Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101- in game Pirate101 Legacy

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Hello, you all. I have played both wizard101 and Pirate101 since their respective betas. I am beyond asking for content for pirate. Instead I will take a less selfish stand. I bequest on behalf of the pirate101 players-going to propose on how you can honour a dying games legacy.

In the Arcanum in wizard, there are plenty of empty rooms. You can add, something in there. This is how this would work.

The wizard (us) would receive a side quest chain. Called the collision. You the wizard, would be notified by grand mother raven, that her children (Thunder bird, Owl, and Wolf) have began to brag about a legendary duelist. One that is so powerful that he would rival the wizard.

That this legendary rival, took down Kane, the legendary threat that caused half the world to almost die. And thay while we the wizard dealt with other threats- he said he was the strongest in the spiral.

As such, a fight of the eon would occur. You the wizard would unlock the world door to skull island. Where Avery would say the following

“Ah Ambrose you old crone. It’s been a long time! So this is your prodigy I seen so much about” “I have not seen you since I was just a boy”

“Sure I may have spread some news. I want to make a wager. To set this in stone forever. Your wizard against my pirate. If you win, I will grant this wizard training to our exotic spells and abilities that no phony standing in a circle spells can give you”

“If I win, you are going to teach us, the pirates how to use magic. It will help me fulfill and build my skull island into a true republic. Since the fight with fin dorsal really messes things up”

The battle would take place on top of skull rock. Pirate and the wizard would duel till the death or till one stunned the other into submission.

Prior to this boss, Avery would ask, you about what you “heard about the pirate”. This will be you telling the game way your save file is like in that game.

Eg: the pirate was so strong he could break stone with his fist (buckoneer), he was a sneaky rogue one that slit his enemies throats without being seen (swash). He was a born leader one that could make a sheep eat a lion (privy). He could see his enemies from 1000 miles (musket). He was an inventor of magic who unlike wizards forged his own magic (witch)

Eg: He was fierce and faught with relentless strength (has axe), he was quickest on the draw (pistols), he could raise the dead with his hands (scepter), he was a blade storm (sword), he was tenacious (shield), he broke armour like clay (dagger)

Depending on what you chose... that is how the boss would function and what weapons he wore. You can also maybe scan the players save file for a pirate101 save and copy and paste their hero as their custom boss.

Since this boss is a single player boss. No one else can see what you have!! And since those who have not played pirate101, they won’t know how the sets look anyway. So they won’t care

The Boss

The bosses health would reflect the choices made by the player. But would be like following a flow chart
Which would control how the boss fights, his hp, play style etc.

Privy= 5K health. 55% resist. 70% outgoing damage, 33% critical chance.
Swash= 3.5K health. 160% outgoing damage, 33% resist, 100% critical chance
Musket= 4.3K health. 130% damage, 45% resist, 65% critical chance
Witch= 4.8k health. 100% dmg. 43% resist, 70% critical chance
Bucks= 6K health, 80% dmg, 90% resist, 40% critical

This bosses would also start with 7 power pips. And unlike in normal wiz, these bosses have AI. As such will play like a player would in competitive pvp. But with also cheats to make them harder.

Privy= Would shield every time you place a blade, (60% shield called valour fortress) they stack
Musket= every round puts a stacking -15% accuracy on you
Witch= Uses juju, hyper buff itself before attacking (+100% dmg stacking blade)
Buck= Every round would strike you and do 200 damage which can’t be blocked
Swash= goes invisible for 5 rounds, and can’t be target by single hit spells then does +70% dmg

All these bosses have a cheat which prevents enchants and TCs from working. Means your fighting these with your spells. You will fight on neutral turf so it won’t work (lore)

As such, these bosses will show that bosses and enemies don’t need to have huge HP bars. If kingsisle is willing to actually make the bosses hard by making fights about thinking over stacking blades and cards.

Since thes bosses can predict you, and if they guess correct, they will fill a Meter called deduction. When full, they would do an attack that does 5K damage moon and ignores armour. Meaning you have to be unpredictable.

But once you win what is the reward?

Reward

After winning, Avery will admit he lost. As a prize to the arcanum he gives one of the orbs he had from his earlier pirating days. He says this orb has all the knowledge that the pirates use. To take it with honour.

So which abilities would you unlock? Each costs 1 training point. So you will need to pick a choose.

1) vengeance strike- on hit gain power pip (aura 3 turns)
2) blade storm- 40% chance of wand hit, to hit again (death, life, balance,sun)
3)first strike- greatly improves chance of being first against pve

4)readied spell- 40% chance to copy blade to allies
5) cowards bane: on going second gain +2 pp
6) burst fire: 40% chance on wand hit to hit again (fire, ice storm, myth)

7) relentless: 40% of one hit to break multiple shields
8)witch hunter: on enemy heal, cast infection
9) over watch: If enemy goes first gain 1pip

10)riposte- on block critical, +30% critical chance for you
11) turn the tide- +15% resist bellow 25% HP
12) elusive- +15% dmg bellow 25% hp

POWERS

1) Krakens coil- +33% blade (Fire, storm, ice)
2) Wind spirit- +33% blade (death, life, myth, balance)
3) Viscious Charge- For 2 rounds switch round order + deal 100 dmg + 5% smoke screen

4) walk in shadows- can’t be target by single target spells (3 round global)
5)Sneak attack- 350 dmg enchant for wands
6)barricade- 1000 absorb on self

7) Reinforce- Heal all party 400 base
8) valor fortress- places 3 -65% shields on you
9)soul reaver- 100 moon damage for 10 rounds
10) mojo blast- 450 base damage aoe hit (sun damage)

Likewise you would unlock a currency from the boss. That would farm from him. That would allow you to make pirate101 stich able gear.

Here are the most important ones.

1)Kane set
2) Deacon, bishop, rookie, phule
3) all mounts
4) all unique pets
5) Houses
6) class based outfits

Kobe, ratbeard, Bonnie, etc as house companions. That you would craft with monstrology.

If the pirate101 players ever meant anything to you. If you ever cared. About us, like you claim every year, then at least give us this. We have accepted that the game is dead, but at least honour its legacy.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2019
This is one of the best ideas I've seen on this forum. As a long time player of Pirate101 (for almost a decade now) I would absolutely love to see this as a sendoff for the game if they've truly stopped updating it for good.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
You pirate101 players, we need your voices, each and everyone of you. If your a pirate get on here and comment! Anything from +1 the vote

YOU all claimed to want to help keep the game alive, this is your chance. You will get no more. Say something, before all chances to do so are gone

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
Lukeskywalker1313 on Aug 31, 2020 wrote:
Hello, you all. I have played both wizard101 and Pirate101 since their respective betas. I am beyond asking for content for pirate. Instead I will take a less selfish stand. I bequest on behalf of the pirate101 players-going to propose on how you can honour a dying games legacy.

In the Arcanum in wizard, there are plenty of empty rooms. You can add, something in there. This is how this would work.

The wizard (us) would receive a side quest chain. Called the collision. You the wizard, would be notified by grand mother raven, that her children (Thunder bird, Owl, and Wolf) have began to brag about a legendary duelist. One that is so powerful that he would rival the wizard.

That this legendary rival, took down Kane, the legendary threat that caused half the world to almost die. And thay while we the wizard dealt with other threats- he said he was the strongest in the spiral.

As such, a fight of the eon would occur. You the wizard would unlock the world door to skull island. Where Avery would say the following

“Ah Ambrose you old crone. It’s been a long time! So this is your prodigy I seen so much about” “I have not seen you since I was just a boy”

“Sure I may have spread some news. I want to make a wager. To set this in stone forever. Your wizard against my pirate. If you win, I will grant this wizard training to our exotic spells and abilities that no phony standing in a circle spells can give you”

“If I win, you are going to teach us, the pirates how to use magic. It will help me fulfill and build my skull island into a true republic. Since the fight with fin dorsal really messes things up”

The battle would take place on top of skull rock. Pirate and the wizard would duel till the death or till one stunned the other into submission.

Prior to this boss, Avery would ask, you about what you “heard about the pirate”. This will be you telling the game way your save file is like in that game.

Eg: the pirate was so strong he could break stone with his fist (buckoneer), he was a sneaky rogue one that slit his enemies throats without being seen (swash). He was a born leader one that could make a sheep eat a lion (privy). He could see his enemies from 1000 miles (musket). He was an inventor of magic who unlike wizards forged his own magic (witch)

Eg: He was fierce and faught with relentless strength (has axe), he was quickest on the draw (pistols), he could raise the dead with his hands (scepter), he was a blade storm (sword), he was tenacious (shield), he broke armour like clay (dagger)

Depending on what you chose... that is how the boss would function and what weapons he wore. You can also maybe scan the players save file for a pirate101 save and copy and paste their hero as their custom boss.

Since this boss is a single player boss. No one else can see what you have!! And since those who have not played pirate101, they won’t know how the sets look anyway. So they won’t care

The Boss

The bosses health would reflect the choices made by the player. But would be like following a flow chart
Which would control how the boss fights, his hp, play style etc.

Privy= 5K health. 55% resist. 70% outgoing damage, 33% critical chance.
Swash= 3.5K health. 160% outgoing damage, 33% resist, 100% critical chance
Musket= 4.3K health. 130% damage, 45% resist, 65% critical chance
Witch= 4.8k health. 100% dmg. 43% resist, 70% critical chance
Bucks= 6K health, 80% dmg, 90% resist, 40% critical

This bosses would also start with 7 power pips. And unlike in normal wiz, these bosses have AI. As such will play like a player would in competitive pvp. But with also cheats to make them harder.

Privy= Would shield every time you place a blade, (60% shield called valour fortress) they stack
Musket= every round puts a stacking -15% accuracy on you
Witch= Uses juju, hyper buff itself before attacking (+100% dmg stacking blade)
Buck= Every round would strike you and do 200 damage which can’t be blocked
Swash= goes invisible for 5 rounds, and can’t be target by single hit spells then does +70% dmg

All these bosses have a cheat which prevents enchants and TCs from working. Means your fighting these with your spells. You will fight on neutral turf so it won’t work (lore)

As such, these bosses will show that bosses and enemies don’t need to have huge HP bars. If kingsisle is willing to actually make the bosses hard by making fights about thinking over stacking blades and cards.

Since thes bosses can predict you, and if they guess correct, they will fill a Meter called deduction. When full, they would do an attack that does 5K damage moon and ignores armour. Meaning you have to be unpredictable.

But once you win what is the reward?

Reward

After winning, Avery will admit he lost. As a prize to the arcanum he gives one of the orbs he had from his earlier pirating days. He says this orb has all the knowledge that the pirates use. To take it with honour.

So which abilities would you unlock? Each costs 1 training point. So you will need to pick a choose.

1) vengeance strike- on hit gain power pip (aura 3 turns)
2) blade storm- 40% chance of wand hit, to hit again (death, life, balance,sun)
3)first strike- greatly improves chance of being first against pve

4)readied spell- 40% chance to copy blade to allies
5) cowards bane: on going second gain +2 pp
6) burst fire: 40% chance on wand hit to hit again (fire, ice storm, myth)

7) relentless: 40% of one hit to break multiple shields
8)witch hunter: on enemy heal, cast infection
9) over watch: If enemy goes first gain 1pip

10)riposte- on block critical, +30% critical chance for you
11) turn the tide- +15% resist bellow 25% HP
12) elusive- +15% dmg bellow 25% hp

POWERS

1) Krakens coil- +33% blade (Fire, storm, ice)
2) Wind spirit- +33% blade (death, life, myth, balance)
3) Viscious Charge- For 2 rounds switch round order + deal 100 dmg + 5% smoke screen

4) walk in shadows- can’t be target by single target spells (3 round global)
5)Sneak attack- 350 dmg enchant for wands
6)barricade- 1000 absorb on self

7) Reinforce- Heal all party 400 base
8) valor fortress- places 3 -65% shields on you
9)soul reaver- 100 moon damage for 10 rounds
10) mojo blast- 450 base damage aoe hit (sun damage)

Likewise you would unlock a currency from the boss. That would farm from him. That would allow you to make pirate101 stich able gear.

Here are the most important ones.

1)Kane set
2) Deacon, bishop, rookie, phule
3) all mounts
4) all unique pets
5) Houses
6) class based outfits

Kobe, ratbeard, Bonnie, etc as house companions. That you would craft with monstrology.

If the pirate101 players ever meant anything to you. If you ever cared. About us, like you claim every year, then at least give us this. We have accepted that the game is dead, but at least honour its legacy.
for rewards, shouldn't elusive and turn the tide be switched? tide gives more damage and benefits to end fights (damage, then accuracy, then ofc at 3 dodge, then additional str, then enhanced crit) and elusive works more as surviving or escaping fights (enhanced dodge, enhanced movement) i feel resist on elu would make more sense than res on tide, thats more of an odd naming thing that really doesn't make a huge difference though

the ideas are really solid though, as a primary pirate player.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Ye some of the talents could for sure need to be looked at. Since I can’t single handily port a game that has 9 years of content. That takes a lot of thinking.

It would make sense changing those 2 around. It is more of a guide for the developers if they want to do it. And are willing to do so? I guess time will tell hahaha. Since by doing some of the heavy lifting it is easier for Kingsisle to do this. Since it’s the generation of ideas that kingsisle usually struggle with. Not the implementation.

I just hope if they do this, they won’t turn it into pay to win. All I can ask for. But even if it was pay to win. I would still accept it haha. Since it’s better then nothing