Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zodiac Signs! I know it is already in W101..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
38
Yes, I know, I know there are some astral spells etc..but was about real zodiac spells? Like Aries, Scorpio, Taurus, Cancer...and at the beginning when your taking that test to create your character, maybe in the test is would say what is your zodiac sign? And that would probably involve with the schools...and spells, and gear, etc. But I just love the idea! KI, please read this and tell me what you think! Thank you!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
38
Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
83
Zodiac! (lol, I just didn't want to write much right now)

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1828
VERY interesting. I think the best way to do it would be to give a free spell at creation, based off of the two most popular zodiacs; american and chinese (yes, I'm biased on one of these choices). So, at creation, you would get, for lack of a better term, birth spells; one for the month and day and one for the year. Since you get emails about your anniversary and a gift, it could easily be given to everybody. The spells should be not school aligned and basic. They should be able to be used all throughout the game, so making them "X" pip spell would be great. Make one a single attack and one an attack all, based off of the symbols. Another way you could do this would be (if we use both eastern and western zodiacs) to combine both characters into one spell, and make it an Xpip AoE spell. It would be simple to combine the 2 zodiac symbols into one creature, and use that. So, for example, a dragon with crab claws and antennae, a woman with blindfold holding the scales with a dog on each, an ox with fish as the eyes and fins, etc.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
38
dayerider on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
VERY interesting. I think the best way to do it would be to give a free spell at creation, based off of the two most popular zodiacs; american and chinese (yes, I'm biased on one of these choices). So, at creation, you would get, for lack of a better term, birth spells; one for the month and day and one for the year. Since you get emails about your anniversary and a gift, it could easily be given to everybody. The spells should be not school aligned and basic. They should be able to be used all throughout the game, so making them "X" pip spell would be great. Make one a single attack and one an attack all, based off of the symbols. Another way you could do this would be (if we use both eastern and western zodiacs) to combine both characters into one spell, and make it an Xpip AoE spell. It would be simple to combine the 2 zodiac symbols into one creature, and use that. So, for example, a dragon with crab claws and antennae, a woman with blindfold holding the scales with a dog on each, an ox with fish as the eyes and fins, etc.
Um, well zodiac signs have nothing to do with american or chinese...but I like the rest of your idea!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
938
Because the philosophy of W101 is that you can become whatever you want regardless of your join date or the circumstances of your birthday. You can even skip the test. So I don't think zodiac signs or any other strongly deterministic element would have a role in training.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
405
Nice idea.... Especially the input from people commenting on your idea.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1828
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Um, well zodiac signs have nothing to do with american or chinese...but I like the rest of your idea!
well, Im using the symbols from the american and chinese zodiac/horoscope systems because they're the most widely known, and because it gives options for up to 24 individual symbols, and thus 24 spell options. There are others of course, but they're not as widely known (Druidic for example)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
776
I like the idea a lot. It's a simple way to add some variations to the otherwise very standardized characters. Perhaps the wizard chooses the zodiac sign during wizard creation (based on some informative information!). And zodiac should definitely not be change-able... even with crowns!

Happy Wizarding

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
776
dayerider on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
well, Im using the symbols from the american and chinese zodiac/horoscope systems because they're the most widely known, and because it gives options for up to 24 individual symbols, and thus 24 spell options. There are others of course, but they're not as widely known (Druidic for example)
I agree, good thoughts. I think all Autumn meant was that the "american" zodiac signs are western/european (or greek/roman). But irrelevant, we all know what you mean.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1828
RottenHeart on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I agree, good thoughts. I think all Autumn meant was that the "american" zodiac signs are western/european (or greek/roman). But irrelevant, we all know what you mean.
ah, point taken. Apologies Autumn.