Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizardly Vacations

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2009
79
Hi fellow wizards!
Maybe we could go on vacations in the game like at beach resorts and oceans.
For one i thought of we could ride (only for flying mounts) our mounts to that place and then just like buy souvenirs, snorkeling, fishing, etc.
But we could also stay at hotels.
But a vacation would be costly like 30,000 gold to go to a place like Hawaii.
and then 40,000 to go to like CL but its far away from the attacking and cl base camp.
third place could be 50,000 to go to an island.

Stuff you can do
1: buy souvenirs (pets, mounts , gear, etc)
2: snorkel (gotta buy that if you dont have one )
3: dive (gotta ride a water mount and you need an air tank)
4: fly on your mount (if you have a flying mount)

Well post a comment if you like this idea! :)

-Sarai Griffin dust lvl60 promancer

-Scarlet Drake Rider lvl32 ice


Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Survivor
May 28, 2009
11
This is not The Sims. We don't need to go on vacation.
I disagree with that i think it is an awsome idea it would be fun to fish and snorkel

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
98
Why? isn't there already a lot of things to do in the spiral and wizards on vacation don't make sense to me but this is the forum where you could post your ideas and it is a good one but don't see it happening

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
85
Ok,I wanna start off with awsome idea and Ihave a few more ideas

The hotel can be on the other side of the Floating Land. Water-moles can be like waiters and can give massages. In the island,you cando activites to set records like the minigames. You can fly really high with your mount. Really it would be like The Sims and Wii Spors Resort. You can interact with wizards, duel them or challange them to games. Best of all.........

You can buy tshirts, trunks,sandals and hats with sunglasses in the Souviner Shop.

The name of the hotel should be something like Celestian or Floating Getaway. Cool, eh?

-W.V.S

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Not a bad idea! How about there's a female "Travel Agent" named Caley SeaHeaven in Olde Town. When you buy one of those locations, she gives you a "key" to the vacation island. For the next 7 days, you can acces the vacation island through the Spiral Door. And to get access to Caley, you'd have to at least have beaten Malistaire.

Defender
May 31, 2009
172
Why, exactly, do we need to go on vacations? It makes no sense... And I agree with that earlier post; this isn't The Sims

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
20
I think that is not a really good idea. We are wizards wizards don't go on vacations. I think it would be bad to the hole game. Like that guy said it is not the sims.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Riolu7890 wrote:
Why, exactly, do we need to go on vacations? It makes no sense... And I agree with that earlier post; this isn't The Sims

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Well, if you were to save the world in real life, wouldn't you want a break?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Jessiekat wrote:

I disagree with that i think it is an awsome idea it would be fun to fish and snorkel


Just because it would be "fun" doesn't mean it's a good idea. There has to be a point to it or else it won't be worth adding to the game.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
willwolf64 wrote:
Well, if you were to save the world in real life, wouldn't you want a break?


Well I'm not saving the world in real life, am I? You're trying to compare apples and oranges; they're completely different situations. I'm real. I have to sleep, and eat, and drink, and rest. My Wizard101 avatars, however, do not because they don't wear out. They don't have needs like real people because they aren't designed to act like real people. I wish people would realize that.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
willwolf64 wrote:
Riolu7890 wrote:
Why, exactly, do we need to go on vacations? It makes no sense... And I agree with that earlier post; this isn't The Sims

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Well, if you were to save the world in real life, wouldn't you want a break?


I'd want a break, but I wouldnt need to go to some resort for a week! Not to metion wizards have classes to do when were not kicking some evil behinds. If you want a vacation then go buy the island house with crowns or coins or just relax in the area with no monsters or in your castle/dorm

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
194
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Jessiekat wrote:

I disagree with that i think it is an awsome idea it would be fun to fish and snorkel


Just because it would be "fun" doesn't mean it's a good idea. There has to be a point to it or else it won't be worth adding to the game.


yeah this person has a point would holding a lit firework to your face for fun be a good idea?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
27
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
173
Not for this world... maybe for other games. I think it digresses from what the game is meant to be.

For the same reason we don't need kitchens, bathrooms, and "comforts of home." We are not "living" wizards here - even though people want it to be. They establish "families" and keep trying to take the role playing more like other games. That is not the purpose of this game.

If you are looking for a virtual/ alternate living, I don't think that's what Wizard 101 was designed for. We are students, we battle bad guys, we're here to improve our skills as wizards, save the spiral, etc. It's nice that we make friends a long the way - it makes the game more fun. But, I don't need a wizard vacation - if I ever do, I just won't play for a couple days - and I'm not there yet!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
i have an island and i see them funny fish jumping

i would just like to go diving there and friends too.

i think most nay water area should be deep enough to dive in i
f it is big enough say the size of the mill pond or bigger.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:
Hi fellow wizards!
Maybe we could go on vacations in the game like at beach resorts and oceans.
For one i thought of we could ride (only for flying mounts) our mounts to that place and then just like buy souvenirs, snorkeling, fishing, etc.
But we could also stay at hotels.
But a vacation would be costly like 30,000 gold to go to a place like Hawaii.
and then 40,000 to go to like CL but its far away from the attacking and cl base camp.
third place could be 50,000 to go to an island.

Stuff you can do
1: buy souvenirs (pets, mounts , gear, etc)
2: snorkel (gotta buy that if you dont have one )
3: dive (gotta ride a water mount and you need an air tank)
4: fly on your mount (if you have a flying mount)

Well post a comment if you like this idea! :)

-Sarai Griffin dust lvl60 promancer

-Scarlet Drake Rider lvl32 ice



I disagree, with a couple reasons.

1. Why do you need a water mount for the dive humans (or wizards) have their own way of diving without oversized fish.

2. The only way to get there is by a flying mount, that wouldn't be fair to those people in the game who can't afford a mount or don't have a flying mount.

3. A vacation, eh people already throw party's at their houses and when i got to them on rare occasions those party's feel like vacations and there really wasn't enough ideas for what your could do while you were there.

4. the vacation price is over-priced

5. The places would be too crowded since everybody would be rushing there like olympic runners.

Hunter legendwraith level60 necromancer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
I think it would be a wonderful idea. Though, since it is so expensive then maybe the items are lower priced then regular shops, and Snorkel gear included. Also, it does have a point. It gives legendaries something to do after they are done with all current quests.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:
Well, if you were to save the world in real life, wouldn't you want a break?


Well I'm not saving the world in real life, am I? You're trying to compare apples and oranges; they're completely different situations. I'm real. I have to sleep, and eat, and drink, and rest. My Wizard101 avatars, however, do not because they don't wear out. They don't have needs like real people because they aren't designed to act like real people. I wish people would realize that.


No, they are not designed to be like real people. Except they walk, talk, are mammals, look like people, have pets, homes, garden if they are bored. Remember that a real person is behind the screen, and that real person may want to go have a vacation and forget about Malistaire just for a day. Also, on National Geographic, they compared an apple and an orange. I'm not kidding.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
65
Hi there, if you read to the bottom, I had put up a while ago that maybe a world should be centered around a vacation, where of course some evil plot would be sprung.

A New World Idea

I was thinking where do the wizards go for vacation? How about after all of the hard work wizards have done, they are given the secret location of the wizard vacation world, but once they arrive, mischief is afoot and new quests begin.

I was thinking a tropical isle, complete with lagoon, volcano, resort, under ground caverns, jungle (yes, with wizard eating plants and giant insects), and beach zones.

Along with this new world, new spells in animal, mineral, and vegetable could be introduced. I don't have any specifics for what the spells would be, someone else could do that, but maybe 1 from each section for each school as you work through the world?


This is the url. I could not figure out how to link it. https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29339.ftl#159789

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
27
jayrose5555 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Jessiekat wrote:

I disagree with that i think it is an awsome idea it would be fun to fish and snorkel


Just because it would be "fun" doesn't mean it's a good idea. There has to be a point to it or else it won't be worth adding to the game.


yeah this person has a point would holding a lit firework to your face for fun be a good idea?
Hey! I think the point is of fishing is to catch fish and sell them. An easy way to make money! Maybe they would put some outfits to go a long with it. Lol and snorkeling would just be something to pass the time. If KI wanted to make money off of it then you could buy the snorkeling gear from the crownshop! XD guys, its a great idea. :D

Lindsey ThunderHorn Level 52 Necromancer

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
:D That would be awesome! Thanks for posting this! :D :D :D
Sometimes, I get bored in the game when I have nothing to do, so I could just go on vacation!
I love this idea, except I think there should be time limits on vacations (like 1 day, 7 days, etc. ) and there should be more places to choose from. I have some ideas......
1. Snowy Mountain Adventure.
Cost: 20,000 gold
What you could do there: Go snowboarding, sledding, etc., build your own snowman pet, exsplore the mountain, fight the yeti and more.
Hotel: A log cabin.
2. Island Getaway.
Cost: 40,000 gold
What you could do there: Play on the beach, go snorkeling (like you said), and more.
Hotel: A beach hut.
3. Rainforest Safari.
Cost: 30,000 gold
What you could do there: Go on a safari and take pictures, farm for really cool stuff, exsplore and more.
Hotel: A tree house.
4. Back In Time Exscape.
Cost: 90,000 gold
What you could do there: Fight dinosaurs, make cave drawings, dig for fossils, and more.
Hotel: A cave.
5. Ameusment Park Fun
Cost: 10,000 gold
What you could do there: Ride rides, play games, go sky diving and bungee jumping and more.
Hotel: A carnival tent.
Those are just some of my ideas. Ok, bye!
melcookie925

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
izzi250 wrote:
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:
Hi fellow wizards!
Maybe we could go on vacations in the game like at beach resorts and oceans.
For one i thought of we could ride (only for flying mounts) our mounts to that place and then just like buy souvenirs, snorkeling, fishing, etc.
But we could also stay at hotels.
But a vacation would be costly like 30,000 gold to go to a place like Hawaii.
and then 40,000 to go to like CL but its far away from the attacking and cl base camp.
third place could be 50,000 to go to an island.

Stuff you can do
1: buy souvenirs (pets, mounts , gear, etc)
2: snorkel (gotta buy that if you dont have one )
3: dive (gotta ride a water mount and you need an air tank)
4: fly on your mount (if you have a flying mount)

Well post a comment if you like this idea! :)

-Sarai Griffin dust lvl60 promancer

-Scarlet Drake Rider lvl32 ice



I disagree, with a couple reasons.

1. Why do you need a water mount for the dive humans (or wizards) have their own way of diving without oversized fish.

2. The only way to get there is by a flying mount, that wouldn't be fair to those people in the game who can't afford a mount or don't have a flying mount.

3. A vacation, eh people already throw party's at their houses and when i got to them on rare occasions those party's feel like vacations and there really wasn't enough ideas for what your could do while you were there.

4. the vacation price is over-priced

5. The places would be too crowded since everybody would be rushing there like olympic runners.

Hunter legendwraith level60 necromancer
I disagree with 3,4, and 5.
3. I know how you feel, but a vacation would just be so much fun!
4. The vacations are not over priced. You can earn up to like 200,000 gold in this game.
5. Have you forgot that people can just go to different realms?
melcookie925

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
willwolf64 wrote:
Not a bad idea! How about there's a female "Travel Agent" named Caley SeaHeaven in Olde Town. When you buy one of those locations, she gives you a "key" to the vacation island. For the next 7 days, you can acces the vacation island through the Spiral Door. And to get access to Caley, you'd have to at least have beaten Malistaire.
Good idea, but I think you should be level 15+ to go on vacation, not up to Celestia. :P

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
eggywig wrote:
No, they are not designed to be like real people. Except they walk, talk, are mammals, look like people, have pets, homes, garden if they are bored. Remember that a real person is behind the screen, and that real person may want to go have a vacation and forget about Malistaire just for a day. Also, on National Geographic, they compared an apple and an orange. I'm not kidding.


I'm still not seeing your point. To the untrained eye twins seem one and the same, but they're not. They have different likes and dislikes, different fears, different goals, and different needs. To take a line from you, the real person is behind the screen. Think about that: the real person is behind the screen. Don't you realize you're basically saying, "Why can't I live vicariously through my wizard"? If you want to take a vacation from Malistaire, well here's an idea: maybe you should give your computer a rest and do something else. Why do you need to stay in-game to take a break from Malistaire? Wizard101 isn't supposed to be the multidimensional simulation game that you want it to be because that's not its purpose. It's an MMORPG. By the way, that comment about comparing apples and oranges was meant to be taken colloquially, not literally. I thought you'd understand that, but I guess I was wrong.

1