Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gladiator, lvl 30 Vs. lvl 90

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
this issue seems a bit puzzling, i was just at this door for like 45 minutes and seen something "new", lvl 90s going in for a ring, a lower level hops on, and they yell at the person, and hop off, that person keeps trying and they switch realms, one type of person is only going for a ring, that seldomly drops, another type, the whole dungeon. i was watching this kind of thing unfold for 45 minutes with many wizards.

why not put him in his "own" tower ... :S

so BOTH player types can benefit ...

i didn't even try to enter that mess, in a total of 1 hour, i found one team for ring farming, face it, most lvl 90s are there for the speed fight.

why "clash of the levels"?

they should be able to get their team for dungeon also without the 90s yelling at them, and like wise, squid and chronos would be great for tower fights also

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I have to agree with you that funneling wizards doing two completely different events through a single sigil is chaotic, sometimes funny like Laurel and Hardy funny, and sometimes frustrating to the point where you just log out for the evening.

There must be a better way.

I bet someone at KI is just sitting there laughing at all the wizards jumping on and off sigils and trying to get the right people for the right event. It can be pretty funny to watch.

Did I mention there has got to be a better way?

Survivor
Oct 25, 2011
Not to mention, the way people can port into gladiator fight doesn't seem right either. Look I have been trying for quite a long time to get that ring. What gets my goat is when I finally go into the dungeon with another wizard somebody from their friend's list port in and now is able to get part of the loot so now my odds are worst because of that person that popped in uninvited. I wrote to KI explaining how allowing low lvls to fight the gladiator even though under the description is states that battle is intended for lvl 90s is causing conflict. First off the higher lvls really don't like the idea that the lower lvls can jump in and basically leech off the higher lvls and are able to get that lvl 90 ring when they can't even equip because usually it is almost 60 lvls high than them. I really hope they will fix this soon before it gets ugly.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
whitemare24 on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Not to mention, the way people can port into gladiator fight doesn't seem right either. Look I have been trying for quite a long time to get that ring. What gets my goat is when I finally go into the dungeon with another wizard somebody from their friend's list port in and now is able to get part of the loot so now my odds are worst because of that person that popped in uninvited. I wrote to KI explaining how allowing low lvls to fight the gladiator even though under the description is states that battle is intended for lvl 90s is causing conflict. First off the higher lvls really don't like the idea that the lower lvls can jump in and basically leech off the higher lvls and are able to get that lvl 90 ring when they can't even equip because usually it is almost 60 lvls high than them. I really hope they will fix this soon before it gets ugly.
Other players do not affect your chance of getting a drop. It doesn't matter at all, except to the number of minions. Usually farming goes faster and better with a full ring, at least as long as everyone helps.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2011
Dakota, Please show me where you got your information that show that the amount of people in the battle doesn't affects the odds of rare drops?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
whitemare24 on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
Dakota, Please show me where you got your information that show that the amount of people in the battle doesn't affects the odds of rare drops?
Well I'm not Dakota but I will try to explain it.

I'm not sure how much we are allowed to say about game mechanics, but I think it's ok to say that in any electronic game what you see is not what is really happening. People assume that when you beat a boss, you win some treasure that the boss "had" and it gets shared between players. That's the way it feels, and thinking like that makes the game seem more real. But if you are concerned about other players getting "your" stuff, it is important to understand why they can't.

When something happens in the game that earns you a reward, you individually get a "grab bag" for that event. The computer picks the prizes at random on the spot. Some prizes are more common than others. Some are super rare. Some can be automatic, like quest rewards that everyone gets. But every time there is preset x% chance for your wizard to get a certain item. It is not affected by other players or anything else. Nothing gets stored, refilled, used up, or divided because until you beat that boss it didn't exist. At that moment the system picks something to give to each player, one at a time, based on programmed odds. It creates that item code and adds it to your inventory. So you need not worry about other players joining your fight. Your odds are always x%. Someone else getting something doesn't make you any more or less likely to get it.

I hope this post is permitted. Since this is true for many games & contains no wizard specifics I think it should be.