Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

XP, higher level quest not worth effort.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
As the quest for the spellwrit continued on through the worlds I could see that it was more and more a challenge in the fight, sometimes if you are alone,it seem to not be a challenge just a matter of when you would die.
I am higher level now and at the end world, the XP pay for this quest is '15 ' and gold is 80, mighty slim for a high level fight. I am contemplating not finishing the quest simply because it doesn't pay enough for my efforts. I have several quests in my book that I have abandon, not because I can not complete, it is because its not worth all the stress and effort. Maybe one day when I complete the worlds I may go back and complete these quests because they certainly will not benefit me at this point in time. I wish the game would have made this special quest worth the XP to complete, far as gold, I can make gold without questing, just collect and sell regents. but XP here should have been better.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
2x4 two step on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
As the quest for the spellwrit continued on through the worlds I could see that it was more and more a challenge in the fight, sometimes if you are alone,it seem to not be a challenge just a matter of when you would die.
I am higher level now and at the end world, the XP pay for this quest is '15 ' and gold is 80, mighty slim for a high level fight. I am contemplating not finishing the quest simply because it doesn't pay enough for my efforts. I have several quests in my book that I have abandon, not because I can not complete, it is because its not worth all the stress and effort. Maybe one day when I complete the worlds I may go back and complete these quests because they certainly will not benefit me at this point in time. I wish the game would have made this special quest worth the XP to complete, far as gold, I can make gold without questing, just collect and sell regents. but XP here should have been better.
You get badges for them and if you don't hurry and complete them your doomed because the quest expired at the first day of May so it's worth the effort. It's like old Crab Alley all over again so hurry as this will end so or that's what I think will happy because a friend told me that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
2x4 two step on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
I agree. The XP is ridiculously low. Some of the drops are okay, but I sold them all anyway. The "event" itself is fun, but not worth the time and trouble, that's for sure! Very disappointing.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
The XP may be very, very, very, very, very low, however, you get very, very, very, very, very cool badges :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
After checking out some of this Event in test I chose not to even pick it up in live. IT didn't seem worth it then and from what I have seen from some players still isn't. Plus, if you pick this up on a low level wizard, since it is only a temporary event, that wizard will never be able to complete it.

IF something like this were to remain in game, the rewards need to be worth the effort. As for "Cool" badges, I try to complete all badges on all wizards, but this is one I will pass up.