Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila: Would someone help me understand?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Ok. First things first. I'm an Ice Wizard, L90.

Now, I had spent most of today in Aquila and have won some school specific clothing, which should be a big deal right? New gear that i some ways is better than Azteca, but in other ways not (waiting for friends to help with Tartarus, or whoever shows up).

If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.

I have the badge for completing Atlantea (Valorus Silver Archon), and have 70 and 90 gear for boots. While looking at the better deal, why is the level 70 the better option, instead of the 90? And if the critical attack and block in clothing is meaningless, why then did Diego teach us these things if KI seems to be setting them aside?

I have seen plenty of rants regarding clothing, and to be honest, if the Aquilan gear is better than Avalon, I need to be educated because I kinda expect when I am level 90, that gear for level 90 is better quality than 70, not the other way around.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

P.S., I would love to do Tartarus, the Sand Squid or Cronus for questing; but would prefer to have help in completing them. Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I am extremely confused about what exactly is going on with the gear.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
26
i don't really understand what you said but, its all dungeons also gear is gear don't complain

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
twilight sparkle on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
i don't really understand what you said but, its all dungeons also gear is gear don't complain
Twilight,

I'm not complaining, I am confused about what is going on.

To survive the Malistaire arc, we were helped by the Bazaar person to grab the best gear of our choosing.

To survive the Morganthe arc, we were taught critical attack and blocks were necessary.

Now with the Aquila expansion of Wizard City/Cyclops Lane; everything about the second arc is tossed out?

If the intent of Wizard101 was to confuse the player, they succeeded with me.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
305
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Twilight,

I'm not complaining, I am confused about what is going on.

To survive the Malistaire arc, we were helped by the Bazaar person to grab the best gear of our choosing.

To survive the Morganthe arc, we were taught critical attack and blocks were necessary.

Now with the Aquila expansion of Wizard City/Cyclops Lane; everything about the second arc is tossed out?

If the intent of Wizard101 was to confuse the player, they succeeded with me.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Well we were taught criticals and blocks existed and how they work. Plus senator's and all aquila gear sets that go beyond level 30 (70 and 90) have critical or block or both with the exception of a few pieces of gear. Plus the bazaar guy didn't have the best gear, he had gear other people didn't want.

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Ok. First things first. I'm an Ice Wizard, L90.

Now, I had spent most of today in Aquila and have won some school specific clothing, which should be a big deal right? New gear that i some ways is better than Azteca, but in other ways not (waiting for friends to help with Tartarus, or whoever shows up).

If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.

I have the badge for completing Atlantea (Valorus Silver Archon), and have 70 and 90 gear for boots. While looking at the better deal, why is the level 70 the better option, instead of the 90? And if the critical attack and block in clothing is meaningless, why then did Diego teach us these things if KI seems to be setting them aside?

I have seen plenty of rants regarding clothing, and to be honest, if the Aquilan gear is better than Avalon, I need to be educated because I kinda expect when I am level 90, that gear for level 90 is better quality than 70, not the other way around.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

P.S., I would love to do Tartarus, the Sand Squid or Cronus for questing; but would prefer to have help in completing them. Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I am extremely confused about what exactly is going on with the gear.
If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.
Diego introduces Critical and Critical Block because at Level 50 gear starts to use all these stats and you need to know how they work and how to use them if you want to use them. This teaching and introduction was meant to help understand the gear also in Celestia to Azteca. This teaching did not revolve around Aquila's release. And there i s Aquilan gear with critical and critical block.

If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.
I'm not sure how you got to critical being meaningless. Aquilan gear does use/have Critical and Critical Block on some higher level set. There are gear sets for Level 90's found, I believe around Tartarus, that is exceedingly powerful with similar, but stronger, Waterworks stats that you might be interested it. You may be able to get those from Level 90 side bosses as well.

I have the badge for completing Atlantea (Valorus Silver Archon), and have 70 and 90 gear for boots. While looking at the better deal, why is the level 70 the better option, instead of the 90? And if the critical attack and block in clothing is meaningless, why then did Diego teach us these things if KI seems to be setting them aside?
There have been cases where some lower level gear is a little stronger than higher level gear (not very often though). If you something like Posiedon's boots compared to a common Level 90 gear, it may appear that the Level 70 gear is stronger. This isn't new, but I'm not sure if you're comparing boots with similar stats. Could you please post the stats of the two boots? As for your question about Diego and critical, please look above.

Wizard101 isn't meant to confuse a player, but if you don't quite get the hang of somethings, it can seem so.

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.
Diego introduces Critical and Critical Block because at Level 50 gear starts to use all these stats and you need to know how they work and how to use them if you want to use them. This teaching and introduction was meant to help understand the gear also in Celestia to Azteca. This teaching did not revolve around Aquila's release. And there i s Aquilan gear with critical and critical block.

If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.
I'm not sure how you got to critical being meaningless. Aquilan gear does use/have Critical and Critical Block on some higher level set. There are gear sets for Level 90's found, I believe around Tartarus, that is exceedingly powerful with similar, but stronger, Waterworks stats that you might be interested it. You may be able to get those from Level 90 side bosses as well.

I have the badge for completing Atlantea (Valorus Silver Archon), and have 70 and 90 gear for boots. While looking at the better deal, why is the level 70 the better option, instead of the 90? And if the critical attack and block in clothing is meaningless, why then did Diego teach us these things if KI seems to be setting them aside?
There have been cases where some lower level gear is a little stronger than higher level gear (not very often though). If you something like Posiedon's boots compared to a common Level 90 gear, it may appear that the Level 70 gear is stronger. This isn't new, but I'm not sure if you're comparing boots with similar stats. Could you please post the stats of the two boots? As for your question about Diego and critical, please look above.

Wizard101 isn't meant to confuse a player, but if you don't quite get the hang of somethings, it can seem so.
Cunning,

Thanks for the explanations. I will try to post them ASAP. If not today I will post them tomorrow. I have crafted the level 30 Ice Boots, I think yesterday, and wanted to start my Balance and Storm wizards in Olympus.

Btw, if anyone reading this would be kind enough, I have Tartarus and Cronus left on my quest list and I would be grateful if three wizards would help me out. Please, please, please, please, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timothy Pearlflower L90

P.S., Is it necessary if I wanna get all the Ice gear from Zeus, that I use the Storm Wand of Hailstones that is given to Ice wizards?

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Cunning,

Thanks for the explanations. I will try to post them ASAP. If not today I will post them tomorrow. I have crafted the level 30 Ice Boots, I think yesterday, and wanted to start my Balance and Storm wizards in Olympus.

Btw, if anyone reading this would be kind enough, I have Tartarus and Cronus left on my quest list and I would be grateful if three wizards would help me out. Please, please, please, please, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timothy Pearlflower L90

P.S., Is it necessary if I wanna get all the Ice gear from Zeus, that I use the Storm Wand of Hailstones that is given to Ice wizards?
It's not necessary to have it or use it, you're more than welcome to switch it out if you wish. It would give you the full set look, but if the stats aren't to your tastes, there is a Level 90 version and you can stitch the stats out. If you're looking to have all the Ice gear from Zeus, though, then yes I'd say you might want to keep your eyes on the look out.

If I had boughten Tartarus, I would have more than loved to help you with it, but alas I have not. Might I direct you to asking for help on the Wizard101central.com message boards? Most players are nice and willing to help out. Mercenaries101 is also devoted to helping wizards, if I remember correctly...

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
It's not necessary to have it or use it, you're more than welcome to switch it out if you wish. It would give you the full set look, but if the stats aren't to your tastes, there is a Level 90 version and you can stitch the stats out. If you're looking to have all the Ice gear from Zeus, though, then yes I'd say you might want to keep your eyes on the look out.

If I had boughten Tartarus, I would have more than loved to help you with it, but alas I have not. Might I direct you to asking for help on the Wizard101central.com message boards? Most players are nice and willing to help out. Mercenaries101 is also devoted to helping wizards, if I remember correctly...
Mercenaries101? Is that a new game? And regarding wizard central, can I use my acct here to create one there?

Question: After defeating Hades, does more quest lines open in Aquila?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
51
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Mercenaries101? Is that a new game? And regarding wizard central, can I use my acct here to create one there?

Question: After defeating Hades, does more quest lines open in Aquila?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
On wizard101central.com, you can set up an account. It is free. And they have tons of info. They have players who volunteer to help with difficult areas/dungeons. Here is one link in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

And after you make your first post on that fansite, you can register for their current raffle to celebrate their 5th birthday:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/raffles.php

Another good point -- on Central, their response time is very quick (no time delay for moderators). It's a great fansite.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
51
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Mercenaries101? Is that a new game? And regarding wizard central, can I use my acct here to create one there?

Question: After defeating Hades, does more quest lines open in Aquila?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Oops... this is my second note ...

On my previous reply, I think I forgot to include the link for Central's birthday raffle...

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/raffles.php


Champion
Jul 04, 2012
496
I am having trouble understanding too.

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Abigail4z on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Oops... this is my second note ...

On my previous reply, I think I forgot to include the link for Central's birthday raffle...

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/raffles.php

Thanks abigail

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
May 09, 2010
61
Its Mixing and matching. It will be ihard to almost impossible to find a perfect gear.

Aquila gears are intended for damage, they have high Crit, power and pierce.
good for farming and typical pve.

While avalon are more defensive, Block and resist. good for boss hunting

Although lvl 60, waterworks are still good cause they are balanced.

The fun in gears in wiz101 is creating your own combination.

Do not expect to have a perfect gear, bec. if every one has them PVE and PVP would suck. No challenge at all.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Ok. First things first. I'm an Ice Wizard, L90.

Now, I had spent most of today in Aquila and have won some school specific clothing, which should be a big deal right? New gear that i some ways is better than Azteca, but in other ways not (waiting for friends to help with Tartarus, or whoever shows up).

If the Aquila gear has no need of the critical attack or block, why were we introduced to it? When I first came across critical gear that had both attack and block starting in Celestia, I had been looking for gear that had better stats for both as I leveled up to Promethean.

I have the badge for completing Atlantea (Valorus Silver Archon), and have 70 and 90 gear for boots. While looking at the better deal, why is the level 70 the better option, instead of the 90? And if the critical attack and block in clothing is meaningless, why then did Diego teach us these things if KI seems to be setting them aside?

I have seen plenty of rants regarding clothing, and to be honest, if the Aquilan gear is better than Avalon, I need to be educated because I kinda expect when I am level 90, that gear for level 90 is better quality than 70, not the other way around.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

P.S., I would love to do Tartarus, the Sand Squid or Cronus for questing; but would prefer to have help in completing them. Sorry if this sounds like a complaint, but I am extremely confused about what exactly is going on with the gear.
Aquila has a crafting vendor who sells critical gear and weapons...

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
11
Hello Im a lvl 34 life can anyone help me on mount Olympus.Because I dont think that it should be for level
30+ it was really hard when I went in alone so can anyone help please!?

AlexStormCaller
Level 34

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
1
Hey don't sweat it man. Just find some high level friends you'll be fine. I never made it on my first try, and honestly i still haven't made it. Just don't let that stop you

TravisFireHammer L33

P.S. best of luck to you on your journey