Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101, addressing content and Players.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I don't mean to make a "Nostalgia" post, But does anyone else remember when this game was in beta-pre Dragonspyre? The community seemed alot more oriented in zones, now however, a newer player leveling the original path, I.E. Wizard City-Dragonspyre to get to the point of Celestia, the amount of players per zone seem to SIGNIFICANTLY drop around the higher level content point of Marleybone, Mooshu seems empty, and I ask, why?

Honestly, Before the crown shop was implanted in to the UI the games leveling seemed a lot more like a leveling adventure, You needed to find people to do dungeons with, to help you fight bosses, to get that sweet fire Katana from Mooshu that practically no one knew about. Now when you go through the zones you see players decked out in ridiculous crown gear and wands, it's almost as if the progression aspect of the game has be utterly removed in lower levels of content.

In higher levels of content, such as Azteca and Zafaria, the game seems horrifically repetitive, almost losing it's lust that made the game unique amongst other MMO's, If you haven't made it to the worlds yet, get ready for a huge grind, Practically fighting the same enemy models over and over again with the only variation being normally a slight recolor, and the countless reading of the text "You did not retrieve X from Y, please try again."

The game has an abnormally large amount of players in the starting zone of the game, each world of content seems to have less and less players, making it so that if you did not amass a group of friends to level through the game with at lower levels, it is VERY DIFFICULT to find people to do the content with you up to the point of quitting the game out of frustration.

I hope KingIlse is aware that there game is starting to lose it's lust in my opinion, and (slightly off topic) Your sister game Pirate101 is kind of showing itself as a hit and a miss. As a beta tester and 4-5 year veteran of the game, I really hope that you guys can revamp some of the old content soon to attract more players to the game. I would hate to see a wonderful game like this degrade into MMO abyss.

TO LONG DIDN'T READ: Please address older content and lack of player concentration in zones.

-Thank you

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
foooo12 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
I don't mean to make a "Nostalgia" post, But does anyone else remember when this game was in beta-pre Dragonspyre? The community seemed alot more oriented in zones, now however, a newer player leveling the original path, I.E. Wizard City-Dragonspyre to get to the point of Celestia, the amount of players per zone seem to SIGNIFICANTLY drop around the higher level content point of Marleybone, Mooshu seems empty, and I ask, why?

Honestly, Before the crown shop was implanted in to the UI the games leveling seemed a lot more like a leveling adventure, You needed to find people to do dungeons with, to help you fight bosses, to get that sweet fire Katana from Mooshu that practically no one knew about. Now when you go through the zones you see players decked out in ridiculous crown gear and wands, it's almost as if the progression aspect of the game has be utterly removed in lower levels of content.

In higher levels of content, such as Azteca and Zafaria, the game seems horrifically repetitive, almost losing it's lust that made the game unique amongst other MMO's, If you haven't made it to the worlds yet, get ready for a huge grind, Practically fighting the same enemy models over and over again with the only variation being normally a slight recolor, and the countless reading of the text "You did not retrieve X from Y, please try again."

The game has an abnormally large amount of players in the starting zone of the game, each world of content seems to have less and less players, making it so that if you did not amass a group of friends to level through the game with at lower levels, it is VERY DIFFICULT to find people to do the content with you up to the point of quitting the game out of frustration.

I hope KingIlse is aware that there game is starting to lose it's lust in my opinion, and (slightly off topic) Your sister game Pirate101 is kind of showing itself as a hit and a miss. As a beta tester and 4-5 year veteran of the game, I really hope that you guys can revamp some of the old content soon to attract more players to the game. I would hate to see a wonderful game like this degrade into MMO abyss.

TO LONG DIDN'T READ: Please address older content and lack of player concentration in zones.

-Thank you
I haven't been around quite that long, but do remember when Celestia was fairly new and nothing existed thereafter. Because it took forever to add new content, 90% of the friends my highest level wizard (Ice) acquired left the game entirely. Zafaria is horrible and I doubt I'll ever make it out because, as you say, there is rarely anyone there. Or if they are, they sure aren't willing to help.

It's sad the direction the game as taken...yes KI is a business, but greed will backfire every single time; and that's all I am seeing is greed on their part.

As for Pirates, I beta tested it and didn't like it. I gave it a shot, and did the whole free area. And promptly deleted everything. Not a fan at all.