Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 "Solo Mode" Selfi-sufficient account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
Creating a mode of W101, where it would be a solo, self-sufficient account. In this mode, you would have to quest alone, collect all gear alone, acquire gold without the use of other players in the bazaar, collect your own tc, collect your own reagents etc. You can't interact with other players. These accounts could have a special symbol next to their name for example so people know they are self sufficient. This would bring out a brand new aspect of the game and completely change game play for many. Achieving the best gear and soloing worlds completely would also be skill to show off.

Any support?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
SwellLife on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
Creating a mode of W101, where it would be a solo, self-sufficient account. In this mode, you would have to quest alone, collect all gear alone, acquire gold without the use of other players in the bazaar, collect your own tc, collect your own reagents etc. You can't interact with other players. These accounts could have a special symbol next to their name for example so people know they are self sufficient. This would bring out a brand new aspect of the game and completely change game play for many. Achieving the best gear and soloing worlds completely would also be skill to show off.

Any support?
This already exists in the form of Menu Chat players :P

Joking aside, I soloed a majority of the game on my Storm and I guess it would be nice if players are able to know who in particular is skilled enough to solo. It may even help people get into groups faster for dungeons if everyone is able to see that the person asking to get into a group IS skilled enough for the challenges that wait ahead.

However, this may just further alienate the casuals who can't do anything by themselves :/ I also think that everything in game IS soloable, it's just ridiculously difficult for some instances so teams are practically required.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I admit, this would be intresting, but the bosses would have to be less hard, or the wizard would have to level up faster. I think that at the hardness that it is right now, a level, like, 10 myth wizard would not be able to solo Eyes Maximus (or other cyclops lane bosses). And then theres the level 50 tower in collosus Bullavard. I've tried that with me and a level, like, 97 life wizard, but we still died.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an MMO? You can choose to do it solo if you want, but I don't think you should force everyone to do it. As it currently stands, there are a few fights you have to solo and a few you have to team up and many that you can do either way. I think this is fine as is, and we don't need to devote resources to it's own "mode". IMO

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SwellLife on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:

Any support?
I'm not sure what you mean about solo mode. The way i'm interpreting this is that you are asking KI to add what Wizard101 already has. All you have to do is choose to go solo and shut yourself off from other players by changing your settings in your quest book so other wizards will have no contact with you. Then you can have all game play to yourself.