Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would be great if you could have more than one rin

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I would LOVE to be able to have more than one ring. So many rings to choose from and I just wish we could use more than one. Not 10 <grin> but perhap at least 2.

Just a thought. :-D

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Absolutely! It is so frustrating trying to choose, since the modest improvements in stats that most of them give hardly make them worth the effort of putting them on. We would have many more options in equipping our characters. Pages and pages of rings and I can just wear one. In the real world, I have ten fingers.

Defender
May 29, 2009

I think wizards would just be too overpowering at that point. There's definitely strategy in picking gear since there's usually a trade-off in health/mana/healing/power pip percentage. If there wasn't a tradeoff, you would see the uber-wizard who could literally do everything. The challenge would be gone and once that's gone, boredom usually follows.

I may as well have two swords too since I have two hands. And while it may get a little hot, I could probably squeeze into two cloaks/vests too. I can wear multiple amulets too -- I mean, look at today's rappers and how much bling they have on.

The game is challenging because it forces you to make decisions about what to equip and what tradeoffs you're willing to make.

MalachiteMage wrote:
Absolutely! It is so frustrating trying to choose, since the modest improvements in stats that most of them give hardly make them worth the effort of putting them on. We would have many more options in equipping our characters. Pages and pages of rings and I can just wear one. In the real world, I have ten fingers.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
This is a really good idea, but I think there should be a maximum too...Like 3 max?

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
What I wish is that we can see what we are wearing. The Athames and rings look sooooo cool, but no one else can see them!

Well, back on subject

I agree, only one thing of each. I can balance twenty hats on my head from Dragon Spyre. I would end up having over 5,000 health. Would you like to duel me in a pvp now? I wouldn't think so. Or if I were to hold ten of my current rings. That'd boost my health to around 1,000.

I know how people who don't have memberships and want to do other things to boost their stats because its hard to train when you have no quests. But, you have to think of people with higher levels. That'd create an unbalance on the game.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
carterma wrote:

I think wizards would just be too overpowering at that point. There's definitely strategy in picking gear since there's usually a trade-off in health/mana/healing/power pip percentage. If there wasn't a tradeoff, you would see the uber-wizard who could literally do everything. The challenge would be gone and once that's gone, boredom usually follows.

I may as well have two swords too since I have two hands. And while it may get a little hot, I could probably squeeze into two cloaks/vests too. I can wear multiple amulets too -- I mean, look at today's rappers and how much bling they have on.

The game is challenging because it forces you to make decisions about what to equip and what tradeoffs you're willing to make.

MalachiteMage wrote:

Maybe I didn't phrase my comment too well. Let's see ... I can choose between a ring that increases my accuracy 1% and my Life attack 3% and one that increases my Life defense 2% and my power pips 1%. In the big picture, neither of those is really worth the bother to put the ring on. They might make a difference in 2% of the battles so the choice ends up being pointless. I'd rather have to make decisions that really made a difference.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Amen to the original post.
There should be maximums though.

I also like the idea of visibly seeing what we are wearing, but the programming would take a while.

~David SoulFlame
LVL 50 Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter
LVL 36 Sorcerer