Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Winged Sorrow

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
Hello!

On my level 123 death wizard, I recently got Qismah's curse. I not only like the 1020 damage (for just four pips? Whoa.) But I actually really like the dividing mechanism. It helps a lot if you can't attack all enemies but want to get more than one enemy on the same turn.

However, take a look at Winged Sorrow, and I still really don't see the point in this.

Firstly, 850-1030 is VERY low compared to the other spells. If you look at Life and Ice, they both get 950-1150 damage for one less pip. Life gives an 800 absorb which can also block 1600 from a critical. Ice gets a 75 shield which can be very useful.

Death, for one more pip, gets a spell that does less damage, and gives a 30 weakness to all.
While I definitely agree that weaknesses are in some ways more effective than shields (i.e. can't pierce) this just is not as useful as the others in PvE. I thought this game wasn't about PvP, yet a school which is known to be a poor performer (offensive-wise) in PvP gets a spell which wants to be useful but isn't.

I'm fine with the weakness, as it does have some uses.

But PLEASE, at least bring the damage up! When two WEAKER schools get 1150 damage for a more useful side effect (in most cases) for one LESS pip. Why does death get a very bad damage spell?

My suggestion would be 1000-1180. So it's not that far higher than Caterpillar or Weaver, but you're also spending an extra pip, so you gotta naturally have a damage increase anyway.

If you think you have a cheap 5 pip AoE lifesteal, do you really see a point in Winged Sorrow when just 8 or so levels later you get a 1020 for 4 pips?

At least they removed the beguile from the first version of WS, as while I didn't play at the time (I'm relatively new, actually) I'd have imagined beguile would slow things down a lot.

What do you guys think? While I love the concept of the spell, I definitely think the damage could be buffed just a bit more.

(This is my first post here, so apologies if this was in the wrong forum!)