Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will this work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
Let's say I have a Minotaur/Orthus, and I have 1 mythblade on myself. Will my 35%+ go for the first damage only or both of the two attacks?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Doctor Dr on Sep 6, 2017 wrote:
Let's say I have a Minotaur/Orthus, and I have 1 mythblade on myself. Will my 35%+ go for the first damage only or both of the two attacks?

The blade will effect the entire spell, so both.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Blades boost damage to the entire spell, from start to finish. Traps boost damage to only one 'hit.' In the case of Minotaur, you'd need to place two traps to boost both hits of the spell.

It works the same way as your Hydra. I'm sure you know by now that you need THREE Hexes to fully power your Hydra spell, as it will hit three separate times. But, using your Elemental Blades and Traps boosts the entire Hydra spell for you. Also, your regular blades boost the entire Hydra.

The Myth multi-hit spells and Fire DoT spells work in much the same way. Multiple hits need separate traps, but the blades always power the whole spell.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
So let's say I have 2 myth blades (same of kind) will it stack for the first damage and second damage?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Doctor Dr on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
So let's say I have 2 myth blades (same of kind) will it stack for the first damage and second damage?
Blades of the exact same type (such as your school-trained ones), will be used one-per-spell. They do not stack.

However, blades of different types do indeed stack and amplify. Example, Myth's regular trained +25% and Balance's +35% Spirit Blade will stack and provide a combined 60% damage boost to the entire spell. Adding in your damage bubble, plus a pet blade, an amulet blade, and a 'Sharpen Blade' enchantment on your trained blade can all stack together for amazing levels of damage.

The same goes for traps: different types will stack together and combine their damage.

Alia Misthaven