Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Animate Minion Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
I am currently a (level 17) Journeyman Thaumaturge. How do I go about getting the Animate spell to spawn minions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28 - Spell Name: Fire Elemental
Ice - level 28 - Spell Name: Ice Guardian
Death - level 28 - Spell Name: Animate
Storm - level 18 - Spell Name: Water Elemental
Life - level 18 - Spell Name: Sprite Guardian
Balance - levels 18 and 38 Spell Names: Mander Minion & Spectral Minion
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38 Spell Names: Golem Minion, Troll Minion, Cyclops Minion & Minotaur Minion

As you can see, if you are truly ice, you will receive the quest to get the Ice Guardian spell at level 28. You will not receive the quest for the Animate spell, that is a Death School spell and you will not be able to train it, however you may be lucky enough to find it on an item or as a Treasure Card.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Ianthine Spectre pet gives the Animate card at birth. You can buy this in the Crowns Shop for 9880 Crowns. It's said that the Gurtok Demon also drops this pet very rarely (I've heard of people not getting it after hundreds of tries, while others get it after a few tries). Being a Crowns drop, the chance of getting it is much smaller than of getting a non-Crowns drop.

One point about the Animate spell. Since wizards can only have 7 pip placings at one time, and since power pips are used as single pips for spells outside of the primary school, it means that the largest minion a non-Death wizard can cast is the 7-pip Living Scarecrow with 700 health. The pet is probably not restricted this way, but it's not likely that a pet will wait until it has 7 power pips before casting Animate.

I have no idea which enemies drop the card. I know that the Marvelous Minions treasure card (Crowns) pack has one very infrequently. The card can sometimes be bought at the Bazaar, but I've only rarely seen it there.