Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

XP Points and Level Caps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I'm not quite sure how my idea will work especially with people who are already at the level cap of 120, but I'll suggest anyway. I know there are level caps to prevent over leveling and I just leveled up to 119 in Caravan in Mirage. I know once you level up to the cap you don't earn any more xp as you still quest and do battles. There should be a way to kind of store xp, more so just from quests at least and as the cap rises, you'll get "bonus xp" as you quest so you don't feel like you're losing all your points you've earned. or maybe at least increase the points you need to level up. Since level 110 and up stopped increasing at 2,500,000 points, I feel you should need more, especially those who like to do all the quests available in each world at a time. These quests in Polaris and Mirage can give so many points so you level up so fast. There could at least be a way to start filling the level 120 bar but can't level up to 121 until the cap raises. I really don't want to lose points, and I don't want to have to stop once I get to 120 until the cap raises. This probably doesn't make any sense but just at least a way to get some of the points you earned at least back when you're at the level cap and it gets raised again.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Andreaxox on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
I'm not quite sure how my idea will work especially with people who are already at the level cap of 120, but I'll suggest anyway. I know there are level caps to prevent over leveling and I just leveled up to 119 in Caravan in Mirage. I know once you level up to the cap you don't earn any more xp as you still quest and do battles. There should be a way to kind of store xp, more so just from quests at least and as the cap rises, you'll get "bonus xp" as you quest so you don't feel like you're losing all your points you've earned. or maybe at least increase the points you need to level up. Since level 110 and up stopped increasing at 2,500,000 points, I feel you should need more, especially those who like to do all the quests available in each world at a time. These quests in Polaris and Mirage can give so many points so you level up so fast. There could at least be a way to start filling the level 120 bar but can't level up to 121 until the cap raises. I really don't want to lose points, and I don't want to have to stop once I get to 120 until the cap raises. This probably doesn't make any sense but just at least a way to get some of the points you earned at least back when you're at the level cap and it gets raised again.
Then people would farm those xp points, would they not, if the lvl cap were to be raised and it would ruin the experience of earning true xp when like a new world comes out and would boost the person so much on one lvl that gives some disadvantage to other who actually earned their xp when their is a new lvl cap while they work on that.

Alejandro

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Andreaxox on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
KI won't do that and that is why many who reach the level cap, stop questing forward and work on things like their gardens, pets or decorating their houses. Some working on fishing badges or creature badges from previous worlds.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
a simple solution would be to raise the cap 20 levels ONE TIME, and give people time to catch up with the XP. 10 is an arbitrary number anyhow

Hero
May 02, 2009
dayerider on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
a simple solution would be to raise the cap 20 levels ONE TIME, and give people time to catch up with the XP. 10 is an arbitrary number anyhow
20 is a stretch, but 15 isn't. Why? Because Pirate101's very first level cap raise was by 15 (50-65) along with adding the 2 storyline worlds Marleybone and Aquila as well. I doubt that we'll ever see 20, but 15 doesn't sound too unreasonable if you think about it considering it's already been done by KI.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Some games I've seen, once you reach max level, you still gain your xp but when you level, it doesn't do anything more than refill your health and mana. Often the xp bar changes from green to blue to show you aren't gaining true xp. I would love for that to be a feature in wizard because the most annoying thing about being max, is not getting your energy refilled when you level up. :D

Moira Stormheart

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
flash33 on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
20 is a stretch, but 15 isn't. Why? Because Pirate101's very first level cap raise was by 15 (50-65) along with adding the 2 storyline worlds Marleybone and Aquila as well. I doubt that we'll ever see 20, but 15 doesn't sound too unreasonable if you think about it considering it's already been done by KI.
why is 20 more of a stretch than 15? They're all arbitrary standards. The reason why I said 20 is to give those people who have stopped questing at max a good amount of level to catch up on. Remember, they could do whatever they want, there really are no rules when it comes to level caps. My last wizard was maxed out in Walruskburg Harbor. If I stopped playing there, and then again at 120, I would probably STILL be in Polaris. If the cap was raised to 130 this time (which I know it didnt), I could probably have finished polaris and gotten to Mirage.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
dayerider on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
why is 20 more of a stretch than 15? They're all arbitrary standards. The reason why I said 20 is to give those people who have stopped questing at max a good amount of level to catch up on. Remember, they could do whatever they want, there really are no rules when it comes to level caps. My last wizard was maxed out in Walruskburg Harbor. If I stopped playing there, and then again at 120, I would probably STILL be in Polaris. If the cap was raised to 130 this time (which I know it didnt), I could probably have finished polaris and gotten to Mirage.
I am one of those who stops questing when I reach the level cap. Presently I have one wizard who is level 116 that has completed Polaris, except for Rasputin. For side quests, he has completed everything except for Darkmoor or Brandon's Trial by Dragon's Fire quest, so there is still XP to be gained from those. However I don't think there's enough XP from those quests to get him to level 117. That said, if I were in Mirage, I'd probably have stopped questing already waiting for the next level cap.

Personally I would love the extra 10 levels above what's "appropriate" for the end of the current end world. However one thing I do realize is that it would also make it near impossible for KI to ever come up with Waterworks or Darkmoor style dungeons anymore. If there was an additional 10 levels added, you're very unlikely to to reach it.

So say for example the current cap is 120 but they had made it 130. If they wanted to make a new side dungeon this summer or fall, how can they make it for level 120? Most people will be well over that. It won't be appropriate. But how can they make it for level 130 as almost nobody would probably be able to reach that level? Plus they wouldn't have launched any new mechanics or spells yet, so that level 130 dungeon will not be designed with the level 128 spells and anything else that comes out with the next world.

Even though personally I really would like to have that additional cap, I kind of understand where the reluctance comes from to extend the cap the way many of us have requested as it ties their hands with fill in opportunities that these big side dungeons offer.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
High Five Ghost on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
I am one of those who stops questing when I reach the level cap. Presently I have one wizard who is level 116 that has completed Polaris, except for Rasputin. For side quests, he has completed everything except for Darkmoor or Brandon's Trial by Dragon's Fire quest, so there is still XP to be gained from those. However I don't think there's enough XP from those quests to get him to level 117. That said, if I were in Mirage, I'd probably have stopped questing already waiting for the next level cap.

Personally I would love the extra 10 levels above what's "appropriate" for the end of the current end world. However one thing I do realize is that it would also make it near impossible for KI to ever come up with Waterworks or Darkmoor style dungeons anymore. If there was an additional 10 levels added, you're very unlikely to to reach it.

So say for example the current cap is 120 but they had made it 130. If they wanted to make a new side dungeon this summer or fall, how can they make it for level 120? Most people will be well over that. It won't be appropriate. But how can they make it for level 130 as almost nobody would probably be able to reach that level? Plus they wouldn't have launched any new mechanics or spells yet, so that level 130 dungeon will not be designed with the level 128 spells and anything else that comes out with the next world.

Even though personally I really would like to have that additional cap, I kind of understand where the reluctance comes from to extend the cap the way many of us have requested as it ties their hands with fill in opportunities that these big side dungeons offer.
as for the dungeon aspect, just wait until the next world before putting one out. Just because they jump the level cap, doesnt mean it restricts them from making a darkmoor/waterworks/helephant tower type dungeon, it just means they release it a bit later is all

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
completionist levels added... these levels can not be gained by traditional means... each level does give a training point, 100 health, 20 mana, 5 power pip chance, and 5 energy... only way to gain these 5 lvls is by doing gaunlets, dungeons, sides quests..... so now, you can do these without hurting your actual level growth in doing the worlds... of course as of now, you'll be lvl 125.... each lvl could add an additional title to your lvl... (lvl5) MasterChampion Sorceror......idk... simply where doing anything that isnt story based... adds it's own lvl bar... that gives it's own personal boosts...

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
My main point that I couldn't figure out how to say is that I wish when KI updates wizard101, they would've made the max levels what level someone would be if they did everything available to them, and expanding the xp points needed to level up instead of having the past 10 levels the same. Once I hit 110, I leveled up so quickly and I felt I really didn't match up to leveling up like that, compared to leveling up before.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Moira Stormheart on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
Some games I've seen, once you reach max level, you still gain your xp but when you level, it doesn't do anything more than refill your health and mana. Often the xp bar changes from green to blue to show you aren't gaining true xp. I would love for that to be a feature in wizard because the most annoying thing about being max, is not getting your energy refilled when you level up. :D

Moira Stormheart
I like that idea! Sometimes I get low on energy and have a lot of gardening to do so I rely on a level up to get me free energy! That would be so nice cause I really don't want to spend crowns on an energy elixir and save them for buying areas and permanent items!