Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rates Soloing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
so what is up with the drop rates of mission items when you are fighting solo, me and a friend did the game up until celestia, including WT, and neither one of us never got an item from a quest, maybe like 2 times 1 of us didnt get the item, but then i made a myth and fire wizard, and im doing the game solo atm and i have had to kill up to 14 enemies for 1 mission item to drop in firecat alley, its like the game is punishing you for playing solo or something

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, let's use a few numbers to answer this query.

Say I'm questing in Firecat Alley as you suggested right? The drop rate of a particular item is say 25%, another mob joins increasing that chance to 50%
So, I now have a 50% chance to collect the item and a 50% chance I won't.
Another player joins increasing the odds to 75% in my favor and 25% not.
So, it all comes down to a matter of simple probability here. The more enemies in a battle, the higher your chances of collecting X Item.

Note that these numbers are just for example purposes and do not actually represent the actual % the game employs.

However, let's not forget about luck. Often times, luck may not be on your side, resulting in you falling in the section % of not collecting the item. It's aggravating, I know. It's a reason why the game encourages group play so much, it's easier.