quest at level 15 and it is way to hard.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I Haven't met many level 30's that have had a hard time in this dungeon. Its the minority it seems. This is a scaled down version of high level challenge dungeons and is meant to be a challenge to wizards who are on level and a bit over with it.

What works best is an Ice with resistance (Around 15-30, Closer to 30 if you can) A full attack damage storm and a life. If you go in solid damage, you will lose.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
I did it it and it was a little hard for me I was a level 47 at the time and it was still a little hard. I needed a friend to help. I especially needed help on Ares. Since I am fire and he cheats that would be hard without a friend. I personally think this dungeon is impossible for a level 30 to solo. You need a friend to help.

Andrew WaterCrafter- Level 48

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
The Team I used was:

lvl:30 (me) well i am lvl 37 now
lvl:70Brandon
lvl48Seth
lvl32Connor good luck to you guys
WORK TOGETHER!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AWMB on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
mount olympus is way to hard. I got the quest at level 15.i haven't batteled anyone there since level 15.
Interesting, because all of Aquila is for level 30 and up.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Mount_Olympus

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
AWMB on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Cool! D:
Mostly because you only get to go to Mount Olympus when you are level 30+.
Yes, a level 15 entering a level 30 area, yes how amazing. -_-

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 36 theurgist

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I have tried time and time again to go through that dungeon by myself, but it simply won't do! I would recommend bringing some buddies to help you out. Also, try to bring a variety of elements; there are quite a few in this dungeon.

(Believe me, it took me a while to register the fact that I need more people than just myself to make it through. It's possible as long as you use the buddy system!)

Happy dungeon-crawling!

-Kelsey Spritecatcher, level 52 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
This dungeon honestly irritates me because I'm a lvl 42 and I can't even beat him solo, or with 2 friends , one who was lvl 52 and a lvl 86 . We can never seem to get past the battle right before you face Zeus for some reason.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
YES! Even though I tried it once, here is what happened:

I brought a death guy with me, about same lvl. He is lvl 34 or 35, and I was lvl 34 (I'm 35 now )
We made it through the first battle, but he had to use sacrifice on me.
We made it through the second battle, both still alive.
On the puzzle, he was trying it and of course I screwed it up!
We both died that battle and came back.
The puzzle was GONE and we got stuck!

-G.G. 35

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
None of the Aquila dungeons were designed to be solo tasks or to be easy. It's meant to be a challenge for a PARTY of level 30+ wizards. I personally thought it was extremely easy. I took my son through it several times when it came out. He never died and he was only level 15-20 balance at the time. Yes he had a high level storm with him, but for most battles I actually supported him and let him have the big boss kills. It's one of the more fun dungeons that high and low levels can share.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
CamelTamer on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
When i leveled up to level 30, i got a quest from cyrus drake to go to aquila. so, obviousdly i wanted to check it out. I got there, and stepped on the sigil for mount olympus. No one would help me, so i just went by myself. But the first boss i battled there had over 4000 health!! I mean, for a wizard who just defeated malistaire, no problemo, right? But for level 30 wizards, you'll probably be dead in no time flat. Now i dont know if i was supposed to bring friends or something, but did anyone have this same problem?
i had the same problem and dies on the third boss so all i did was go to the commons on a realm with allot of people and asked them if they help me and they did so try that

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Funny story- when Molly was a 79 she couldn't defeat the first boss.

Just take it down a notch, KI, and it'll be great. You should see my dungeon, I have to defeat some even harder bosses (I'm on the second one...)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
thanks for all the help and replies, guys!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
I did it solo on my wizard and it was easy as pie, then again i was level 95 sooo ya. But i would say go with this group or i call these dream teams the best schools to do dungeons with. And if you want just wait till you level 40-50 and you should be able to do it solo

Wolf Firestone Level 95
Wolf Stormshard Level 9

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I was able to solo Mount Olympus using my Level 51 . Balance wizards are at an advantage here because there are no Balance mobs on the way to Zeus Sky Father.
I have a Level 37 and I will not be attempting to do Mount Olympus alone in this character unless I have an attack all spell. But even then, it would still be difficult to solo Mount Olympus.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
For one lvl 30 yes but for 3 lvl 30's no

The ideal team for this dungeon is to have a life wizard, a balance wizard, and a myth

The life wizard will heal others and try to ward others with Spirit Armor. The balance wizard is well balanced! You simply have to play your cards right with that wizard but if you do, the battle will be won. The myth wizard summons cannon fodder to distract the enemy plus it does its own spells which can be beneficial to your side of the battle

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
CamelTamer on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
When i leveled up to level 30, i got a quest from cyrus drake to go to aquila. so, obviousdly i wanted to check it out. I got there, and stepped on the sigil for mount olympus. No one would help me, so i just went by myself. But the first boss i battled there had over 4000 health!! I mean, for a wizard who just defeated malistaire, no problemo, right? But for level 30 wizards, you'll probably be dead in no time flat. Now i dont know if i was supposed to bring friends or something, but did anyone have this same problem?
When i first did Mt. Oylmpus, I soloed it and beat it(I was lvl 30). But I used lots (and I mean lots) of henchman.

AntonioFiremender lvl46 fire

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Strategy for Mount Olympus
Using this strategy, I was able to solo Mount Olympus on a level 39 Necromancer.

Apollo: I used a standard boss deck. I targeted the Cyclops first using a few blades and a feint. Afterwards I built up a one hit kill on the boss. Beware Apollo's Luminous Weaver and Natural Attack. Both put a damper in a good plan. Also know the minion stuns.

Crescent Moon Centaur: Since both enemies have Death resist, I had to prism. After that a bladed and feinted like I would against a normal mob. This fight is pretty easy, but Necromancers may struggle a bit more.

Praetorian Guard: For soloers this is one of the hardest fights. 4v1 is quite hard and withstanding 4 hits a turn is quite hard. I used blades and then used a scarecrow treasure. Whether going solo or in a group use aoe's.

Ares and Zeus are pretty similar in strategy. I had to work harder against the minion. Ares's is death so I had to prism and feint. The minotaur uses tower shield really early on himself or Zeus, so that may be a challenge. Just be ready to take a hit against Ares. His natural hurts (badly). Just don't cast stuff above six pips and Zeus is easy as well.

Good Luck

Luke Icehunter
Level 90

Luke Death
Level 41

Samuel
Level 42