Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop rate for waterworks hat has got to go

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2017
I've farmed this squid for days upon end with no results. If an item has a drop rate so low it takes this long, it just shouldn't exist. Especially if there is no other way in the game to get it. Talking about firestarter's helm btw. Is there seriously anything I can do

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It seems Luska has his tentacles firmly wrapped around his items as a few years ago, he wasn't this "mean."

I've long heard of a rumour which simply mentions the fact of repeatedly landing good and solid hits on him for your chance to increase of him dropping the hood.

I'm not sure if there is any truth to this, but you can try the technique.

Also, note that there are other variants to the hat, you don't necessarily have to use that one Luska has as the crafted one from Wintertusk or the one from Zig-Zag works just as well too.

You can also, in attempts to go by this faster, find a team that is only farming Luska.

Good Luck!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Noah Firetalon on Jun 7, 2019 wrote:
I've farmed this squid for days upon end with no results. If an item has a drop rate so low it takes this long, it just shouldn't exist. Especially if there is no other way in the game to get it. Talking about firestarter's helm btw. Is there seriously anything I can do
I know the agony of farming for a certain item: but, you must realize, drops are random. You could get it the first time, the hundredth time or it may take years ( In P101 Captain Blood's Jacket, I finally got it .though. )
Or you might try the SCC. Don't give up, then you really won't get it. Or you'll level up and find you don't need it.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2013
It is hard to farm pardox gear does it mean it has to go no, it is based on luck, if u want the gear farm for it, if not dont

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Noah Firetalon on Jun 7, 2019 wrote:
I know. It is very frustrating. If you want, I could help you. I got the hat and robe in 1 run (lucky me), and I could help.

Eric ThunderCrafter
Level 101

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I'm not sure if this is relevant but I'm farmed for gear in Mt. Olympus to receive the whole Zeus package. Definitely worth the almost ten attempts. I've read past posts complaining about the drop rate but I feel like its justified given the quality of the gear, especially Waterworks. I plan on farming for gear there once my wiz reaches level 60.

Sydney Storm
Chelsea MoonBlossom

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Honestly I think everyone has different experiences with the drop rate. I've heard of people farming for over 100 runs and not getting the whole gear set. I got super luck and got the entire storm set and the life mastery amulet in like 6 runs.

Emily Goldenleaf (lvl 62)