Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizards dooming wizards

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I was needing help with the Conservatory in Celestia a few days ago, and nobody was helping me. When I finally got a team member, I got sucked into the battle blocking the thing we were supposed to collect. And do you know what the team member did? The team member grabbed the thing he was supposed to collect and ditched me... and I died in battle. I didn't get help until ~30 minutes later. This is extremely annoying, and I see only three solutions:

1. Make it mandatory to defeat the enemies blocking the item we are supposed to collect (like literally add it to the quest log).

2. Make anyone, not just the first wizard, get sucked into the battle, so the person who planned to ditch me would have instead got forced into the battle.

3. Get rid of the enemies and dungeon and just hide the items we are supposed to collect somewhere else, without having to defeat anybody.

Thoughts, anyone?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Yes, this has been an ongoing frustration of mine and I'm completely baffled as to why KI has never addressed or even acknowledged it. Your solutions would also avoid the specific problem of people erroneously thinking only one person can get the item in this one long, awful PL dungeon. I was so mad at the girl who made the rest of us go into battle so she could take it and leave. She said that's how it's supposed to be and everyone else believed her. Another option would be to just have us defeat the enemy and we automatically pick up the item, like normal defeat/collect quests.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Fable Finder on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
I was needing help with the Conservatory in Celestia a few days ago, and nobody was helping me. When I finally got a team member, I got sucked into the battle blocking the thing we were supposed to collect. And do you know what the team member did? The team member grabbed the thing he was supposed to collect and ditched me... and I died in battle. I didn't get help until ~30 minutes later. This is extremely annoying, and I see only three solutions:

1. Make it mandatory to defeat the enemies blocking the item we are supposed to collect (like literally add it to the quest log).

2. Make anyone, not just the first wizard, get sucked into the battle, so the person who planned to ditch me would have instead got forced into the battle.

3. Get rid of the enemies and dungeon and just hide the items we are supposed to collect somewhere else, without having to defeat anybody.

Thoughts, anyone?
I kind of like the idea of being able to skip around battles for items personally. What I usually do is collect that thing, other player leaves the battle, I join the battle, he collects the thing and we both leave. It is kind of cheap though since u don't fight the battles but I wouldn't mind if kingsisle changed this.

Lvl 110
Lvl 57
Lvl 25

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:

Thoughts, anyone?
Great idea!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
I kind of like the idea of being able to skip around battles for items personally. What I usually do is collect that thing, other player leaves the battle, I join the battle, he collects the thing and we both leave. It is kind of cheap though since u don't fight the battles but I wouldn't mind if kingsisle changed this.

Lvl 110
Lvl 57
Lvl 25
That would work if people actually cooperated like that every single time, but they won't.