Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fleeing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
29
This can be in any world though, I just chose Wizard City. Well here goes,
Has anyone noticed lately how people come into your fight, bring other things lets say Rotting Fodders, and then flee so you have to try to defeat those Rotting Fodders that the other person brought in before he left? It seems unfair because one time I was fighting a really hard boss in the Labryinth and one of my friends teleported to me and brought another person in when I was almost done. He fled and eventualy I died. I had to start the quest ALL over again.

Nicole AshBlade
Level 52 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
329
Jerks, with nothing better to do than try to ruin your battle for giggles.

Y'all know who you are, and I really hope you're proud of yourselves for impeding on others' fun for no good reason. But I digress.

Best thing to do in that scenario is to fight it out as best as you can. You have nothing to lose, except for time, and there's a distinct feeling of accomplishment you feel when you defy odds and actually win battles unfairly stacked against you like that.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
22
That's annoying and rude. Wizard101 should allow us to cut off joining into battles. My legendary friend ported into a battle that was already hard for me and dragged in another monster then left because she said she had to "meet somebody".

So rude! I removed her, I don't know why people like to do that. They should seriously let us cut joining battles off.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
29
Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
29
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
172
well if someone did that it shouldn't be that hard to defeat rottening fodder, anyway kingisle can't really do anything about this.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
One guy in Grizzleheim kept teleporting to my friend, then as soon as another Splithoof Rager joined, he fleed. They are just mean. Another example of Wild Wizards, as I call them.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
29
avhop567 wrote:
well if someone did that it shouldn't be that hard to defeat rottening fodder, anyway kingisle can't really do anything about this.
I just used the rotting fodder as an example

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2899
There are other reasons it happens, i.e. somebody could get pulled into battle from the streets and then flee.

If somebody is harassing you with join/flee, remove them from your friends list. If they aren't on the list, then switch realms. Since it's apparently not a reportable offense, there isn't much else to do.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
avhop567 wrote:
well if someone did that it shouldn't be that hard to defeat rottening fodder, anyway kingisle can't really do anything about this.


as he said, this thread could be in any world, not just wizard city. and yea, rotting fodders arent that hard, but ever see that waverunner thread (about the algea)? about how they are really hard (not saying they arent) that is the time you really get mad at these jerks

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
2
Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
94
I once saw a band of three friends who would wait outside Stormdrain tower (nightshade's chill spot) and hop on to the sigils whenever somebody tried to enter for their quest. I noticed then shortly after the 3 of them standing back outside.

Now, I feel for the first person who went there for the quest. Now they have to deal with Nightshade and 3 Harvest lords with nearly 400hp. The poor kid wasn't even level 10 yet.

Some people....

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
200
buster1600 wrote:
buster1600 wrote:
Thanks!
i aggree
:-o
with the thanks? :laugh laugh:

forgive me but really you agree with a thanks? i think you ment the other one if not then, ........................... what the?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
34
classact21 wrote:
I once saw a band of three friends who would wait outside Stormdrain tower (nightshade's chill spot) and hop on to the sigils whenever somebody tried to enter for their quest. I noticed then shortly after the 3 of them standing back outside.

Now, I feel for the first person who went there for the quest. Now they have to deal with Nightshade and 3 Harvest lords with nearly 400hp. The poor kid wasn't even level 10 yet.

Some people....
Poor kid. Find them and challenge them to a duel. Seriously.

And to you 3 people

Not cool.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
17
randomspecks wrote:
That's annoying and rude. Wizard101 should allow us to cut off joining into battles. My legendary friend ported into a battle that was already hard for me and dragged in another monster then left because she said she had to "meet somebody".

So rude! I removed her, I don't know why people like to do that. They should seriously let us cut joining battles off.


I agree 100% and it is not only in wizard city it is every world , filled with rude players who jump on , uninvited ! I never do this unless I am pulled in and I say I am sorry and fight it out . There is a phrase in chat menu for a reason , " May I join you ", more should use it and I agree 100% , ability to lock any one from jumping on is a much needed option !

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
37
Agreed, it has happned to me also. One time i was battling with meh bro well turns out some random legend person joined in when we were about done and guess what, DRAGGED ONE IN and left. Me and him wer so mad. Anyway I think noobs should stop this, if they dont i can do something.(not really lol)

Noah icebreaker lvl 60 ice

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
25
Tonight, I had people join and flee, twice. I have always tried to be patient. In the Drum Jungle, my patients are getting very thin. The life of the opponents, are very high. To be left with one or two extra bad guys, makes it impossible. Once you are back up to full life, it is not just a quick jaunt, to get back to where you were.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Asiam005 wrote:
Tonight, I had people join and flee, twice. I have always tried to be patient. In the Drum Jungle, my patients are getting very thin. The life of the opponents, are very high. To be left with one or two extra bad guys, makes it impossible. Once you are back up to full life, it is not just a quick jaunt, to get back to where you were.


Same here. My problem is that the port-n-fleer was a friend of a friend. I don't want to delete the friend, couldn't turn off ports without blocking my friend from joining me, and ended up fighting 4 gorillas in a 2v4 scenario.

It was quite a challenge, but Clayton the Gnome did prevail!

Still, it would be nice if we could block friends-of-friends from porting into battles. Can't we have a setting to do this? Kind of like a certain social networking site allows us to set permissions to view content?

Qbb/Iridian

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
196
AmiRoi wrote:
randomspecks wrote:
That's annoying and rude. Wizard101 should allow us to cut off joining into battles. My legendary friend ported into a battle that was already hard for me and dragged in another monster then left because she said she had to "meet somebody".

So rude! I removed her, I don't know why people like to do that. They should seriously let us cut joining battles off.


I agree 100% and it is not only in wizard city it is every world , filled with rude players who jump on , uninvited ! I never do this unless I am pulled in and I say I am sorry and fight it out . There is a phrase in chat menu for a reason , " May I join you ", more should use it and I agree 100% , ability to lock any one from jumping on is a much needed option !


i agree ever thou i never use may i join you i still think people should use that since i start to walk in zf then i get pulled in because some enemy was close to me then someone join in and i get angry.

Blaze Gem Level 65 Pryomancer

Keep the Flame going
till the end of time

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Very annoying indeed, but the only exception, is when someone of a really low level flees because he/she gets scared of the enemy that he/she is facing. You can never tell the difference though.