Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 could use a face lift.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
If you've played through or are at least currently in Polaris, one thing you may have noticed is some of the character models look far better than ones in worlds that you have previously beat, such as Krokotopia, Dragonspyre etc.

What do I mean by "better"? Well, I'm going to be using the character Ivan, whom you meet in Polaris to get my point across.

For starts, Ivan's eyes are fully animated and move around as if he's actually looking at stuff, even his eyebrows move if I recall correctly. Ivan's character model textures (especially on the face) appear to have a higher resolution than previous NPC's you meet, and his animations look quite smooth.

Now compare this to your wizards model. Your wizards eyes, eyebrows or mouth doesn't move around, faces have quite a low resolution and animations are "decent", but could be better. This kind of treatment should be applied to spells as well.

I think much of Wizard101 could use some form of graphical improvement. When you go from a world like Wizard city to Polaris, it almost looks like two different games in terms of graphics. It doesn't have to happen all at once, but just work on improving the looks little by little. A great place to start would be our Wizards.

Next year Wizard101 will be having it's 10th birthday, and as great as that is, the game certainly does look at least 10 years old. Computers have come a long way since 2008 and many phones these days could probably play this game with solid performance if given the opportunity.

I'm not saying "make the game look like Crysis 3" but some nice touch ups here and there would certainly be a welcomed addition.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and lets try to get KI to see it!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
That would be dope. I've always imagined this game with completely revamped graphics, but I think some of the older graphics and animations present in first arc do bring back some nostalgia