Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Best School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
5
Hello fellow students, so I know there is no "best school" and that it's all a matter of opinion and strategy, just give me your feedback on what you like most. I have an Ice level 70 and it's a great school. It gets great health, moderate accuracy, and pretty fair attacks. Sure they don't have the MOST powerful attacks, but it can hit pretty high if it wants to. With just an Ice Blade, and an Ice Trap, Wooly Mammoth can hit around 3,000 dmg. ( Of course that's with my +30-35% dmg. boost. ) I just think Ice is a really fun school to be. I also have a life wizard level 69 and he's also pretty great. One thing you have to know before you attempt either of these classes is that you don't get your blade until you're in your late level 30's. ( Possibly level 38 ) Despite all the negatives, each school is powerful in it's own way. Each comes with advantages and disadvantages. If you're going to leave me a reply, leave me your reasoning as well. So long fellow wizards and good luck on your journey ! :)

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
You have no idea what you have started. I will sit back and eat my popcorn to see how many arguments unfold.

-Gtafreak101

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
jburton4342 wrote:
Hello fellow students, so I know there is no "best school" and that it's all a matter of opinion and strategy, just give me your feedback on what you like most. I have an Ice level 70 and it's a great school. It gets great health, moderate accuracy, and pretty fair attacks. Sure they don't have the MOST powerful attacks, but it can hit pretty high if it wants to. With just an Ice Blade, and an Ice Trap, Wooly Mammoth can hit around 3,000 dmg. ( Of course that's with my +30-35% dmg. boost. ) I just think Ice is a really fun school to be. I also have a life wizard level 69 and he's also pretty great. One thing you have to know before you attempt either of these classes is that you don't get your blade until you're in your late level 30's. ( Possibly level 38 ) Despite all the negatives, each school is powerful in it's own way. Each comes with advantages and disadvantages. If you're going to leave me a reply, leave me your reasoning as well. So long fellow wizards and good luck on your journey ! :)

Ice is my favorite as well. I do love not really worrying about dying due to our high life capabilities, and with the proper gear/spells, we can be very powerful indeed. Adding the traps and blades from krok, along with our own will make a huge difference.
My second fav is Death. Death again, can be extremely powerful and has the ability to heal while doing damage. Awesome combo. Plus they just look cool. LOL I rarely use shields with my Death wizards...added bonus! :)
The others I've tried and while i respect each school, these are the two schools I come back to over and over again.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
8
I would say that balace is the best school in pvp because they have a ton of shields and the only shield that can block them is an absorb or tower shield. For questing the best shcool i would say is death because they can do dammage and get some health back.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
42
I love all of my wizards and I know that you have heard it many times but , honestly, I think they are all equally strong. If I had to choose one I'd say my Life wizard, just because she was my first wizard ever created and I would be really depressed if I ever deleted her :-) However that's the only reason why I prefer her, I can't choose based on the school they are really different from each other :D

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
89
balance, life, and storm are best schools! especially in a combo! just like derpy, rainbow dash, and fluttershy being best ponies, your argument is invalid if you think otherwise...

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
21
balance to me is the best school. balance can heal, dill powerful attacks, shield, weakness and also has one of the best minions. Best shields because unlike tower, you need a school specific spell to take them off, unless you use a spell to steal or get rid of them. Balance gets one of the highest hitting spells in the game, next to judgement and tempest. Then we have 2 over time heals that help a lot and then the minion, minion does more then most, shielding, attacking, blading, and using weakness, also spectral minion. higher lvl gear gives lot of health, and moderate resist and they also have good accuracy.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
97
I saw a lot of replies to this post,they said i think this is the best school i think that is the best school. Well, they are all awesome in there own way. I am Myth and everyone thinks its the worst. WELL ITS NOT. They have really great minions, that's how its awesome in its way. Please don't argue, because out of all these comments, I'm right.

So i don't wanna hear Storm is the best school and Myth
is the worst ANYMORE.
Thank you for your time.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
103
clubpenguin2217 wrote:
I saw a lot of replies to this post,they said i think this is the best school i think that is the best school. Well, they are all awesome in there own way. I am Myth and everyone thinks its the worst. WELL ITS NOT. They have really great minions, that's how its awesome in its way. Please don't argue, because out of all these comments, I'm right.

So i don't wanna hear Storm is the best school and Myth
is the worst ANYMORE.
Thank you for your time.


Myth isn't the worst, but it's not the best. Because when you reach level 30-ish, guess what! You don't use minions anymore.

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
503
FunnyBunny77902 wrote:
clubpenguin2217 wrote:
I saw a lot of replies to this post,they said i think this is the best school i think that is the best school. Well, they are all awesome in there own way. I am Myth and everyone thinks its the worst. WELL ITS NOT. They have really great minions, that's how its awesome in its way. Please don't argue, because out of all these comments, I'm right.

So i don't wanna hear Storm is the best school and Myth
is the worst ANYMORE.
Thank you for your time.


Myth isn't the worst, but it's not the best. Because when you reach level 30-ish, guess what! You don't use minions anymore.

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice


One word: Talos.

On another note my favorite school happens to be Storm. I just love the fact that I am now and independent one, to hits top killer that can heal using power pips.

It's even gotten to the point where I'm actually starting to solo Avalon bosses far more then my friends. <3 It may be rough starting, but I'm glad I didn't give up on it because if you completely ignore PvP you get one heck of a fun experience with PvE.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
76
balance, we have spells that use all of the other schools and makes it one spell for example chimera does 350 damage for myth life and death and hydra does 190 for ice fire storm and we have some of the best spells in w101 that help us and our friends that other schools don't even understand. javascript:emoticon('8)');javascript:emoticon(':D');

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
27
gtafreak101 wrote:
You have no idea what you have started. I will sit back and eat my popcorn to see how many arguments unfold.

-Gtafreak101


Sadly I think that's true.But honestly there is no "best school" I mean every school has its ups and downs

Scarlet Silverhunter
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
There is no "best" school~ therefore, I shall join gtafreak and Scarlet Silverhunter in the popcorn party. ;)

That said, my favourite schools are Storm and Death, for their high damage and ability to heal while dealing damage, respectively. My first wiz was Balance, and I struggled with her until level 60~ it takes a very specific personality to play a support school well, and I don't have it (but at least I don't lie about it, heh).

/my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

El Veeb/vonawesome
archmage sorceress, trans necromancer, & legendary diviner.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
In MY OPINION, Balance. Balance isn't my school, but having the powers of all schools seems kinda awesome..

Survivor
Jun 05, 2012
9
gtafreak101 wrote:
You have no idea what you have started. I will sit back and eat my popcorn to see how many arguments unfold.

-Gtafreak101


Wow, really you dont have to be that serious

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
503
aditha0 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
You have no idea what you have started. I will sit back and eat my popcorn to see how many arguments unfold.

-Gtafreak101


Wow, really you dont have to be that serious


Actually he's quite rgight. And above the seriousness, it's called being blunt. Many people use this type of talking to people and I quite agree with their way of phrasing stuff!

Anyways, anyone want cookies that I baked to keep people from fighting.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
80
clubpenguin2217 wrote:
I saw a lot of replies to this post,they said i think this is the best school i think that is the best school. Well, they are all awesome in there own way. I am Myth and everyone thinks its the worst. WELL ITS NOT. They have really great minions, that's how its awesome in its way. Please don't argue, because out of all these comments, I'm right.

So i don't wanna hear Storm is the best school and Myth
is the worst ANYMORE.
Thank you for your time.

your right everyone says that they will beat myth in PvP like storm or death and when i use my medusa or earthquake they are all nearly dead and don't forget this guys myth also has the charm and shield removal so i use my earthquake when they stacked up on blades oh and i have been hearing some rumors that myth can never get the one in a million badge but i did and other have to
Adam Battleblade archmage conjuror