Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fairy Queen Drops?

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 27, 2009
I've been battling Fairy Queens in Unicorn Way today, and I've only gotten gold. Doesn't the Fairy Queen have any equipment or mount drops anymore? Did Crab Alley get them all?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If your backpack is full, all you'll get is gold. Go home or to the Bazaar and check if you have room in the backpack. If not, sell some of it or stash it in one of your chests.

Community Leader
I have got many from Lady black hope, I am with you Willowdreamer I don't much from the fairy queen

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hero
May 27, 2009
Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Willowdreamer wrote:
I've been battling Fairy Queens in Unicorn Way today, and I've only gotten gold. Doesn't the Fairy Queen have any equipment or mount drops anymore? Did Crab Alley get them all?

I've just logged in after the 9 March 2011 update. The recent announcement said that Unicorn Way monsters would no longer drop reagents or pet snacks but that doesn't seem to be working right. I went to Unicorn Way and killed two Fairy Queens. The first gave me a Spider Silk reagent, the second a one-day Enchanted Broom.

Administrator
Yes it seems she still has a few snacks & reagents in her inventory. Thanks for letting us know.

MadLogician wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

I've just logged in after the 9 March 2011 update. The recent announcement said that Unicorn Way monsters would no longer drop reagents or pet snacks but that doesn't seem to be working right. I went to Unicorn Way and killed two Fairy Queens. The first gave me a Spider Silk reagent, the second a one-day Enchanted Broom.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Sep 11, 2010
The Unicorn Way bosses, including the Fairy Queen, still drop mounts and gear, but not as generously as they used to. Farming Rattlebones, the Fairy Queen, Lady Blackhope, the Fairy Queen, and back to Rattlebones repeatedly used to produce gold, gear, and giddy-ups within 10 cycles that would really put a young wizard in some good stuff.

Since gardening went live, this is no longer reliable. Getting a mount used to have about a 30% chance when battling these three bosses in this order and prior to gardening it never took more than 15 "kills" to get mounted.

On three occasions I have not gotten a mount from them in 30 consecutive kills. Now I farm Krokotopia when I want a mount. LOL - they don't drop the ride, but the gear easily sells for way more than the mount costs and it takes a LOT less time than Unicorn Way farming does.