Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon... Why No Creds?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
This happen to anyone else?
I was doing the sunken city dungeon, I had my quest bar set to it.
I finished the quest. I defeated Grubb.
It said I still had to do it.
I spent an hour and a half for nothing.
Now I have to redo it.
I got 30 experience after I defeated him though.
It didn't tell me to talk to Marla Stinger again. My brother got through. We did the quest together. His counted!
I watched him finish the quest. And we both were on it! It said the quest was complete. But I still have it in my slpellbook! I left the dungeon by foot and talked to her...and guess what... she said the start of the quest dialogue!
I would really like to know why this happened, and if this happened to anyone else.
I don't know if it was a glitch having to do with the test realm or what.
But Please KI, give me my creds!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
longboard15 on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Now I have to redo it.
It didn't tell me to talk to Marla Stinger again. My brother got through. We did the quest together. His counted!
I watched him finish the quest. And we both were on it! It said the quest was complete. But I still have it in my slpellbook! I left the dungeon by foot and talked to her...and guess what... she said the start of the quest dialogue!
I would really like to know why this happened, and if this happened to anyone else.
You said "... I left the dungeon by foot and talked to her ... ".

Does that mean that you walked out by using the dungeon entrance? If yes, then when you did that, you "reset" the dungeon.

The Players Guide explains dungeons:

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/questing2

The first paragraph says: "Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon."

After I finish defeating Grubb, I teleport to The Commons, and then go back to Marla Stinger where she is standing outside the Death School.

It isn't a glitch. You lost your progress.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
longboard15 on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Now I have to redo it.
I have not had this happen, but I do quest alone. I would contact support directly; they can tell that you've completed the dungeon and should be able to give you credit for it.