Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Well today i went to farm hades like any other time hoping to get the gear. But at the end of the battle when I colected my rewards here's what i got:Treasure Card-Furnace. Thats all I was really mad and when i fought him again all I got was a senator's robe so I just quit. I know Hades has a low drop rate but really a treasure card and senator robe i'm really annoyed now.

-Hunter Blue Flame Promethean

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Fire on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Well today i went to farm hades like any other time hoping to get the gear. But at the end of the battle when I colected my rewards here's what i got:Treasure Card-Furnace. Thats all I was really mad and when i fought him again all I got was a senator's robe so I just quit. I know Hades has a low drop rate but really a treasure card and senator robe i'm really annoyed now.

-Hunter Blue Flame Promethean
This does seem to be a usual out come for this event. Many have stated the fact that they are coming away empty handed or with things available in the lower instances, more of an insult then worth. Clearly a lot of wizards have a lot more time on this game then I do, lol. It's the thrill of victory but maybe more agony of defeat.

I think it's possible these dungeons are for people who are waiting for new world content so if the drop rate were raised more we be chomping at the bit for K Part 2? This way those who like to farm for gear are kept occupied.

My only gripe would be, if I did farm, would be if the drop rate is going to be so low, lower the difficulty of the instance so repeating it, say, 150 wasn't such a time pit. I really don't like a carrot dangled in from of me to chase and I am not a dog that needs to be thrown a bone for repeating something over and over again - ugh.

Just my thoughts on this. JSYK - I have a little menu chat turned text chat on my list that I literally helped from DS into K and he got the gear with in a week farming a few times here and there - go figure.

In the end now that KI clearly is gearing more toward the older gamer, not really kids any more, they are going to now have to deal with adults that aren't really falling for the farming routine and don't have the time to invest that is required if you do have to repeat these things many times?

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Northlite on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
This does seem to be a usual out come for this event. Many have stated the fact that they are coming away empty handed or with things available in the lower instances, more of an insult then worth. Clearly a lot of wizards have a lot more time on this game then I do, lol. It's the thrill of victory but maybe more agony of defeat.

I think it's possible these dungeons are for people who are waiting for new world content so if the drop rate were raised more we be chomping at the bit for K Part 2? This way those who like to farm for gear are kept occupied.

My only gripe would be, if I did farm, would be if the drop rate is going to be so low, lower the difficulty of the instance so repeating it, say, 150 wasn't such a time pit. I really don't like a carrot dangled in from of me to chase and I am not a dog that needs to be thrown a bone for repeating something over and over again - ugh.

Just my thoughts on this. JSYK - I have a little menu chat turned text chat on my list that I literally helped from DS into K and he got the gear with in a week farming a few times here and there - go figure.

In the end now that KI clearly is gearing more toward the older gamer, not really kids any more, they are going to now have to deal with adults that aren't really falling for the farming routine and don't have the time to invest that is required if you do have to repeat these things many times?

Mary
I agree with everything you said, Mary. I was in there tonight and got only a handful of low-rank pet snacks. Not even megas. That, as far as I'm concerned, is an insult to us and our time.

To add to it: they're not just targeting adults~ they are targeting hardcore/professionals, people who have hours upon hours to waste in order to get the items, and the casual set is being phased out. They have seen that the other "family" games are failing and, thus, are trying to get in with the uber-gamers in order to secure a fiscal future.

I am an adult. I already have a full-time job, and I don't need another one. This game used to be fun, a way to unwind after a crappy day at work, but it's become exactly that: work. If they're going to make the gear that hard to get, why put it there at all?

Everyone's patience has its limits. Mine has been stretched to that point and beyond~ it's like I'm a cat, and KI is the baby pulling my fur and tail just because they can. I mean, why not? They've always gotten away with it before... But there comes a time in every cat's life when she grows tired of the teasing and someone gets bitten. And, if enough of us bite back, they will (hopefully) wake up and start listening to their community.

I really want to love this game. But I have already found its replacements and, if this silliness doesn't change by the time my subs are up in October, then I am done.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
I agree with everything you said, Mary. I was in there tonight and got only a handful of low-rank pet snacks. Not even megas. That, as far as I'm concerned, is an insult to us and our time.

To add to it: they're not just targeting adults~ they are targeting hardcore/professionals, people who have hours upon hours to waste in order to get the items, and the casual set is being phased out. They have seen that the other "family" games are failing and, thus, are trying to get in with the uber-gamers in order to secure a fiscal future.

I am an adult. I already have a full-time job, and I don't need another one. This game used to be fun, a way to unwind after a crappy day at work, but it's become exactly that: work. If they're going to make the gear that hard to get, why put it there at all?

Everyone's patience has its limits. Mine has been stretched to that point and beyond~ it's like I'm a cat, and KI is the baby pulling my fur and tail just because they can. I mean, why not? They've always gotten away with it before... But there comes a time in every cat's life when she grows tired of the teasing and someone gets bitten. And, if enough of us bite back, they will (hopefully) wake up and start listening to their community.

I really want to love this game. But I have already found its replacements and, if this silliness doesn't change by the time my subs are up in October, then I am done.

-von
No one is forcing anyone to get Hades gear. It is not a requirement to progress in the game in any way. Why do you care so much if KI has given one little extra targeted at dedicated players who are willing to work for it? The game hasn't been turned over to the hardcore gamer set. There's one dungeon that isn't even remotely "hardcore". Frankly I find the drop rates in Tartarus a lot better than Waterworks. Tartarus is also a shorter and easier dungeon.

You ask "If they're going to make the gear that hard to get, why put it there at all?". Why put it there at all if they were just going to hand it out to everyone? It's a rare reward. If it was a common reward it would lose it's perceived value. Only it's rarity makes dungeons like Aquila dungeons possible. There would be no reason for people to keep playing those areas if they just gave you everything all at once. No one would ever buy the areas.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
No one is forcing anyone to get Hades gear. It is not a requirement to progress in the game in any way. Why do you care so much if KI has given one little extra targeted at dedicated players who are willing to work for it? The game hasn't been turned over to the hardcore gamer set. There's one dungeon that isn't even remotely "hardcore". Frankly I find the drop rates in Tartarus a lot better than Waterworks. Tartarus is also a shorter and easier dungeon.

You ask "If they're going to make the gear that hard to get, why put it there at all?". Why put it there at all if they were just going to hand it out to everyone? It's a rare reward. If it was a common reward it would lose it's perceived value. Only it's rarity makes dungeons like Aquila dungeons possible. There would be no reason for people to keep playing those areas if they just gave you everything all at once. No one would ever buy the areas.
Sorry, try again.

-what makes you think that I'm not willing to work for it?
-do you really think that I would be frustrated if I hadn't already done the work a hundred times?
-would I even be frustrated, if my efforts had been compensated fairly?

The problem here is that the reward is not equal to the effort.

I am not asking for handouts, or for things to be made easier. I'm asking for fair compensation, reward equal to the time and effort we put in. You may be content to spend 2 hours grinding through a long/cheaty dungeon, only to receive a handful of low-rank pet snacks and mist wood, but most of us are not... I know I'm not. My time is valuable, and this is an insult.

"Why put it there at all if they were just going to hand it out to everyone?"

I agree that Crowns item drops should be extremely rare. But these are not Crowns items: these are things that everyone should be able to obtain, within a reasonable time frame. I am willing to put the effort in, but only if I am fairly compensated for my time... 30-50 runs is reasonable; any more than that is ridiculous and completely unfair to those of us who *do* put the effort in and come up empty, time and again.

From the tone of your posts, I gather that you have loads of spare time and are definitely not a casual gamer. If you were, then you would understand why those of us who play for fun are tired of this silliness. Not everyone has your game experience; I shouldn't have to be an experienced gamer, in order to enjoy myself.

I don't have time for a second full-time job, especially not one that requires me to work for free.

-v.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Dr Von on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, try again.

-what makes you think that I'm not willing to work for it?
-do you really think that I would be frustrated if I hadn't already done the work a hundred times?
-would I even be frustrated, if my efforts had been compensated fairly?

The problem here is that the reward is not equal to the effort.

I am not asking for handouts, or for things to be made easier. I'm asking for fair compensation, reward equal to the time and effort we put in. You may be content to spend 2 hours grinding through a long/cheaty dungeon, only to receive a handful of low-rank pet snacks and mist wood, but most of us are not... I know I'm not. My time is valuable, and this is an insult.

"Why put it there at all if they were just going to hand it out to everyone?"

I agree that Crowns item drops should be extremely rare. But these are not Crowns items: these are things that everyone should be able to obtain, within a reasonable time frame. I am willing to put the effort in, but only if I am fairly compensated for my time... 30-50 runs is reasonable; any more than that is ridiculous and completely unfair to those of us who *do* put the effort in and come up empty, time and again.

From the tone of your posts, I gather that you have loads of spare time and are definitely not a casual gamer. If you were, then you would understand why those of us who play for fun are tired of this silliness. Not everyone has your game experience; I shouldn't have to be an experienced gamer, in order to enjoy myself.

I don't have time for a second full-time job, especially not one that requires me to work for free.

-v.
Well, the tartarus drops aren't crowns gear but they are better than most crowns gear sooooo, I guess it can't be too much more common than crowns gear. I am sure KI could put that gear in the crown shop and it would cost just as much as the lvl 95+ KR gear. Tartarus is unfair and is only fair to the lucky ones. I got my entire set of gear and wands for all the immortals including both of hades' sets in about 40 runs. Hearing how many runs others had to do for the gear makes me feel lucky. It is a shame KI is doing this, but it's a matter of luck and every time you walk into that dungeon, all you have to rely on is luck. If you can't, tartarus isn't suited for you.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
I am a life also farming Hades, which feels impossible for me. Whenever I go with a group they always tell me not to attack, only to heal. I am not much of a healer, instead I focus more on attack, but this happens every time. And if you don't even attack any of the bosses once, then what good can come from the battle? Its even worse considering the low drop rate for Hades. I'm not saying give it away on first try or anything, just make is sort of easier.

-Fiona

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Fiona SoulGlade on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
I am a life also farming Hades, which feels impossible for me. Whenever I go with a group they always tell me not to attack, only to heal. I am not much of a healer, instead I focus more on attack, but this happens every time. And if you don't even attack any of the bosses once, then what good can come from the battle? Its even worse considering the low drop rate for Hades. I'm not saying give it away on first try or anything, just make is sort of easier.

-Fiona
Personally when I created my Life wizard I had no idea it was considered the Spirals unpaid Henchmen and honed her as a fighter since I soloed. Water works was the first run I actually played minion in and once I had went though a few times I got over it. Well timed Rebirth and Forest Lords cut the dungeon time down by a lot. These wizards that refuse to consider Life as nothing but a healing class are really making these instances more work for everyone in there. Anyone who knows how to play Life can be a very efficient healer and dealer.
I have also met a few Life wizards that were so well at it they were just dealers and there was no need for a healer.

Call it luck but the run I decided I wasn't just the healer any more was the run I finally got the robe in?

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fiona SoulGlade on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:

-Fiona
Life is actually a great attacker in Tartarus since it boosts on most bosses including Hades and Poseidon. You don't need to attack to get drops, it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on who gets drops. My balance has gotten all the Zeus gear and most of the Hades gear just healing, tanking, and blade/trap support.