Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Talents!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Hey, wizards! :] I was thinking....would wizards like to cook or play an instrument? It could be sort of like gardening, but wizards could train with cooking talent, music talent, or art talent. They could get badges, like Grandmaster Musician for example. When wizards reach at least level 12, they can choose either Gardening, Music, Art, or Cooking. They can learn a second talent when they reach level 36. Here are some more ideas I have about this topic...

Music Talent
~Wizards would learn how to play songs featured from worlds in the spiral.
~They begin with the flute, then move on to violin, then guitar. They change instruments every 12 levels.
~Each rank they learn a new song, with each song becoming more complex.
~It could be like the dance game a bit, but instead you have to click on strings to play or holes to cover (depending on the instrument)
~It costs 10 energy every time you practice, and you can practice twice each day.
~For the first rank, you need to practice 5 times to get to the next rank. 2nd rank, 7 times. 3rd, 9 times .Excreta. It's pretty much just adding a days worth of practicing to each rank.
~Drops could be: Gold, Reagents, XP for Music Talent
-->Probably a common concern about Music Talent
Why so much energy every time to practice an instrument?!?!
I think 10 energy is spot on, using ONLY 20 energy each day to practice. if you garden every day, you could probably be using 40 energy each day if you garden decent plants.

Cooking Talent
~Wizards learn how to cook different dishes with themes of other worlds, like Celestian Crab Cakes.
~The higher rank you are, the more ingredients needed for each recipe. Each ingredient could cost 4 energy to use.
~First recipe, you would need 3 ingredients. Then 4 ingredients, then 5, excreta.
~You can buy some ingredients at the Bazaar, others you have to "farm" recipes for. (Sort of like Amber)
~Wizards may farm recipes they have already completed to try to get ingredients or other cooking drops, but they won't get awarded XP counting towards moving to the next recipe.
~Drops could be: Gold, Pet Snacks, XP for Cooking Talent
-->Probably a common concern about Cooking Talent
Why can't you move to the next recipe/cooking rank when you farm recipes?
Because, then people would just keep cooking the first, easiest recipe until they get to the amount of Cooking XP the recipe they are currently working on gives, and get to the highest rank, which they don't deserve if they just used the easiest recipe 50 times.

Art Talent
~Wizards can paint portraits of famous Wizards, Witches, and Professors shown throughout the spiral. These can include Merle Ambrose, the professors in Ravenwood, Prospector Zeke, Belladonna Chrisp, Excreta.
~Each painting that is painted would give 75 Art XP, and you can paint one painting each day.
~The first rank would be 75 XP, then every rank following doubles. 2nd rank, 150. 3rd, 300, Excreta.
~Once in a while, your paintbrush or pallet would break, or a paint would dry. In this case, you'll need to use the materials you have collected from painting drops. You could get new paintbrushes, pallets, and paints.
~Each painting requires a certain number of paint colors. Each rank, you need another paint color. First rank, 1 paint. Second rank, 2 paints. Excreta, Excreta, Excreta. Each paint color you use costs 6 energy.
~Drops could be: Gold, Materials to repair broken objects, Art XP, and a rare drop...a furniture item of a portrait you painted.
-->Probably a common concern about Art Talent
Portraits of professors or other wizards as a reward?! Are you crazy? Those are crowns items!
There are crowns items drops all the time around Wizard City. In the waterworks, you can even get a mastery amulet, and those are nearly 10,000 crowns.

So, the 4 talents would be...
*Gardening
*Music
*Cooking
*Art

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with my idea, or are there anythings you would change? Tell me in the comments! :D

Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
And how do these relate to Wizardry and spells? LOL
It doesn't, and lots of things in Wizard101 don't. And can I remind you this is on The Dorms, which is the ideas board? :P

~Melissa&Jasmine, Life&Ice

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I really want to like this idea... I do. But, if I want to focus on this kind of skill-building, I'll go and play Sims 3, since that's basically what this is.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's the skill-gain aspect of Sims, combined with the already-frustrating tedium of crafting~ therefore, I'm sorry, but you don't have my support on this one.

Cheers,
-veebz

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
popcicool7777777 wrote:
The game is not called cooking101 duh!

This game is not called Gardening101, duh! And it still has gardening