Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Word filter changes

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Please allow plurals of all of your spells as "white" text rather than yellow text.

Example:
"I'll hit once you've cast your Bladestorms."

Please rename plants or allow verbatim plant names.

Examples:
"Queen Crape Myrtle"
"Purple Grapes of Wrath"

Thanks!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Also add these words to the whitelist:

• crit (small possibility of abuse, I admit)
  • underpowered
  • irrelevant
  • relatively
  • inks
  • TCs

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
can you also add the word "Glitched" or "Glictching"

I know glitch is in the filter but it's weird if you say "my game is glitch" instead of "my game is glitching"

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I'd also like the word "hilarious" put into the white words.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
sKochiya on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Also add these words to the whitelist:

• crit (small possibility of abuse, I admit)
  • underpowered
  • irrelevant
  • relatively
  • inks
  • TCs
Adding a few more.

Blonde
Essentially
Viable

That would make it easier for me to speak with Text Chatters.

I also have a few other requests that I don't see being added in the future, due to this being the U.S. version. Oh well.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
As well as the words "lag", "lagged" and "lagging".

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Word filters in games all have inherent problems when trying to filter words within words. Grapes and Glasses are very good examples. They both contain words that should be filtered even though they are completely non-offensive words in themselves.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
seethe42 on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
Word filters in games all have inherent problems when trying to filter words within words. Grapes and Glasses are very good examples. They both contain words that should be filtered even though they are completely non-offensive words in themselves.
You're right, however W101 certainly does have the capability to unfilter words containing filtered text. As an example, type "Fire" into a chat window. The singular letter, "F" is filtered (red), but switches to white text when the entire word is entered. Words specifically describing game content, such as cards or plants, should be white-listed. No additional coding seems necessary; just add them to the white list.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Not only do they need to allow more words but they also need to filter more words.