Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with choosing second skill.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
1
I have a char that is Life, any suggestions on what I should use as a secondary skill?

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
I'd choose Storm, if you don't like that Storm fizzles the most then I would choose Fire. But it's your choice really.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Kitiara65 wrote:
I have a char that is Life, any suggestions on what I should use as a secondary skill?

I would really suggest death as they match up very well together. Up to about level 26 you are not producing enough power pips to make a real difference and at the lower level it is nice to have alternate attacks (ghoul and vampire). At level 20 you get spirit trap and level 25 spirit blade. If you use these in addition to school blade/traps you will have 'extra' death and myth boosts, nice for a vampire or a troll/cyclopes from a pendant. And at level 26 you get feint. It will boost all your damage, and as a healer you can suck up the small boost it gives against yourself. As Life you don't get a real heavy hitter until lvl 33, having a skeletal pirate when needed until then is also a good thing.

Now, this plays into my play style, high casting %, good damage, that can be boosted (I usually go for the one shot kill via boosting). Some will like Storm as a heavy hitter, and this is also good with an accuracy boost you will get in Krok.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
18
I remember when i had the same problem. To tell you since you are life you already have weak attacks so you should work up to feint for death and after you can work on anything you want. But if you want to make your attacks stronger use your training points from the zeke quest to get spirit trap and whatever the head thing is called. again after feint so you have some defence work for tower shield from the ice school. So i hoped this help but if this doesn't help go for anything you want.

Sincerely,
Zachary LightMender
Lvl 47 Balance

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
16
Id say death or balance Because death is the opposite of Life and balance shields a lot and boosts a lot.


Justin Spellrider level 31 death

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
I say storm because my life is secondary storm and I like it! It does good damage. I love storm and balance the most because they good at pvp.

Other schools that are good at pvp have balance or storm friends.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
Take Death up to Feint (Feint is a trap that does +70% damage to the victim, but it also puts a +30% trap on yourself, so time it wisely). With the Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap from Niles the Balance Tree (they are the Life/Myth/Death blades and traps) you would be able to use two of the blades and traps to boost your damage from your Life and Death attacks. Then go Ice in order to get the Fire/Storm shields to protect yourself from the two strongest elemental damage types. I would suggest continueing(sp?) on Ice to get the Tower Shield. The Tower Shield is a 50% shield against ANY attack.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Preacher7719 wrote:
Take Death up to Feint (Feint is a trap that does +70% damage to the victim, but it also puts a +30% trap on yourself, so time it wisely). With the Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap from Niles the Balance Tree (they are the Life/Myth/Death blades and traps) you would be able to use two of the blades and traps to boost your damage from your Life and Death attacks. Then go Ice in order to get the Fire/Storm shields to protect yourself from the two strongest elemental damage types. I would suggest continueing(sp?) on Ice to get the Tower Shield. The Tower Shield is a 50% shield against ANY attack.

>Very good suggestion, also in addition you get 'Ghoul' when you are still without power pips, which helps a grest deal in the first two worlds, and 'Vampire' when you have only modest Power Pip %. Both are very usable in the early game.
>>I like having an 'Amulet of the Eyes' or other myth Amulet after you buy 'Spirit Blade' as you can use the 'free' myth boosting blade...

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
104j wrote:
Id say death or balance Because death is the opposite of Life and balance shields a lot and boosts a lot.


Justin Spellrider level 31 death


I just want to point out that you are wrong. Balance Blade, Bladestorm and Hex are exclusive to the Balance school and so are their shields (i.e., you have to have Balance as primary school to get them).

The spirit and elemental blades and traps from Niles can be learned from anyone.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
4
Kitiara65 wrote:
I have a char that is Life, any suggestions on what I should use as a secondary skill?


I'm a level 42 life and I've chosen many different schools but the one thats the best is myth :)

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
24
I would death because if you fight a life, it would have a lot of resist on life spells. But if you use a death spell it would have a boost for the damage done.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
24
The best would be death because if you fight a life enemy, and you use a life spell, it would have a lot of resist. But if you have a death spell on a life enemy, it would have a boost from the damage done. :-)

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
bigmac101 wrote:
The best would be death because if you fight a life enemy, and you use a life spell, it would have a lot of resist. But if you have a death spell on a life enemy, it would have a boost from the damage done. :-)


That is a terrible reasoning for choosing secondary schools.

Each school (except for Balance) gets a free Prism card. A prism card, when cast on a target, much like a trap is done, converts your primary school's damage to the opposing school's damage, i.e., Life attack gets converted to death damage.

This will allow you to keep using your school's attack cards, which can take advantage of those power pips, blades and traps you have, while converting the school's damage to the opposing school damage type, thereby bypassing his resistance and getting that boost to your damage. It is pointless to wait 4 rounds in order to cast Vampire, when you can easily cast your Seraph sooner if you get any power pips.

The way to use your Prism is to cast it BEFORE the target puts up a shield, i.e. Life target puts up a Death shield, and BEFORE you put down your school's traps (once the damage is converted, it will not trigger the trap).

The trick I use with Prisms is to buy them at the bazaar (usually 10 to 20 at a time) and FILL my sideboard with them (where you put your treasure cards, as the prisms you buy at the bazaar are treasure cards). The way, instead of relying on dealer to give you a prism in your hand, I can ALWAYS get a prism whenever I need to use one.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
126
I'd choose Death(I have chose Death...being a life student and all). There may be sacrifices but you get to study in the opposet of you house school. It works for me because it also has healing spells too(vampire,nightshade/nightside)

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
95
My Life/Death got lvl 21 in like, 3 days XD.........Here's what I would do with that: When I wanted to PvP, I would put on my black and light blue clothes; to look like I was Death, and have Death Trap and Death Blade treasure cards..So I'm at the battle; A Trap here, A Blade there; BOOM! Dead person on our side, only then, did I start healing. XD
Hope this helps!
-Emma MoonHunter
Lvl 43 Ice Goddess
And......
The reincardnation(???) of my old Lifey......
Hannah DarkRiver(theateam4; whom you'll never see on here)
Lvl 6(almost7) Life app.
And her app.(kinda)
FORGOT HER NAME!! DARN! (theateam, might see her someday)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
22
sorry again! this is the third topic i am posting this in because i didnt see this topic beforehand. anyways, can someone PLEASE tell me how i actually and when i choose my second school? i am level 23 and still do not know. weird. i really want storm. but i just dont get on when you get to choose and how you find out. thanks! :)

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
bloodforyou wrote:
sorry again! this is the third topic i am posting this in because i didnt see this topic beforehand. anyways, can someone PLEASE tell me how i actually and when i choose my second school? i am level 23 and still do not know. weird. i really want storm. but i just dont get on when you get to choose and how you find out. thanks! :)


Are you telling me that you have not used a single one of your training points yet?!?!