Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Battle Royale

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Hello fellow Wizards,

Now I know Battle Royales have been a recent craze with games like Fortnite taking over, but I feel like a similar gamemode could spice up Wizard101 PvP. Now of course having 100 wizards in a match would be simply outrageous, but I had thought that Wiz could take on a Battle Royale style similar to the most recent Pokemon games (Sun and Moon and their expansions). By this I mean a 1v1v1v1.
Spells would be selected as usual and AoEs would target all 3 opponents. However, similar to Pokemon, AoE spells would be nerfed. Modifiers like those used in tournaments could be used to lower the accuracy or damage of AoE spells. I believe this new gamemode could open up opportunities in the PvP scene and possibily create more of a balance among the schools rather than the current seeming Fire-Ice-Balance hierarchy. It would also force people to change their strategies. For example, a Medusa stun would cripple only one Wizard. From there, the other two Wizards could target the stunned Wizard who is unable to fight back or target the caster, who is now low on pips. Or Jading, which would provide a decent chance to survive aggro from 3 other players, but it, of course, would not provide as much survivability as it would in a 1v1.
I believe this could also find it's way into PvE. They could be a rare occurrence and would show up occasionally in solo instances. I feel that these would cause a sense of unpredictability in the game's AI and force the player to think on their feet, similar to cheating bosses. I think a great place to experiment with this would be Mirage's Aggrobah. The Wizard could fight the leaders of Aggrobah's three gangs of thieves in a Battle Royale.

Sorry for the long post. I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this, so I'd love to hear any ideas on how to make this fantasy any more practical or fun. See you in the Spiral!