Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Cyrus Drake, a very complex man. When you first talk to him for your tutorial, he says clearly, "Another Myth wannabe"? from that moment you know he's one of the best teachers. He won't go easy on you and he will push you to your limits. He's actually the best teacher in my own opinion. Well I hope this isn't a spoiler, but at level 18 for Myth only he becomes a bit more nicer, seeing you've proven your capable of perusing your Myth intentions further.

How would you feel if your brother/sister/ or even mom or dad when nuts? Angry right? Only a few people who won't waste your time and have common sense will be the one's you'll admire. Cyrus isn't evil, and Diego may suspect that because he's Malistaire's brother, but don't judge people by who their related too, after all would you like that? Now that we know Cyrus doesn't intend to be so cruel, maybe he'll get some respect !

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The further along the wizard gets in the storyline, the more tolerant Professor Drake becomes. You have to prove yourself to him before he gives you any respect.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
colagada wrote:
The further along the wizard gets in the storyline, the more tolerant Professor Drake becomes. You have to prove yourself to him before he gives you any respect.
Yep your right. Since your a new wizard, he finds you a waste of space. But once he see's your potential, he changes.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
He's very nice to me now. :D

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I just got my Level 48 Myth spell, Orthrus, yesterday.

I won't post any spoilers, but, when you get to this point, be sure to pay attention to what is said by Cyrus, Dworgyn, and the person talking when you get the animation in Mooshu.

Someone had a real sense of humor when they did this one. I absolutely loved it !

It made my day !

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Before you start dragonspyre, you must fight him to show you are worthy of defeating malistaire. When you do, he guides you through dragonspyre and gives you some respect.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Yeah, like when <SPOLER> you beat him to get into Dragonspyre, he's like "Yeah, well, Dragonspyre is a MILLION times more dangerous than fighting ME!" Then, when you beat Malistaire, you gail some TOTAL respect from him. You gotta prove yourself.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
He is most definately my favorite teacher. Now that I am legendary, I miss his sarcasm. When you get the new pet, a little of it is still there, so I am glad he isn't all cookies and ice cream.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I love Cyrus!
My first wizard was a Myth wizard (she has since been deleted because I had no idea what I was doing) and after taking an Ice wizard to legendary, I went back to Myth. I am now at level 43 and am loving it, especially Cyrus and his sarcasm. :D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I created a myth character simply because I love Professor Drake :P Not in the lovey dovey way of course, but because his dry humor and sterness reminds me of my favorite fictional book character Larten Crepsley from The Saga of Darren Shan. Not to mention the grandmaster spell for myth is awesome! Medusa is beast.

Saffron IronThorn,
Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
My teacher is Malisatraire or I wished it was xd but the dude in sunken city was fine to although he really ugly xd
drake is very awesome

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2011
I remeber when he tried to get me expelled because what happend on Cyclops Lane was my fault :P

It happend before I came to Wizard City lol.

(I do understand why his is A bit mean though)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
Cyrus always been my favorite (every since i found out about his brother and figured out why he was being mean) so about level 3 he is a really awesome and funny teacher you rock cyrus