Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding 'slang' terms and numbers to filtered chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
For those people stuck with filtered we all know the frustration of not being able to say key things. An example would be numbers... Its so irratating saying 'tree thousand' or 'fur tea' Like just let us say numbers. Also, this game has alot to do with quick communication. And typing out paragraphs like an english professor is annoying. I want have the option of saying 'u' as in you, 'r' as in are and so on. One last thing is removing apostrophe on contraction words, that stuff is annoying. Yeah I know its proper grammar, but I dont wanna use that in a game man

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Gavin SpellBright on Apr 21, 2019 wrote:
For those people stuck with filtered we all know the frustration of not being able to say key things. An example would be numbers... Its so irratating saying 'tree thousand' or 'fur tea' Like just let us say numbers. Also, this game has alot to do with quick communication. And typing out paragraphs like an english professor is annoying. I want have the option of saying 'u' as in you, 'r' as in are and so on. One last thing is removing apostrophe on contraction words, that stuff is annoying. Yeah I know its proper grammar, but I dont wanna use that in a game man
The use of numbers are restricted to underage chat for the sole purpose of preventing someone from releasing there age, phone number, and home address. Sharing that information would be inappropriate, thus players who use age 13-17 chat are not allowed to use numbers in their sentences.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
I understand why they filter numbers but the thing with the apostrophes, that's dumb. Not even all the contractions are filtered, you can say "im" but you can't say "cant" or something like that.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
As the others mentioned, numbers are filtered to protect privacy. As for using texting abbreviations, it's better to use your plain English so that everyone can understand you.