Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades: Ultimate Hoarder

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
I know this has been posted time and time again but something simply must be done.
Hades' drops are too low, and the dungeon takes around 2 hours a time. I really do not feel like grinding day after day for some gear. But I need this gear for my storm wizard.
Please Kingsisle, raise the drops.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
I know this has been posted time and time again but something simply must be done.
Hades' drops are too low, and the dungeon takes around 2 hours a time. I really do not feel like grinding day after day for some gear. But I need this gear for my storm wizard.
Please Kingsisle, raise the drops.
I call it "gear held hostage". What is the harm in more having this gear? Is KI afraid more will progress in upper worlds? The game play will be to easy for too many? Maybe they like the lower number of wizards in Avalon and up? I guess it's more fun to see a bunch of wizards running around ill equipped so those who do manage to score this stuff can complain about that? Do they realize many don't even have the time or way to run this in the first place so many will never get it? The have and have not divide in this game really makes me sad.

Altho I don't farm for gear any more because my luck is so bad it's just an annoying waste of my game time, I believe if it is required to have a more pleasant game experience why should it be so difficult to get? Normal questing should drop more gear worth having. My farming career ended after running WW 35 times for my Life then Death gear, it was absolutely no fun running that over an over again, 29 times for nothing.

Truly there is a big hole in gear availability in this game. You go from being able to equip from the Bazaar to good luck with getting any thing worth the bother now.

Keep raking these coals wizard maybe someone will listen.

Mary

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
I disagree. The more available you make "epic" gear,the less epic it becomes. Also, if you are taaking 2 hours to do that dungeon, then you are doing it incredibly wrong. It takes my girlfriend and myself about 45 mins. to 1 hour to do it. A full group of players who think ahead,can do it even faster. Strategy is the key.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
Intrepidatius on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
I disagree. The more available you make "epic" gear,the less epic it becomes. Also, if you are taaking 2 hours to do that dungeon, then you are doing it incredibly wrong. It takes my girlfriend and myself about 45 mins. to 1 hour to do it. A full group of players who think ahead,can do it even faster. Strategy is the key.
This was posted at my third time trying.
I can now beat it in a maximum of 50 minutes with a farming team I have.
Although, it can still be "Epic" gear without having the player run through 40 times.
I do not want to waste so much time into this game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
This was posted at my third time trying.
I can now beat it in a maximum of 50 minutes with a farming team I have.
Although, it can still be "Epic" gear without having the player run through 40 times.
I do not want to waste so much time into this game.
If you don't want to spend the time and consider it a waste, the solution is simple. DON'T!
KI shouldn't make it easier just because you don't want to be bothered spending the effort to get it. You clearly don't "need it" like your first post claims or you wouldn't consider it a waste.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
seethe42 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
If you don't want to spend the time and consider it a waste, the solution is simple. DON'T!
KI shouldn't make it easier just because you don't want to be bothered spending the effort to get it. You clearly don't "need it" like your first post claims or you wouldn't consider it a waste.
I would consider it a waste of time because I have other things to do in life than farm all day for something on a game.
Yes, my wizard does need it, just like any other would, to make it easier to progress through worlds. It's isn't that I don't want to spend the effort because trust me, i have. Some people don't have so much time like how you obviously do, and I am ot the only one that feels this way.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
I would consider it a waste of time because I have other things to do in life than farm all day for something on a game.
Yes, my wizard does need it, just like any other would, to make it easier to progress through worlds. It's isn't that I don't want to spend the effort because trust me, i have. Some people don't have so much time like how you obviously do, and I am ot the only one that feels this way.
Just like you stated, it makes it easier to progress. It is NOT required to progress in the game. As for willing to put in the effort, you said it yourself not me. You said you were in here posting after only 3 tries, others post after only 1, that's not exactly putting in any effort. Yes you are not the only one who feels this way. You would also find a lot of people who want free perfect pets that require no training for everyone too, that doesn't make it any more right. There are some rewards for players who put a little extra time and effort into the game. Giving those same rewards to everyone without effort by default makes them NOT a reward anymore.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
seethe42 on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Just like you stated, it makes it easier to progress. It is NOT required to progress in the game. As for willing to put in the effort, you said it yourself not me. You said you were in here posting after only 3 tries, others post after only 1, that's not exactly putting in any effort. Yes you are not the only one who feels this way. You would also find a lot of people who want free perfect pets that require no training for everyone too, that doesn't make it any more right. There are some rewards for players who put a little extra time and effort into the game. Giving those same rewards to everyone without effort by default makes them NOT a reward anymore.
I have come after my fifteenth try not one piece of Blackthunder gear.
Am I still not trying? What is trying? 100 times? 200?
I simply don't have the time. So, yes, I think this is a bit ridiculous.
"A little extra time and effort"
It isn't the effort, it is the time. The dungeon is easy but it gets boring and takes too much time.
So I am sorry you feel it should be harder for everyone.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
11
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I have come after my fifteenth try not one piece of Blackthunder gear.
Am I still not trying? What is trying? 100 times? 200?
I simply don't have the time. So, yes, I think this is a bit ridiculous.
"A little extra time and effort"
It isn't the effort, it is the time. The dungeon is easy but it gets boring and takes too much time.
So I am sorry you feel it should be harder for everyone.
15th try? You were expecting a good gear after your 15th try? To experienced and frustrated Tartarus farmers, your statement is honestly funny.

In my current collection of Tartarus gears, I have;

Unknown helm and boots, but not the robe.
Several Hades helm and boots, but still not the robe.
Poseidon helm and robe, missing the boots.
Zeus complete set.
Hades darkness trekkers.
Hades/Poseidon/Zeus Wands, plenty of them.
Several! and I mean SEVERAL! Senator gears (all immediately sold after I get them).
And plenty of other high to mid-level clothing sets that I will rarely use.
Only reason I still farm is for the exalted amulets and Divine amulet.

Sounds impressive does it not? However, it took me excruciatingly long to get these gears. I have been farming since the first day, mainly due to the fact I had a year long subscription and had finished all necessary quests and needed to do something in the game. I do not count how many times I have farmed, but to say anywhere between 250-300 times (perhaps more) would not be a stretch.
I got my first unknown gear (boots) just a couple of months ago and got the helm a couple of weeks after that. It was the gear I wanted most.

I actually agree with the unfairness of the drops, but not everything in life is fair and so is this dungeon. I may actually be angry if KI suddenly changed the drops now after all the time I wasted on acquiring my gears and I assume I would not be the only one. Would not be fair to us veterans of this ridiculous farming dungeon.

I suggest laying of the dungeon if you get frustrated easily, because that is all it will do is to frustrate you. Take it from someone who has been there.

Logan Blueflame - Promethean

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I have come after my fifteenth try not one piece of Blackthunder gear.
Am I still not trying? What is trying? 100 times? 200?
I simply don't have the time. So, yes, I think this is a bit ridiculous.
"A little extra time and effort"
It isn't the effort, it is the time. The dungeon is easy but it gets boring and takes too much time.
So I am sorry you feel it should be harder for everyone.
15 times really isn't that many. There are dozens of different drop items so it's no surprise that you haven't yet gotten the one you want. I never said that I feel it should be harder for anyone. I'm perfectly content the way it is. Of course I would like to get certain drops that I haven't gotten yet. That's the whole reason to go back. If I had gotten everything by the third run like you seem to want, there'd be nothing left in the game to acheive.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
Logan Blueflame on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
15th try? You were expecting a good gear after your 15th try? To experienced and frustrated Tartarus farmers, your statement is honestly funny.

In my current collection of Tartarus gears, I have;

Unknown helm and boots, but not the robe.
Several Hades helm and boots, but still not the robe.
Poseidon helm and robe, missing the boots.
Zeus complete set.
Hades darkness trekkers.
Hades/Poseidon/Zeus Wands, plenty of them.
Several! and I mean SEVERAL! Senator gears (all immediately sold after I get them).
And plenty of other high to mid-level clothing sets that I will rarely use.
Only reason I still farm is for the exalted amulets and Divine amulet.

Sounds impressive does it not? However, it took me excruciatingly long to get these gears. I have been farming since the first day, mainly due to the fact I had a year long subscription and had finished all necessary quests and needed to do something in the game. I do not count how many times I have farmed, but to say anywhere between 250-300 times (perhaps more) would not be a stretch.
I got my first unknown gear (boots) just a couple of months ago and got the helm a couple of weeks after that. It was the gear I wanted most.

I actually agree with the unfairness of the drops, but not everything in life is fair and so is this dungeon. I may actually be angry if KI suddenly changed the drops now after all the time I wasted on acquiring my gears and I assume I would not be the only one. Would not be fair to us veterans of this ridiculous farming dungeon.

I suggest laying of the dungeon if you get frustrated easily, because that is all it will do is to frustrate you. Take it from someone who has been there.

Logan Blueflame - Promethean
250-300 times?
I am sorry but I might as well just give up now cause there is no way I will do that. That is ridiculous. This game is meant for families and casual players. I most definitely do not want to spend literally days of expanse just in Tartarus. Especially when sooner or later I will have to upgrade again.
Good for you that you have that incredible amount of time but I and many others simply do not, and I believe this game was never meant for such expansive playing periods. I like to maybe get through an area or so in my free time, maybe do a couple dungeons.
I also, do not want everything the third time trying but I personally think 15 to 20 times max should be enough. not 300 times. For most groups this dungeon takes thirty minutes to an hour. With this math the approximate time to get gear so far is...

Ten to twelve days STRAIGHT.

If you do not understand this, that means that just for ONE set of gear, you have literally spent a total of ten to twelve days farming Tartarus alone. I am sorry, but this is absolutely crazy and just cannot be how the game goes on. That's nearly 2 weeks out of your life on just one dungeon, on one game.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
11
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
250-300 times?
I am sorry but I might as well just give up now cause there is no way I will do that. That is ridiculous. This game is meant for families and casual players. I most definitely do not want to spend literally days of expanse just in Tartarus. Especially when sooner or later I will have to upgrade again.
Good for you that you have that incredible amount of time but I and many others simply do not, and I believe this game was never meant for such expansive playing periods. I like to maybe get through an area or so in my free time, maybe do a couple dungeons.
I also, do not want everything the third time trying but I personally think 15 to 20 times max should be enough. not 300 times. For most groups this dungeon takes thirty minutes to an hour. With this math the approximate time to get gear so far is...

Ten to twelve days STRAIGHT.

If you do not understand this, that means that just for ONE set of gear, you have literally spent a total of ten to twelve days farming Tartarus alone. I am sorry, but this is absolutely crazy and just cannot be how the game goes on. That's nearly 2 weeks out of your life on just one dungeon, on one game.
I am not saying the you should spend nearly the same amount of time as I did. I even suggested on my last paragraph that if you haven't the patience, that you should lay off the dungeon. I explained to you how long it took to get legitimate gears, because you began complaining after your 15th try. Re-read again. I never implied that you spend ridiculous time on the game. Was pointing out a fact.

And yes I must have done that dungeon close to that amount. However, I got use to it and for the most part, when I farm, I open another window on my computer and did other things and work online while playing at the same time. So I multi-tasked during play and did not felt it got in the way of my normal computer routine. I work part-time on the computer at home for my job. So it became a normal routine since the inception of the dungeon. I understand, this is not the norm for everyone, but my point on my original response to your rant was your complaint of not receiving anything of worth after your 15th try and nothing further. Besides, I have the luxury of friends on my list who are familiar with the dungeon, thus the time to finish is pleasantly fast. Fastest I remember timing was just over 21 minutes. But that takes sustained teamwork.

Simply put. I explained the probability of receiving legitimate items and the amount of tries it required. I suggested that if you are unable to agree with that probability, then I suggest to avoid the dungeon as it will frustrate you. I never suggested you copy what I did. You just my have to live playing without the gears or continue and deal with it. Your choice.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
1
Kingsile really really really needs to increase the drop rate of the hades drop, in the dungeon Tartarus. I have been doing this dungeon for over for 2 months now, and have kept on getting useless senator gear. It ok if i dont get anything the first or second or third time, but more than that, is just plain unfair to me.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
13
I think that most people simply do not understand this gear or it's purpose. The OP stated that " I need this gear to help me progress through worlds". Having aquired all of this gear for 5 seperate wizards as well as helping to put together a guide on the stats of all of the available gear in Tartarus. This does not by any means make me an expert in any way. It does however mean that I have used and studied this gear in nearly every combination.

First what is Hades gear? There are 4 different sets of gear. Hades offers 2 very different sets, one having some resist ( compairable to waterworks) while the other offers zero resist with a large bump in critical. Then both Posiedon and Zeus offer their sets which can be mixed and matched for specific stat boosts. The one constant to this gear is that your critical and pierce go up while your damage, resist accuracy and block go down.

What we know for sure is that in higher levels ( Avalon and beyond) boss' are capable of achieving more critical and block than our wizards can in most cases. To suggest utilizing higher critical and piercing while giving up nearly every other stat helps you to quest is simply not true.

You would be far better off with a mix of crafted and waterworks gear to obtain good block, resist, accuracy and superior damage while questing. This gear is targeted to address the wrongs in the pvp arena created by Jade tanks as well as over powered resists that certain schools had gained to others.

The one piece of gear that I do agree needs to be addressed is the Amulet of Divine Influence. This item as oppossed to the other gear certainly will give one person an advantage over another. While all are free to attempt to gain it. You may try 1000 times and never get it while another may recieve it and it's unfair advantage on their first attempt.