Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 for Xbox/ PS3

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
43
Well the title kinda explains itself but, wouldn't it be fun for those of us with Xbox Live/ Playstation Network to be able to play wizard 101 on our consle!!!! I mean it would still be connected to the main server so that PC players can still play with Xbox/PS3 players. It would also improve the games graphics, not that their's anything wrong with them.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1087
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? That's so much extra work for no reason.


You always say that. I believe it would be more fun to play on a TELIVISION than on a computer, for one.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
mman17 wrote:
You always say that. I believe it would be more fun to play on a TELIVISION than on a computer, for one.


...and your point is? It's always true. Maybe people should stop and think about the work that would be included in their idea before creating a thread. First, KI would need to completely revamp the game so that it would work on a console, they'd need to hire a ton more people to maintain both the PC and the console game, they'd need to jack up the prices just to keep the company afloat, they'd need to make sure they'd make money off both games, and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. Notice how I said 'console'; having Wizard101 on PS3 alone would be a huge to do, but PS3 and Xbox 360?! It's not going to happen, and if it does it would be the beginning of the end. Sorry to ruin your fantasy with reality.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
43
mman17 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? That's so much extra work for no reason.


You always say that. I believe it would be more fun to play on a TELIVISION than on a computer, for one.

Thank you for your positive Reply. other guys i have one thing to say: IT would still be fun and no need to rain on my parade.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
how will you chat though??? for that, you really need a keyboard, dont you think? and it will, like many posters said, be a complete waste of time.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
35
i agree with the others, it takes too much work to bring the game to the home consoles, but what really ticked me off about this post is that YOU FORGOT THE WII!

ok so maybe the wii isnt as good graphically but just dont forget it next time!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
43
magicmist500 wrote:
i agree with the others, it takes too much work to bring the game to the home consoles, but what really ticked me off about this post is that YOU FORGOT THE WII!

ok so maybe the wii isnt as good graphically but just dont forget it next time!


I purposly left out the wii. Why? It can't handle the awsomeness that is W101. Also others mentioned how would you talk? You'd use the headphones!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
43
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
You always say that. I believe it would be more fun to play on a TELIVISION than on a computer, for one.


...and your point is? It's always true. Maybe people should stop and think about the work that would be included in their idea before creating a thread. First, KI would need to completely revamp the game so that it would work on a console, they'd need to hire a ton more people to maintain both the PC and the console game, they'd need to jack up the prices just to keep the company afloat, they'd need to make sure they'd make money off both games, and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. Notice how I said 'console'; having Wizard101 on PS3 alone would be a huge to do, but PS3 and Xbox 360?! It's not going to happen, and if it does it would be the beginning of the end. Sorry to ruin your fantasy with reality.

Why so harsh?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1087
magicmist500 wrote:
i agree with the others, it takes too much work to bring the game to the home consoles, but what really ticked me off about this post is that YOU FORGOT THE WII!

ok so maybe the wii isnt as good graphically but just dont forget it next time!


Sorry. The Wii is known as the least-advanced console at the moment.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
521
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Shadow0707 wrote:
Why so harsh?


Reality is harsh; why should I be any different? Believe me I think it would be an okay idea if it could work, but it simply can't. Not everyone has a PS3 or an Xbox 360 , but almost everyone has a PC. From this perspective, I only see it ending two ways (I'm using Xbox 360 for the example because I think KI would be more inclined to release Wizard101 on that than PS3):

1. KI spends a great deal of time and money perfecting the Xbox 360 version. However, this new access to the game only brings in a million or less players. Next quarter they realize they either need to jack up prices (which they obviously can't do since people complain about prices as it is) or cut one version of the game which will most likely be the Xbox 360 version. They would've done all that work for nothing.

2. KI spends a great deal of time and money perfecting the Xbox 360 version. It becomes way more popular than the PC version because all of the players who have the Xbox 360 that stopped playing Wizard101 on their computers, so KI decides to drop it. What are people who don't have Xbox 360, like me, supposed to do?

If I've got this all wrong, I can only hope a representative of KI doesn't hesitate to tell me.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1087
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
You always say that. I believe it would be more fun to play on a TELIVISION than on a computer, for one.


...and your point is? It's always true. Maybe people should stop and think about the work that would be included in their idea before creating a thread. First, KI would need to completely revamp the game so that it would work on a console, they'd need to hire a ton more people to maintain both the PC and the console game, they'd need to jack up the prices just to keep the company afloat, they'd need to make sure they'd make money off both games, and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. Notice how I said 'console'; having Wizard101 on PS3 alone would be a huge to do, but PS3 and Xbox 360?! It's not going to happen, and if it does it would be the beginning of the end. Sorry to ruin your fantasy with reality.


Well, you were harsh, first of all, and also, your idea of a what a fantasy is not a fantasy. If Wizard101 went console also, we shall see a huge addition to the POP. of this game.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
356
the idea is good but none of the gaming devises you thought of have key board but head sets to talk. the ds would be fun but the graphic would hard to make look as good as the pc virsion. wii and xbox konict both allow you to movie and play at the same time. psp might work like a small computer.

KI how would the idea on the risk reward chart.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
It would be useless on Xbox360 and the PS3 because most people have a PC or Mac (W101 works on Mac too, right?), yet not everyone has an Xbox360 or a PS3. Even though the graphics would be cooler, I know you actually plug a PC keyboard into an Xbox360, and talking with mics and headsets, it wouldn't be a good change. You are still playing on something glued to the wall.

Wizard101 on MOBILE devices like Nintendo 3DS/DSi, PSP/NGP, and iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch would be AWESOME! I would LOVE to play W101 on the go! Although, it might take take up some memory, internet connection would have to be required, and the graphics might not be the best. It would be cool though, so we could just type in our username and password, and we could just go in the same servers (EX: Someone playing on a PC could still play with someone using an iPad). You could still have your exact same character and everything, no matter what device you play on. It would work great with the touch screens (iPhone, DSi) and the consoles with analog sticks (PSP, 3DS).

It would rock with mobile!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
mman17 wrote:
Well, you were harsh, first of all, and also, your idea of a what a fantasy is not a fantasy. If Wizard101 went console also, we shall see a huge addition to the POP. of this game.


*gasp* Really? I am so, so sorry. Here's some money, go buy yourself some thicker skin. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just being honest. If you or Shadow0707 can't handle that...well that's your problem. Anyway, what I was referring to as fantasy is the fact that if KI ever made a console version of Wizard101, that community would never have any contact with the community that play the game on PC. They're apples and oranges; you can't compare or link them. Even if you're fine with that, there is the labor factor (I know some people think I say this too often, but it's something that one has to consider): KI's workload would be doubled, and there's also the high possibility that the console players would start complaining about the fact that other online console games are more visually pleasing and complex, but Wizard101 isn't (and the reason for that would be because they need to make both versions of the game equal). I think it would be cool to play Wizard101 on a console (it would be a lot less stressful on my computer), but I said it once and I'll say it again: it's not happening any time soon. I'm sorry to be the naysayer, but someone has to do it.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
5
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
Well, you were harsh, first of all, and also, your idea of a what a fantasy is not a fantasy. If Wizard101 went console also, we shall see a huge addition to the POP. of this game.


*gasp* Really? I am so, so sorry. Here's some money, go buy yourself some thicker skin. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just being honest. If you or Shadow0707 can't handle that...well that's your problem. Anyway, what I was referring to as fantasy is the fact that if KI ever made a console version of Wizard101, that community would never have any contact with the community that play the game on PC. They're apples and oranges; you can't compare or link them. Even if you're fine with that, there is the labor factor (I know some people think I say this too often, but it's something that one has to consider): KI's workload would be doubled, and there's also the high possibility that the console players would start complaining about the fact that other online console games are more visually pleasing and complex, but Wizard101 isn't (and the reason for that would be because they need to make both versions of the game equal). I think it would be cool to play Wizard101 on a console (it would be a lot less stressful on my computer), but I said it once and I'll say it again: it's not happening any time soon. I'm sorry to be the naysayer, but someone has to do it.
i know, but they could at least make a minigame for it for the people who own both

Survivor
Sep 28, 2010
1
All u guys are complaining about something that is totally possible just install windows on ur ps3 and play the game I have done it already the ps3 runs it fine as for as Xbox then do it also a little Googling and u will find uur answer plus add drivers and us your controller add a second app and you can use speak and type program there is a way around ever this and as for as the wii the specs could never add up to a ps3

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
Sheesh everyone! Don't be mean! I think it'd be a GREAT idea! I think it'd be even cooler to have a Wizard101 video game!
melcookie925

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
197
Though I'd love to see it, all communication would have to be through the headsets, and I know parents of younger players will *not* want their kids using a headset to talk to any of the 15,000,000 players out there, especially if you consider how many people are breaking the chat rules set by Text and Open Chat.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
19
first of all, you can hook up your pc to a television screen, and second, why spend so much time on new graphics when that work could be going into other, better improvements, and third, some of us don't have Xbox live

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
73
i could see how this would work, its so simple!

NORMAL MOVEMENT

the top analog pad could be used to move.

pressing the b button opens up the inventory

the y button could open the spellbook

the x button opens up text chat (will get to later)

the a button is used to talk to a NPC or use a item

BATTLE OPTIONS

the very left card will be larger then the rest then you get sucked into a battle. this card is basically what your mouse is on. use the top analog pad left or right will change the card your mouse is on. also, going down on the analog pad will give you access to the flee button.

press A to select the card

press B to discard

press Y to draw

press X to pass

woah, gotta dash! i will post more later :?

-------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it wasn't me--probably


Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
alex32724 wrote:
first of all, you can hook up your pc to a television screen, and second, why spend so much time on new graphics when that work could be going into other, better improvements, and third, some of us don't have Xbox live


Alex I have thought of your idea before my tv has a setting for pc I would be set the only problem is where in the world do I find the cable long enough to reach my tv. Please dont say wireless anything I dont have that kind of money.

As for the rest Having it on the xbox would be awesome. The cost of doing this would be a bit much though. Hmmmm... well I have some ideas. There are so many things on xbox live as it is why not just do like hulu did it was a internet only thing now its on xboxlive too. I know movies are diffrent from games by a long shot but you could just make it to where you have access to the web page and game. You load up the game and yaaay wizard time.

As for chating on the game there is bubble chat. I have been playing with it and you can have almost a full conversation with it. Also the is a keyboard that you can connect to the remote like you would a head set. It reminds me of a cellphone keyboard. I think they are 20$ not sure. I dont have one because I dont want one haha. anyway It a great idea it can be done but mostly likely wont be done. But we can dream cant we :D

PS I said nothing about other consoles because I dont have them. Wii never interested me even when it was brand new. PS3 well I had considered getting one but changed my mind and went with xbox.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
7
Actually if all you want is to play it on the tv you can connect your laptop or desktop using the pronged thing that you connect a screen to or an hdmi

1