Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fps drops in the Commons after new graphics update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
So my problem with wizard101 is that the fps drops are so annoying I get around about 60fps however whenever I open my spellbook or backpack whatever you call it, the fps drops

Opening the spellbook or backpack
-10 fps drops

Going to the commons
(Perfect realms) -20fps to -30fps
(Crowded realms) -38 fps

Whenever classic mode is on the fps stays at 60fps
Mostly because of the new updated graphics it drops a lot.

even thou I have a gtx1050 it still drops everything is set to maximum performance, games I played stay at 60fps or 59fps such as

war thunder (60 fps to 58fps)
call of duty (58 fps)
battlefield 3 and 4 (60fps to 57fps)
portal knights (60fps)
skyrim (50fps)

So all these games can run pretty good but why not wizard101?
I mostly think of the game engine they use to create wizard101 it's called
(Gamebryo) this engine is very old and not every well common to be used in new generation games such as Fallout 3 used the same engine but the problems were that the fps drops was so common that it mostly ended up crashing the game so much that it was horrible to even use it

So again why not use Unreal engine 4 or Unity engine? the reason is that so many kids and adults don't have gaming computers wizard101 can run on any pc but the fps drop is so much that you only get like 20fps to 15fps I tested it before on a $200 laptop and on a $400 desktop the fps results are the same even thou I change the settings to the lowest settings possible still the same.

so I hope kingsisle can look into the fps drops and maybe fix the game engine or stuttering we get.