Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Calm Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Hello! I just got a new spell, CALM, it costs X pips, and it is manipulation (the open hand) It says "Reduce Threat On Target". I have cast the spell twice, it only allows me to cast the spell on an Enemy. Whenever I cast the spell, the enemy attacks me regularly. I don't understand how or when to use this spell. Can anybody help me out? Thanks!! ~Priscilla~ (Life School Wizard- Kelsey DragonShade)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
LOL I was actually looking for the same thing. Doesn't seem to be any explanation of Threat management anywhere on any site. how odd since it is apparently a core mechanic of the game.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Quite honestly, I never use the threat management spells. The best advice I can give is that if a spell doesn't benefit YOU, then don't feel as though you need it in your deck. There are several spells in my spell book that have never made it to my deck, and I'm finished with Mooshu on two characters. There are other spells that I didn't see a need for immediately, but later I did see the benefit, so don't be afraid to try it again later. :)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Still, does it not seem odd that "Threat" or "aggro" as I am used to calling it is almost completely absent from the game explanations, forums or even the Wiki Strategy guide sites?

My experience (main is only 18 take in mind) is that aggro works like this.

first in get's all the aggro from everyone
Simultanous join get's aggro in a round robin method.
Doing damage to someone not targeting you seems to have a "chance" of getting them to attack you, based on how much damage you do or maybe even have done total.
healing seems to build up aggro on all targets but very small, it's rare that someone switches to attack my healer even if being ignored damage wise by everyone.
The spells (calm, pacify, etc) seems to generate a chance to increase or reset that value towards you. honestly though, I've never had Calm (out of like 5 attempts) get someone to stop attacking me.

I would really like to see a rough explanation from a moderator that enforces or corrects this theory.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
prisky wrote:
Hello! I just got a new spell, CALM, it costs X pips, and it is manipulation (the open hand) It says "Reduce Threat On Target". I have cast the spell twice, it only allows me to cast the spell on an Enemy. Whenever I cast the spell, the enemy attacks me regularly. I don't understand how or when to use this spell. Can anybody help me out? Thanks!! ~Priscilla~ (Life School Wizard- Kelsey DragonShade)

On the subject:
Im ice and i get taunt which tells the enemy to attack you, not a teammate, so I think that calm or pacify or whatever tells the opponent to attack a teammate, if you have one.