Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose called, no answer!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I recently leveled up to level 30, and I got a tutorial tip from Ambrose. He said he needed me in his office now, so naturally, I went to him. When I got there, he had no ! or ? over his head...I tried talking to him but he just said the default "Keep on searching! We must learn all that we can know about Malistaire's plans." Has anybody else had this problem? Am I supposed to unlock a new area in one of the side worlds?

Ian Crowrider
Magus (Level 30) Sorcerer

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29105.ftl

Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies and does not have an assignment for you!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies and does not have an assignment for you!

Professor, in the year or more that I've been playing, he's pretty much always done this. It's kind of annoying. Is there anyway to actually fix this?
thanks! :)

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:

OK. Thanks Professor Greyrose!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
KingCobra022 wrote:
I recently leveled up to level 30, and I got a tutorial tip from Ambrose. He said he needed me in his office now, so naturally, I went to him. When I got there, he had no ! or ? over his head...I tried talking to him but he just said the default "Keep on searching! We must learn all that we can know about Malistaire's plans." Has anybody else had this problem? Am I supposed to unlock a new area in one of the side worlds?

Ian Crowrider
That Happens To Me Too! That Makes Me A Little Sad When He Doesn't Have Anything For Me To Do. :-(

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
twilight5604 wrote:
KingCobra022 wrote:

Ian Crowrider
That Happens To Me Too! That Makes Me A Little Sad When He Doesn't Have Anything For Me To Do. :-(

I get a bit sad, too, and I'm glad that someone else shares this problem.

Ian Crowrider
Magus (Level 34)
Sorcerer